Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266159 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21930 on: November 06, 2019, 05:40:32 pm »

Oh they do have that. I just assumed it was another bullshit asspull army like the vampire coast mutineers did several times. Nothing quite like pulling out a 20 stack of high tier units from a single minor settlement five turns after your last army got wiped.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: November 06, 2019, 06:00:39 pm »

Stuck in a dungeon that, because story reasons, none of my team - whose classes are basically Thief, White Mage/Summoner, Black Mage, and Blue Mage - can use magic. And also the White Mage in the group has an about 50% chance to just do nothing any turn, again because story reasons. I didn't realize either the non-magic thing and the WM having issues until after I picked my team and couldn't change it again. My only healing options are items, and the only place to buy items are those two asshole clowns the entire continent away that I want to shove a Cactuar up their asses and have it use 1000 Needles(Cactaurs are on said continent. They killed me once during the trip).

And also there's a boss that can inflict massive damage, confuse everyone, or drop someone's HP to one on any given turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh they do have that. I just assumed it was another bullshit asspull army like the vampire coast mutineers did several times. Nothing quite like pulling out a 20 stack of high tier units from a single minor settlement five turns after your last army got wiped.

Reminds me of the time in the original Medieval: Total War where I conquered Rome, only for a full-sized papal army consisting of end-game infantry to spawn on Rome and reinstate the Papacy while everyone was just getting to the second-tier troops. And then I got excommunicated. Again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: November 06, 2019, 06:46:53 pm »

I remember in Medieval 2 I attacked the pope's army and the game straight up spawned our armies with a massive impassible cliff in between, so there was no way for either side to meet in melee combat.  Wouldn't be surprised if it also gave the pope an extra special papal forcefield so random cannon balls couldn't kill him.

Meanwhile my brother assassinated like a dozen popes in a row until he got one he liked.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: November 06, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »

-snip-

Spoiler: Good News (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bad News (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21934 on: November 06, 2019, 06:59:55 pm »

Just play Byzantium, you never have to worry about the Pope!

Now, sure, you'll be perpetually at war with everyone that can so much as get a navy near one of your ports, but still, at least the Pope can't excommunicate you! (Because his predecessor has already done that. To your entire religion. Friendly sorts these Popes tend to be.)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: November 07, 2019, 06:51:36 am »

Seems that my luck as the dreadfleet continues. New attempt, decide to swing east like the game seems to want me to (tho it keeps giving quests to go to war with pretty much everyone, even folks it gave me quests to sign a non-agression pact with). Stuff is going pretty well when goddamn Wharg pops up in Caledor.

Who is Wharg? Oh just a random ork warboss who leads an army of 9 trolls, 3 chaos trolls, a cygor and 3 goddamn giants. On turn fucking 21 when the biggest thing I have are a handful of mortars. So I guess I'm leaving Caledor for now :I
AS - IG

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21936 on: November 07, 2019, 07:01:32 am »

Chaos trolls and a cygor? Thats one of those independent armies with crazy recruitment choices. Don't think you are meant to attack them early on.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: November 07, 2019, 07:09:08 am »

Tell that to the elves then, I noped out of there and several turns later I get notified that the faction has been wiped out :V

Also hard to ignore them when they spawn on top of you and start raiding and sacking your settlements.
AS - IG

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: November 07, 2019, 07:18:33 am »

Elves have a tendency to bring accurate missile fire to a fight, lots of it too. The lack of armour and shields combined with being large targets it is unsurprising the elves beat them.

As for the raiding, yeah that is hard to ignore. Bad luck they spawned on top of you.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: November 07, 2019, 04:57:55 pm »

how did i die? i dropped 120 bucks on modern warfare (which my 2014 era laptop can barely handle on low settings (but to be fair, its pretty cutting edge graphics wise)) and outer worlds.

lol jk. im doing ok with my job and can afford this.

how i really died was running headlong into a cave and getting popped by 3 claymores. campers are apparently a real problem with the game and i can kinda see why.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21940 on: November 10, 2019, 12:19:06 am »

I started a new Ultima 4 game. I upgraded my stuff, visited a lot of towns, got a bunch of clues, levelled up twice, got two party members, found a boat and began mapping the world with colored squares in a spreadsheet.

Then I closed the game without saving. Back to the beginning!

Ultima 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21941 on: November 10, 2019, 02:32:55 am »

Tried to ask a 400+ year old vampire to prom. Got rejected, probably because one or the other of my stats was a bit too low. I did win at dodgeball by annihilating the entire opposing team with mustard gas, though.

... I'm sure they're all fine.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21942 on: November 10, 2019, 04:28:23 am »

Gave up on Conquest mode because for some reason whenever you load the saved campaign, a number of your battalions(and the spaces the occupy) flip to the enemy. Seriously, I had half the map conquered at one point but when I load the campaign I'm suddenly pushed back to within two places of my last base.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21943 on: November 10, 2019, 08:41:50 pm »

We started Gloomhaven, and got fatigued in the second room both times. To be fair, we were playing on level 3 instead of 1 the first time through. I think we're just not doing enough damage somehow, but we're doing as much as we can without using loss cards.

Edit: Playing as a Brute, Scoundrel, and Tinker

how did i die? i dropped 120 bucks on modern warfare (which my 2014 era laptop can barely handle on low settings (but to be fair, its pretty cutting edge graphics wise)) and outer worlds.

Ah, you were looking for Antiquated Warfare. Actually, someone should take one of the older engines and make that. All fighting pixelated enemies with an arquebus or whatever.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:45:40 pm by Iduno »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21944 on: November 10, 2019, 09:03:38 pm »

I booted up my old Champions of Krynn save, finally finished up Throtl and moved on to Gargath. The fights are pretty hard, but I have an ace up my sleeve: a wand of magic missiles! That'll take care of...

oh, it's a wand of ice storm... and I just killed half my party with it...

Champions of Krynn.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 ... 1571