Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2263310 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22080 on: January 10, 2020, 07:43:02 pm »

Surrounded by: 2 tanks, an anti-air halftrack, 2 snipers, an artillery spotter, several Jaeger, and various other infantry. All of them are very pissed off at me, and have me pinned down on a small piece of cover. I have two panzerfaust rockets, one grenade, and about 15 rifle bullets.

The game decides to autosave a checkpoint right there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22081 on: January 12, 2020, 07:20:33 pm »

Got to "Camilla" Mission in FE Fates Birthright. Suddenly my characters are back to being 2-3 shotted by everything instead of facerolling everything. After concluding that yes, they are, i decided to left that all for later and install dlcs. Somehow, i ended up deleting all my saves, a few missions away from the ending. I'm a bit pissed right now. Revelation, here i come, early.  ::)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #22082 on: January 13, 2020, 11:42:09 am »

They killed my dog! Those fuckers got the jump on us and at some point I must have passed out..next thing I know I wake up in the same place, blood, dried and wet, covers my entire body. I look around and see a lump of blood, bones and fur just a few meters from me. My dog, gods what have they done to you! They killed my dog! They killed her and then they butchered her!

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22083 on: January 14, 2020, 11:26:04 am »

Was playing with excellent Mindustry and reached a point i finally got the "Salt Flats " mission of the campaign to unlock, a specific of that mission unlike all i did so far is that to win this one you don't have to choose to launch every 10 waves , but you must destroy an enemy core.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:28:04 am by Robsoie »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22084 on: January 14, 2020, 11:54:25 am »

Killed by a giant albino spider that is, unsurprisingly, blaster, flamethrower and lightsaber proof.

Hitting the dodge button only works when the game wants it to work.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22085 on: January 14, 2020, 02:57:33 pm »

I ran away from the giant death machine. I ran away so good, in fact, that the game immediately failed the mission and auto-saved, after it already took me about 20 god damn tries to get to that point.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22086 on: January 14, 2020, 05:17:44 pm »

My path was blocked by a guy whom I had to help. His problem was that he was approaching 30 and never had a girlfriend. As someone who is turning 32 next week and is in pretty much the same boat, I died inside.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22087 on: January 15, 2020, 03:38:24 pm »

It wasn't a death since I wiped out the army and took the city, more of an idiotic move. While sieging El-Kalabad I ran upon Sniktch while cleaning up the remaining garrison with Noctilus, a gunnery wight and a vampire lore caster. Stupidly, instead of running the fuck away I decide to send in Noct (who's an anti-large brawler dude for the most part) and the caster who's kinda ok at melee. Sniktch fucking melts them both in under a minute flat, then proceeds to sit in his victory cap while my wight shoots him slowly to death. So yeah, that fucking rat is a special character blender :I

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22088 on: January 15, 2020, 07:45:29 pm »

In my quest to continue doing missions on Kerbin's surface without launching a rocket (wasteful, difficult, boring) or landing a plane at the mission site (involves lots of walking), I came up with a new invention: a drone-piloted car that deploys from a plane's cargo bay. Fly to the mission site as quickly as possible, drop it off, return to the Space Center where it's easy to land the plane, then drive the car to complete the contract objectives.

The first one did okay, but the wheels are very small and can barely hold up the rover's own weight. I beefed it up to the next tier of rover wheels, causing it to clip into the plane's fuselage. It flew okay, but when I seperated the rover the plane went "OH GOD WHY ARE THERE WHEELS INSIDE ME" and popped two of its engines and both wings off. Total loss of the plane and rover, mission failed, and Jeb almost died.

Kerbal Space Program.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:47:12 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22089 on: January 17, 2020, 06:33:19 am »

Found a lab and went down stairs, was immediately shot in the face by the turret that spawned next to the stairs, didn't even get a chance to run away.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22090 on: January 17, 2020, 11:31:36 pm »

While not a fix, I think it's possible to peek up and down stairs by pressing the "X" key (Shift+X, I believe) and then pressing < or >.

That should help lower the rate of instant death.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22091 on: January 18, 2020, 02:32:34 am »

I just looked and it turns out my version is from before that got added, so I guess I've got to cross my fingers and hope I don't get shot to death when going down stairs.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22092 on: January 18, 2020, 06:42:14 am »

Damn near rage quit(and I wouldn't be the only one). Spent too long trying to do the triangulation puzzle, even though I even did it exactly right at least once.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22093 on: January 18, 2020, 09:30:04 am »

Why aren’t you updating your game, anyway?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22094 on: January 18, 2020, 09:58:49 am »

Because I don't like a lot of the things they've done with the game in the past few years, and the fact that they've changed the lore and are getting rid of all the sci-fi stuff and making it more tedious. While some neat stuff has been added it doesn't make up for they stuff they've taken out and changed.
Pages: 1 ... 1471 1472 [1473] 1474 1475 ... 1571