Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2270129 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22125 on: February 03, 2020, 02:49:25 pm »

I like warping into a fight and getting blown up in the crossfire with my crappy starting ship.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22126 on: February 03, 2020, 03:56:11 pm »

I like warping into a fight and getting blown up in the crossfire with my crappy starting ship.

Although the turning thruster AI for jumps could use some work. "You're 1 degree off target, so I'm just going to turn 270 degrees the wrong way, then all the way back to fix it. Hope you don't have anyone shooting at you right now." Mostly it's a problem when you are doing multiple jumps to get somewhere.

But that makes the joy of getting a non-crappy ship so much better. I chose the clipper, and it's so much faster at everything. I may have to learn how to fight (smaller) pirates now. While carrying 10 passengers and 100 (minus quest delivery items) luxury goods to the next planet.

Edit: Also, I tried to get back into Baba is you. "Ok, I need to make this thing move. So, I'll...uh...well, I can't push it... I think I need to be it, then switch back while it's facing the opposite direction I need to be pushing the words?"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 04:22:03 pm by Iduno »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22127 on: February 03, 2020, 05:11:37 pm »

Went into an endless round armed with a glaive-guisarme on one shoulder, a Dane axe on the other, a dirk(a long dagger) on one hip and a healing potion on the other hip. Around wave 25(the only time I bothered to check how many waves I got through), I lost my glaive-guisarme to a physics bug that wrenched it from my hands and sent it and the body it was stuck in off into the blue yonder. A few waves I used my axe, then switched to the knife. Was getting low, my potion had less than 10% left. Was getting close to the end after at least 30 waves.

Then my headset crashed, possibly because one of the batteries in the controllers was almost dead.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22128 on: February 03, 2020, 07:34:37 pm »

I built a rover for Duna

Thank you. It's lovely.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22129 on: February 04, 2020, 09:40:19 am »

Died about 20 times to the Ninth Sister in Jedi: Fallen Order.

This was particularly frustrating because I almost killed her on my very first try, then proceeded to get worse with every attempt.  I was close to throwing my mouse several times, and wanted to punch whoever programmed the dodge mechanic in this game because it felt like the game literally just flipped a coin when I hit the button to see if I dodged her attacks or not.

Then I accidentally rediscovered, 15 hours into the game, that if I hit the dodge button twice I roll out of the way.  Suddenly the fight is a cake walk.  As would have been numerous fights before this one.  ::)

I want to like this game, but I just don't think I can like something that makes me this angry.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22130 on: February 04, 2020, 10:37:18 am »

I suffocated about four or five times.

Astroneer. I stubbornly refused to touch the landing pad and couldn't figure out why tethers weren't connecting to my hab. I then attempted to drag some power generators I found right on the other side of the hill I landed next to but the hike just really took it out of me, I guess.

I then touched the landing pad and realized I was being dumb.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22131 on: February 04, 2020, 10:42:08 am »

Died about 20 times to the Ninth Sister in Jedi: Fallen Order.

This was particularly frustrating because I almost killed her on my very first try, then proceeded to get worse with every attempt.  I was close to throwing my mouse several times, and wanted to punch whoever programmed the dodge mechanic in this game because it felt like the game literally just flipped a coin when I hit the button to see if I dodged her attacks or not.

Then I accidentally rediscovered, 15 hours into the game, that if I hit the dodge button twice I roll out of the way.  Suddenly the fight is a cake walk.  As would have been numerous fights before this one.  ::)

I want to like this game, but I just don't think I can like something that makes me this angry.

I have heard "game doesn't respond well to input" about this game quite a few times, so I don't think it's just you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22132 on: February 04, 2020, 11:04:43 am »

A lot of it comes from the game's lack of mercy invulnerability, I think.  If someone smacks you, you do not get a chance to get up and recover before they can smack you again.  That leads to a lot of button mashing and screaming and wondering why you can't get out of the way of anything when it's just because two [insert random thing that has lightsaber resistant weapons] are beating on you and there's no chance to get a break.

But, in this case it was just her and me hitting the dodge button and sometimes I'd get out of the way of her unblockable attacks and sometimes I wouldn't.  There was no rhyme or reason to it, so I literally started yelling, "What am I doing wrong!?"  At least until I realized that I'd missed or forgotten the roll mechanic.

On a more humorous note, I got beaten to death by a purge trooper not long before.  Using his gun.  It's funny that he can beat you to death with it much faster than he can shoot you to death, and that like everything else in the game, somehow your lightsaber doesn't chop it to bits when you block it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22133 on: February 04, 2020, 10:35:35 pm »

Tanks are fun and all until the enemy starts getting them, and even MK3 laser weapons can't deal reasonable damage to them.

it's over

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22134 on: February 05, 2020, 01:55:37 am »

Got blasted by a doctor wielding a scavenged shotgun while fistfighting a gorilla in a swarm of cops and zombies.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22135 on: February 05, 2020, 07:55:04 am »

Got blasted by a doctor wielding a scavenged shotgun while fistfighting a gorilla in a swarm of cops and zombies.
whatgame
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22136 on: February 05, 2020, 08:24:54 am »

Sounds kind of like Streets of Rogue but that's just a guess.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22137 on: February 05, 2020, 05:26:55 pm »

Stars!
Taking my time fighting the Berzerkers and Pikardis to take their world and retake the ones they took from me with tons of transport and waves of defenders ships to block new attempts at re-invading my new acquisitions.

Then not noticing on the other side of the galaxy, the more technology backward Nulons that were ignoring all of us were instead busy of building colony ships after colony ships and colonizing 60% of the available planets.

Giving them an automatic win, damn my war with the Berzerkers and the Pikardis was going so greatly i should really have focused on colonizing things faster instead of going at with those enemies.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22138 on: February 05, 2020, 07:48:40 pm »

Endless Sky

I described my (hard-earned, hence the own) clipper build over in the own thread.

I am updating here, because of the part about Pirates having difficulty shooting me. A pirate (even a a class or two larger) barely scratch my shields before I am gone. Two Pirates, (most recently a similar size ship to mine and a smaller ship) can tear me apart easily, because getting hit with a missile means I'm no longer aimed properly to jump out of the system. I can pull in ~2 million credits per real-time hour, but need to avoid pirates (plural, as I have learned).

I am considering dropping the extra bunks and cargo to upgrade the turning engines, add the reverse engines, and upgrade both the power and shields. Not for any particular use, but just to see if I can make deliveries into and back out of a warzone without dying. Or, more reasonably doing a few more missions and buying a pair of Roosts to act as my enforcers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22139 on: February 05, 2020, 11:03:18 pm »

I think turning is more important than thrust.

Then again, I transport people, so I sell everything on the ship that doesn’t involve speed (thrust and turning) or adding more spots for people/better paying people.

I also discovered the reverse thrusters don’t seem to work automatically, so I sold those shortly after buying them.

I died many times after deleting my most recent save, but I did that while exploring, running out of fuel, being about 6 jumps away from anything approaching civilization, and occasionally being harassed/murdered very quickly by an alien race apparently made of violence and explosions.

My current save is going well, even with my self-imposed Ironman rules.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 1571