Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2238927 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21990 on: December 06, 2019, 10:15:57 am »

Disgaea 5.

Did you know that clearing a level of anything except the innocent you're trying to protect/capture ends the fight immediately, even though you've got more people with turns? And then 2 floors later there's one hiding behind a hill and you don't get that one either? Also, there's no way to save in the item world so you're just sitting there going through at least 10 hours even if real life gets involved?

Anyway, the item world being the best place to grind (you can grind a few things at once) and also incredibly annoying/boring means I've been going through underleveled, and that's why I keep getting party wipes. I may have to look up which maps have +exp/mana.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21991 on: December 06, 2019, 10:32:32 am »

Pokemon Emerald in Nuzlocke mode. the Elite 4 took the best of me, grinding to lvl 50 wasnt enough to survive, i gave up.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21992 on: December 06, 2019, 11:30:25 am »

I was a shadowrunner. My old shadowrunner friend had died, and his dead-man switch on his body transferred all his money to an escrow account. He sent me a video-message that his lawyer will pay me if I find out who killed him. Yes, I just ripped off the Shadowrun Returns opening.

I got to Seattle and found out that the city was under martial law. I went to the black market and met a fixer. I asked him about Sam Watts, and he hacked into his computer for me and we found out that he was working as Barack Obama's bodyguard. He was going to meet a friend named Travis when he died. The fixer showed me the hologram of this "Travis" person and holy shit! It was my ex-boyfriend who I thought had died. I left and broke down crying before I located Travis.

As it turns out, he ended up as a paranoid shotgun-toting drug addict and didn't seem to remember me. I asked him about Sam Watts and he told me to follow him into his room. He then locked the door. It was then that I realized I was unarmed and he was thinking about killing me. Why? Because 3 years ago I betrayed him, and that was why I thought he was dead. Whoops... I apologized profusely to him though and he forgave me, and told me to get the hell out of here. He was cagey about our dead mutual friend, Sam Watts, so I laid the charm on him and tasered him while we were having our forgiveness hug. Then I took his shotgun and snooped around on his laptop, stealing a file just simply called "The Fixer" from his e-mailing with Sam Watts. I also stole a photo of Sam Watts and cried a little. Then Travis woke up and tried to take his shotgun back so I punched him in the face and knocked him out again before escaping.

I tried to work on decrypting "The Fixer" file in my rented room, but a nuke went off near me. I got radiation poisoning and had to go to the hospital. I then figured out working on my cyberdeck while being bed-ridden that "The Fixer" is Dr. Kovas, a high-ranking scientist working for a megacorp. I became confident that Kovas killed Watts, and after getting out of hospital I tried getting to Kovas, but then I learned that the nuke killed him. I tracked down Kovas' safebox in a warehouse and discovered another photo of Sam Watts.

I hired a necromancer to let me talk to Sam Watts' ghost finally, after having enough mementos to summon him, including his actual corpse I stole from the morgue. Watts revealed ot me that he ordered a hit on himself to frame Dr. Kovas, which resulted in an angry anarchist group killing Kovas. I prove to the lawyer that Watts killed himself with the help of the necromancer, and I got my money. However on my way out I was attacked by thugs working for the President who wanted to keep the affair a secret, and I kill both of them. I wasn't able to get away though when the police came and I was tossed in jail.

I died in jail a few days later. Apparently the President already was monitoring me and fed me poison while I was in hospital. Oops.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NOTE: The AI only have object permanence for 8 turns, so the actual story isn't this coherent. I just made up some parts to make it flow, especially with Dr. Kovas because it keeps breaking and looping when I try to go meet him.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:00:26 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21993 on: December 06, 2019, 08:52:26 pm »

After fiddling around with the difficulty slider to make the game challenging but not impossible, I beat the main quest line. I defeated Mankar Camoran, took back the Amulet of Kings, closed the gates of Oblivion and ended the daedric threat.

Then I couldn't start the Shivering Isles campaign because I couldn't sit down.

TES4: Oblivion. I thought that glitch was covered by the patches I'd already installed...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21994 on: December 08, 2019, 01:46:14 pm »

I defended my base against an incursion by Sectoids, 2 Cyberdiscs, 1 Sectopod and 1 Man in black.

I won, but I lost 31 of my 40 agents, many of them high ranking operatives, in Heavy Tritanium Suits. I only got 63 points from that mission, with -948 from lost agents.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21995 on: December 08, 2019, 02:53:12 pm »

I declared holy war against the muslim king of Lithuania for control over the duchy (and county) of Man and won, but didn't gain control of the duchy. He held both titles, which means I should have gained the county, but... I didn't. So now I'm stuck in a ten year truce with him.

Crusader Kings 2
Black lives matter.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21996 on: December 08, 2019, 02:59:14 pm »

I usually solved that problem by assassinating rulers to end the truce.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21997 on: December 08, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »

I don't have the plot power for it, but my current ruler is pretty old so she's gonna kick the bucket soon enough. Still a pain.
Black lives matter.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21998 on: December 08, 2019, 06:13:06 pm »

So... how do i beat chapter 5 of FE Fates on max difficulty? Namely 5 freaks who stand before the boss. Hit ranges of at least two always interlap, and two and a half hits from them result in pretty much inevitable death for anyone. No one wants to be the first.  :P Now i'm trying to do something trough sheer persistence in powerleveling Azura (infinite singing? Oh, exploitable), but i'm pretty sure it will not work in the end.
EDIT: By going to the right side and tanking 2 mages by Kaze+Sakura. And even if someone dies, they all will respawn this time.
Observation 1 - power leveling Azura becomes very painful when at level 16 singing starts to give fiendish 3 xp per turn.
Observation 2 - if you try enough times, Ryoma can actually kill the boss himself and go after mages. Not like it really matters. What is 1 level for main character?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:46:04 pm by MCreeper »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21999 on: December 08, 2019, 08:23:11 pm »

After 55 hours, I finally launched the rocket.

Which, considering speed runners can do it in like 2 hours, and a typical person evidently does it in like 30 for the first time, I feel like I died. At least, I died a little inside...

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22000 on: December 08, 2019, 11:30:58 pm »

Which, considering speed runners can do it in like 2 hours, and a typical person evidently does it in like 30 for the first time, I feel like I died. At least, I died a little inside...

dude, its a sandbox game.  You are supposed to play around, explore, and enjoy yourself.

Sometimes the fun is in just reorganizing your things.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22001 on: December 09, 2019, 12:51:48 am »

dude, its a sandbox game.  You are supposed to play around, explore, and enjoy yourself.

Sometimes the fun is in just reorganizing your things.

That was 55 hours without doing much in the way of exploring or tertiary activities that would increase the nominal completion time. I'm evidently just that inefficient. Of which, having spent that time, I understand a lot more of its intricacies now and can shave it down a good chunk, like not obsessively building defenses that ultimately prove to be marginally less effective than the Maginot Line. Sure, it can be played infinitely... but I was trying for the rocket launch. Admittedly not with particular urgency, but my efforts were focused in that direction.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22002 on: December 09, 2019, 02:18:43 pm »

Jeb was stranded in space after a failed, misinformed attempt to flyby the Mun left him without fuel in a highly eccentric orbit with its periapsis at 120km and its apoasis at around Mun level.  I didn’t feel ready to rescue him so I did other stuff in the meantime.  In the next Mun mission while speeding up time, I (somehow) spot that Jeb’s orbit has changed.  He’s going to reach the moon after all!  Directly, at 520 m/s.  I jump him out and attempt to jetpack into Mun orbit.  He makes a good show of it but runs out of fuel.

The next few minutes were utterly surreal.  Imagine a Kerbil spinning in darkness.  You can’t see his face.  Then every few seconds he rotates towards the sun and you can see he has a look of absolute wonder and joy on his face.  Then back to darkness.  This continued, until, well, Jeb became the first Kerbil to land on touch the Mun.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22003 on: December 09, 2019, 03:33:35 pm »

It's definitely a cheat, but in cases like that I've had Jeb just get out of the rocket and push to get home.  It's tedious, but the idea is to have him line up with the rocket and thrust as much as he can to adjust the rocket's orbit.  When he's low on fuel, get back into the capsule to refuel, then get out and repeat until you get an orbit that takes you back to Kerbin's atmosphere and allows the rocket to deorbit.  You'd be surprised how effective this is if done at the right part of an orbit.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22004 on: December 09, 2019, 04:31:52 pm »

I declared holy war against the muslim king of Lithuania for control over the duchy (and county) of Man and won, but didn't gain control of the duchy. He held both titles, which means I should have gained the county, but... I didn't. So now I'm stuck in a ten year truce with him.

Crusader Kings 2

A similar thing happened to me today. I am the Jarl of Albany and Connacht (Norwegians conquered Scotland, then I inherited Connacht.). I pressed some dude's weak claim on the Petty Kingdom of Ulster. The war declaration window said, that he would become my vassal when I win. He did not. I helped him get the throne and got nothing out of it.
I guess pressing other people's weak claims and declaring holy war over titles of the same value as is your highest title just does not work.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 1465 1466 [1467] 1468 1469 ... 1570