Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457]

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 1419484 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21840 on: October 09, 2019, 06:17:45 pm »

Autosaves tho
Somehow I heard this in the "Nanomachines, son!" tone of voice.

Ba ha ahahah ah aha ha ha  I had no idea about this,. I had to look this one up, and ended up watching the end boss section of this game. This is hamming it up gold.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #21841 on: October 09, 2019, 06:50:10 pm »

Senator Armstrong is a great parody character.  Who else drives a giant laser shooting ant that they can pick up with their bare hands and ends up being the evolution of said ant?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21842 on: October 09, 2019, 06:56:01 pm »

He also said Make America Great Again before it was cool.

The dramatic final word between them before you fight the last fight after like 30m of political rambling is

1: COME ON.

2: .......OK.

Never change, Kojima.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21843 on: October 09, 2019, 07:12:52 pm »

Autosaves tho

FO4 barely knows what those are, it's a constant pain in the rear.

Also, I've been playing on survival. No saving until I sleep in a bed or quit the game for the night. If it wasn't on Survival I would have no reason to use the vertibird.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21844 on: October 10, 2019, 09:13:03 am »

Blaster bombed.  Lost 6/10 of my best soldiers and a laser tank from a suicidal snake man who disregarded that setting the weapon off in the corridors of a landed battleship was not conducive to his survival.  Guess he accomplished what he was trying to do though...

At the very least my commander survived without injuries despite being in the blast.  Maybe flying suits actually do help a little, even if they only saved one other person caught in the blast.

And I guess I looted enough from the battleship to replace the soldiers and armor, but starting over with noobs is not a good thing.

X-COM classic.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21845 on: October 10, 2019, 10:41:41 am »

This could go into the own thread in part, but I lost in the end so it's just as appropriate here. Take on a ruined settlement with Lahmizzash and his kinda ok starting army, turns out its skaven and the buggers I'm at war with no less. They've got some numbers on me but the main problem is their skirmishers since I don't have any cavalry and the only thing that can lock them down temporarily are my two carrion squads which do the work but eventually get shot down by sheer number. Rest of my army is picked apart until only Lahmizzash remains, facing down 500+ skaven vermin. Dude actually holds his ground, and murders some 250 and routs most of the rest, unfortunately the bastards still had some ammo so he was continously getting picked at until he finally died to the last several dozen remaining rats.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21846 on: October 10, 2019, 12:21:39 pm »

Saw a bad dude. Knew dude was bad, so tried to hedge my bets and tunneled through the wall with my insta-death double chainsaw wand, coming out the other end right where the bad dude's head was located.

Bad dude spun around and got a shot off before he died. It penetrated my shield. I was blinded for several seconds. Watched in horror as a couple otherwise nonthreatening dudes showed up and proceeded to execute my helpless, fumbling self.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*weeping noises*

It's particularly bad seeing as this game doesn't have persistent unlocks/progression, sooo... That run's as good as one that dies in the starting cave, as far as the game's concerned.

Fuckin' Noita.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21847 on: October 10, 2019, 12:30:39 pm »

Best part is you seem to have been offed by robotnik's cousin or something. At least you were murdered by a decent pedigree.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • Pika Pika!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21848 on: October 10, 2019, 02:28:35 pm »

Dude, you were offed by a Badnik.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21849 on: October 10, 2019, 08:30:24 pm »

some lowlvl dude wrecked me with an electric knife while finishing to clear some underground tunnels near the starting location

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21850 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:48 pm »

I became suicidally incandescent.

Spoiler: just the game name (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: actual game spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21851 on: October 10, 2019, 11:42:04 pm »

I became suicidally incandescent.

Spoiler: just the game name (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: actual game spoiler (click to show/hide)
Get explosion immunity and then dig yourself back up to the surface. Then watch as your character slowly digs them self to the bottom of the earth (these mini-explosions dig ground right?)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21852 on: October 15, 2019, 07:50:27 pm »

Get finished burning some bugs attacking a distant iron mine, repair the damage, and get ready to move on. Then I get an alert that my copper mines(which are still located at my start point) are getting nommed. Where the hell they came from I cannot fathom. The only direction that they could have come from and not run into a gun turret or radar station(which they prioritize if they encounter) has no nests whatsoever in the narrow bit of land before it hits an ocean. And even then, they'd likely run into something else to prioritize.

I clear those bugs out, replace the damage, then I get in my tank and spend half an hour bombing the hell out of whatever nests I have in scanner range. I drive back to the factory, start planning where to start constructing a nuclear reactor...

I get an alert that my uranium mines are getting nommed.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21853 on: October 15, 2019, 10:26:00 pm »

I don't want to walk all through the ironworks again, so I try to slide down from the roof on some random pipes and things. I slip and die, although thankfully I had the presence of mind to save just after the boss.

I wish you could play Pip-Boy games to pass the time on long vertibird rides.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21854 on: Today at 05:54:16 am »

*Starts my very first Zunbils game*

"Oh hey, I've gotten a great oldest son, and I don't even have to kill the other sons of mine! I just need to kick the bucket as soon as possible, and the world's gonna be my oyster from that moment!"

*Succession happens, some vassals are unhappy and declare revolt*

"Eh, I'll deal with 'em! I just need to bait them into mountains!"

*Buddhist zealots rise up in Kabul, my capital*

"Nevermind, time to start again!"

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

A Viking's Tale - Come and plunder!

I'm not as active as I've used to be on the forums, but I'll still visit it.
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457]