Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266981 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22065 on: January 04, 2020, 08:26:51 am »

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Battletech

You’re the son of a mechanic who provides upkeep and maintenance for a local governor of whatever Successor House you are. Your father has you test the mechs to ensure they work upon delivery, but you’ve never seen combat yourself. That is, until your planet is attacked by a massive force when you go to deliver your father’s latest project to the local leader. You’re cut off from the fortress the leader resides in but informed of a shuttle trying to flee the planet not far from your location. And so your adventure begins.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22066 on: January 04, 2020, 10:05:53 am »

Wrong thread, Paperman. Unless you somehow died in both games simultaneously (in which case, send me the specs for your rig because anything that can run both at the same time is woah.)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22067 on: January 04, 2020, 11:14:37 am »

Ah yes, the "What Would You Get If You Combined How You Last Died In the Last Two Games You Played?" thread.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22068 on: January 04, 2020, 04:52:08 pm »

I picked up Dicey Dungeons on sale at itch.io, and got around to installing and playing it today.

I almost lost interest because of how easy the first character was, but I saw the next character was more difficult (each new character is more difficult to play than the last, according to the game's difficulty ratings).

The second character has no consistent way of doing large amounts of damage, but can poison. First playthrough, I got taken out quickly because I wasn't doing enough damage and the enemies whittled me down. I did better the second run, and got a poison weapon (can be used up to 3 times to add 1 poison to the enemy, poison does damage equal to its rating, then goes down by 1). Right after getting the poison weapon, I ran into an enemy who only takes half damage from poison. I won the third time, though.

I've managed to lose the first run with the other 3 characters, unlocking new types of runs for all 5. I just lost the first attempt at the harder run with the easiest character.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #22069 on: January 04, 2020, 10:20:14 pm »

Ah yes, the "What Would You Get If You Combined How You Last Died In the Last Two Games You Played?" thread.

Dwarf Signature intensifies

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22070 on: January 05, 2020, 06:10:10 pm »

Heard somewhere that The Dark Mod, free thief-look-alike with a bit fancier graphics,  haves an interesting lockpicking system. Instead of going on youtube i decided to check it out myself. Forgoing the tutorial, i go in the first proper mission.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
People...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22071 on: January 06, 2020, 12:13:38 am »

A HECU marine refused to accept my flirtations and shot bullet shaped pellets at my soul. (Black Tale, or Undermesa.)
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22072 on: January 06, 2020, 11:14:04 am »

So I started playing starsector, and exploited the Tutorial loop hole where Ancyra was cut off from the rest of the economy with me as it's own source of supply trade. 

I got distracted elsewhere, and by the time I came back to see a new batch of supplies, Ancyra colony pretty much dies, along with my stash of trade-ables in its storage. 

I then completed the Tutorial quest and it asks me to report back to Ancyra.  Needless to say, this ends my Tutorial exploit and current campaign. 

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22073 on: January 06, 2020, 11:18:49 am »

Killed by a giant 3 eyed, lightsaber resistant frog.

Jedi: Fallen Order.

I'm betting quite a few people died for the first time in this game to that thing.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22074 on: January 09, 2020, 11:00:52 am »

I've died so many times in this game.  Most recent death was from a purge trooper, which came after dying 3-4 times to a giant blue monster which was unsurprisingly resistant to lightsabers.  Every new enemy you encounter is almost a guaranteed death while you figure out how to fight it.

I don't recommend playing Jedi: Fallen Order when in a bad mood, as I've done the last couple of days.  It only makes your mood worse.

Maybe I'm having so many problems because I'm playing it on PC.  The game did warn me that I really should use a controller, and it wasn't kidding.  The majority of fights with anything but trash monsters and bottom tier storm troopers are a massive pain because most things have unblockable attacks that you have to dodge, but the dodge key (Z) is really hard to hit correctly with the WASD directional keys.  I'm usually a fraction of a second too late, or just nothing happens.  And then these enemies usually chain attacks so you lose >50% of your health before you know it, get stun locked so you can't heal, and then you die and get to run back through a gauntlet of platforming sections to try again.

I'd sell BD-1's left holoprojector for a blaster, but I'm sure I'd then learn that most of the fauna in this game is also blaster proof (big blue monster that just killed me apparently is, judging by the storm troopers shooting it to no effect).

When did every Star Wars planet become Catachan from 40K?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22075 on: January 09, 2020, 11:23:39 am »

Sounds kind of like its really Star Wars: Ninja Gaiden?

Precise controls being required to succeed?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22076 on: January 09, 2020, 11:53:08 am »

I've never played Ninja Gaiden, but that's certainly possible.

The game is actually a little forgiving with the accuracy of things like jumps and wall runs, and even blocks in melee since you can do them from any direction and facing.  The timing of a lot of things is forgiving too, at least on this difficulty mode (2 out of 4).

But somehow, when you put it all together, the game feels like it kicks you in the crotch and then keeps kicking you while you're down while laughing at you.

Also, the sliding on ice jumps are just the worst.  Those were not forgiving at all.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22077 on: January 09, 2020, 12:22:06 pm »

I've heard the term "Star Souls" or "Dark Wars" thrown around a bit, rather than the direct mercilessness of Gaiden.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22078 on: January 09, 2020, 04:12:04 pm »

I've heard the term "Star Souls" or "Dark Wars" thrown around a bit, rather than the direct mercilessness of Gaiden.
Yeah, the game is pretty much "Sekiro, but with actual platforming" in every single regard. Unless you really like the platforming or Star Wars though it isn't actually as good as Sekiro in a bunch of ways (eg. no gear, the combat doesn't feel quite as fluid or good).
E: Its still a good game and if it had come out first it would have been a masterpiece, but when compared to Sekiro it is kind of lackluster.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:24:08 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22079 on: January 10, 2020, 05:52:41 pm »

Bailed from a failed plane prototype. It went super fast in a straight line, but flipped out, stalled and started tumbling once I tried to turn. I normally would have reloaded, but I decided to stay in character, bail and lose the money.

Bobbing in the ocean, I decide to sit and watch the plane. Instead of crashing into the ocean, it rights itself and flies into the distance before hitting the island just offshore from the KSC.

Kerbal Space Program.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:56:05 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 ... 1571