Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266769 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22095 on: January 18, 2020, 11:55:00 am »

Because I don't like a lot of the things they've done with the game in the past few years, and the fact that they've changed the lore and are getting rid of all the sci-fi stuff and making it more tedious. While some neat stuff has been added it doesn't make up for they stuff they've taken out and changed.

I agree. I like lore and sci-fi. The old CDDA thread here semi-imploded as a result of disagreements over this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22096 on: January 19, 2020, 06:30:40 am »

Because I don't like a lot of the things they've done with the game in the past few years, and the fact that they've changed the lore and are getting rid of all the sci-fi stuff and making it more tedious. While some neat stuff has been added it doesn't make up for they stuff they've taken out and changed.

I agree. I like lore and sci-fi. The old CDDA thread here semi-imploded as a result of disagreements over this.
After the old thread died the new one didn't last that long, and I was wanting to see what kind of drama would start but it never happened.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22097 on: January 20, 2020, 02:46:35 pm »

wait, the new cdda thread was locked?

I just brought my popcorn and jerry beads too.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22098 on: January 21, 2020, 04:40:52 am »

Got cocky and decided to take on the tougher of two attackers on my way back from my first-ever trading trip. Pretty sure I only tagged him once, my axe almost seemed to pass right through the bastard.
I guess I shoulda stuck to the blades and bloodshed side of things and not let the world of commerce distract me.
Alas. I had a good life.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22099 on: January 22, 2020, 07:52:36 pm »

Fell off the bridge tower and faceplanted on the deck while trying to take screenshots of the ship to recreate it in a different game.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22100 on: January 22, 2020, 11:51:03 pm »

I finally put my rover on the Mun, with a bunch of solar panels to power it. Huge, fragile solar panels. On an extremely light rover prone to flipping. Needless to say, the solar panels were broken dozens of times over many savescums, and I eventually gave up and ramped it off a cliff for fun.

I did manage to get some science data back to Kerbin, but my dreams of roving around the Mun are shattered for now. Sigh.

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22101 on: January 24, 2020, 06:37:36 am »

Tried to see how long I'd last on Endless(1v1, but it's really not) equipped with two healing potions and a dagger. Highlights include using the spinning weapon trick to kill an enemy with a shield, only for it lodge it her butt somehow, followed by me desperately trying to pull it out of her butt while several big dudes surrounded me wanting their turn. Later I killed an archer by telepathically grabbing their arrow and it snapped up into their face. I was finally killed by magical bullshit because apparently holding a dead body doesn't shield you from lightning and I was too busy fending off several other enemies to immediately use my dagger to block it.

Also learned that trying to drink a potion while running is very hard.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22102 on: January 24, 2020, 07:24:17 pm »

Accidentally dove into the ocean.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22103 on: January 24, 2020, 08:41:47 pm »

Accidentally dove into the ocean.

Took me a second to register what thread we were in and that this wasn't IRL.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22104 on: January 25, 2020, 05:42:06 pm »

I took a contract to build and place a solar probe. I didn't realise this at the time, but the orbital parameters were absolutely bonkers. I couldn't manage it, so I did a few missions to unlock the gigantic Kerbodyne fuel tanks and second-biggest SRBs in the game. Finally, I had "Holy Diver"--the biggest, most expensive rocket ever, with just over 10km/s of delta-V.

On paper.

In practice, it was so heavy that it fell out of the launch clamps and destroyed the landing pad. After removing the clamps and successfully launching, the SRBs ripped themselves off the rocket and blew up the middle stage.

Maybe I need to practice gravity assists instead of trying to get places straight from Kerbin.

Kerbal Space Program.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22105 on: January 25, 2020, 06:27:44 pm »

Was messing around at the end of a session, and discovered that telekinetically-thrown weapons can in fact hit you if you pull them towards you. Actually, I don't know much about vanilla weapons; the only mod I use is the Medieval Mega-Pack, which has plenty of hardware to play with, and I was using the Balanced Knives from it. It takes a bit of practice to intentionally hit yourself though, so I got to practicing. First one got me in the arm, next in the chest, and the third hit me in the leg. The last one, that actually killed me, landed... between the legs, because of course it would.

EDIT: Not a death, but an expensive WHYYY? moment that generally derailed my plans. Was building up a world as a general money producer; its native resource was a Tier-3 called Corinium that gives considerable pressure(what induces planets to build stuff) for money buildings and has the special effect of doubling the consuming planet's pressure capacity(if a planet doesn't export, it is its own consumer). It's currently stuck as a Level 4 planet(highest is 5), and I can't push it any higher since I don't have access to any Tier-2 resources.

I *do* have a pile of various artifacts lying around, including two stellar generators, which makes a star with some protoplanets that can be turned into Tier-0, -1, or -2 planets. A stellar generator costs 2000 energy to use, turning a proto-planet into a Tier-2 planet costs 1300. And that's a lot. So I create the star, then create a Tier-2 planet. And what Tier-2 resource does the planet have? An ancient city. On planet I literally created from stellar dust from a star I literally created out of a lot of electricity. And, coincidentally, is a resource that cannot be exported.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 05:17:02 pm by Akura »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22106 on: January 26, 2020, 05:50:18 pm »

Went with the "Main Character" (There's technically no main character, but there is one survivor you start the game playing as, and he's got a few perks that suggest protagonist-hood) to clear out some infestations.

Wasn't fast enough to safe him from what must have been at least ten zombies surrounding him - he got pulled in half like something out of one of those old zombie flicks.

Also, earlier I was stupid enough to try to take on one of the super zombies with only a melee weapon, and that survivor was also pulled in half.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22107 on: January 27, 2020, 09:19:11 pm »

I got to the "Inner Dark Demise" levels in Disgaea 5.

There are no enemies near you. Some are on columns that you can only ranged attack, and some you can get to by being thrown and then walking for 2 turns, then throwing again. It's so tedious, I can't keep going.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22108 on: January 28, 2020, 03:34:47 am »

Yea disgea's system is fun, and it lets you solve problems in interesting ways.

Spoiler: level design rant (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22109 on: January 28, 2020, 08:55:41 am »

5 isn't really that bad, but the levels feel huge. And there are a few levels with cliffs you can't possibly jump up or throw someone up, but those pretty much replace the "no entry" barriers now.
Pages: 1 ... 1472 1473 [1474] 1475 1476 ... 1571