Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266212 times)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22155 on: February 12, 2020, 04:38:04 am »

Clone Drone in the Danger Zone: dead on level 25 with a spear to the processing unit while I was down.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22156 on: February 14, 2020, 05:14:18 am »

Ran some raids in pokemon SnS with a friend after we were able to transfer some of our old pokes in. We decide to fight the gmax toxicitry. Messing around I see I have a lv100 keldeo so I decide to throw that in, figuring it's lv 100 and a legendary, it should be able to beat it even without ev training.  Variety is the spice of life after all.

The keldeo may be level 100 but I didn't bother to check it's moveset.  It just knows aqua jet, bubblebeam, double kick and leer.  My friend figuring I would carry because I have fully trained lv 100 pokes made just for raid battles brings in a level 50 mawile.

Npcs brought a quilfish, and a solrock.  The Mawile is the most capable thing in the fight.   We get wrecked.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:28:34 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22157 on: February 14, 2020, 08:49:02 am »

It just knows aqua jet, bubblebeam, double kick and leer.  My friend figuring I would carry because

Things like leer and harden (and splash, but that's sort of the point) feel like a waste of a slot. It should just be an ability that runs either at the start of the fight or every few moves. At that point, taking up a slot is fine, but you at least don't have to worry about wasting time using that instead of attacking.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22158 on: February 14, 2020, 09:27:28 am »

Killed by a trio of screaming elemental themed mages with no legs while everything was too chaotic for me to even know where I was.

People who said Kirby Star Allies is much harder in the optional side content were right.  The boss rush is easy up through the levels that are unlocked by default, but I started playing Friends in Another Dimension, and that is way harder than the base game.  The bosses are much faster and seem to do much more damage.  For the Corrupted Hyness and the fight with Flamberge, Francisca and Zan Partizanne in particular, I resorted to just taking 3 Magolor buddies with me since he seems to be the most powerful in general.

The biggest issue is that with 3 buddies, there is so much going on I can't keep track of Kirby.  Especially when there are 3 enemies with giant screen filling spam attacks.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #22159 on: February 14, 2020, 04:12:44 pm »

It just knows aqua jet, bubblebeam, double kick and leer.  My friend figuring I would carry because

Leer and harden

That's an impressive missed innuendo opportunity

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22160 on: February 14, 2020, 05:49:35 pm »

Pfft get on the level of leer, harden, sleep powder, and pound.  :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22161 on: February 14, 2020, 07:41:08 pm »

sleep powder

i was gonna make a bill cosby joke here but i would feel its in bad taste.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22162 on: February 14, 2020, 08:45:59 pm »

sleep powder

Depends on what you put it in.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22163 on: February 14, 2020, 09:40:17 pm »

Sooo, I took a contract to kill the King of the North.  King spawns with 12 buddies, it's day ~50.  My team is admittedly lacking in raw punch, but does okay with a mix of mass crossbow, 2 main tanks, and copious use of spears and 2h hammers.  This is the team that, with some careful positioning, took out 5 unholds at once.  And took on 15 direwolves and a merc company in a 3v3 brawl.

Anywho, high on the thrill of murdering most of what the noble contracts can offer outside of 3star contracts and serious orcs, I took the contract because trading in my world is practically non-existent.  My only reliable trade is amber and copper, each from 1 city.  3k means a lot when you can't just trade for more money.

So King's retinue is several reavers and some thralls.  Cue 3 hammer reavers spawning on their right flank and King himself moving to his right too.

We got wrecked.  Just melted away.  6 died in 2 turns.  Including my tanks.  it was a total route.

Battle Brothers.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22164 on: February 15, 2020, 12:41:10 pm »

Hitman 2, the newest time-based contract (in Columbia):

First, I grabbed as many non-lethal weapons (mainly wrenches and crowbars) as I could, and got my poison out of the cache. I took out several of the guards at the office downtown and destroyed the camera recorder, but no target. Then I went to the mansion, killed 5 guards with 5 bullets, and hid until they quit looking for me. I checked all 3 floors, and got out without anyone seeing through my disguise, but didn't find a target. Then I went to the village, and knocked out a few people who were wandering around (I try to avoid killing civilians), and hid their unconscious bodies in safe locations. I found a shack that had a camera and lights set up in it, but no target. The village is a pain, because there are a lot of wanderers and people are watching everywhere. So, I went into a building where I couldn't be seen, knocked out the person inside, but someone heard me through the wall, and somehow compromised me. I died in a hail of gunfire (while hiding in some bushes) without ever finding the target.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #22165 on: February 16, 2020, 09:06:47 am »

Got my party wiped out just in the second battle of the Warrens dungeon, because I was a dumbass and forgot that the party order goes from left to right, not right to left.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #22166 on: February 16, 2020, 09:06:34 pm »

sleep powder

Depends on what you put it in.

You could put it in Koolaid for example

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22167 on: February 16, 2020, 10:52:47 pm »

(very modded) Call of Chernobyl.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22168 on: February 20, 2020, 11:19:14 am »

Managed to get a mostly-sufficient construction system in place - I still have to import most of the materials, but I don't need to worry about labor costs.

Then I notice that many of my buildings are suffering from total labor shortages, notably the power plant which is bad because everything else requires power. I check the population statistics and discover that more than half my entire population are toddlers(age 0-6), half what's left are schoolchildren, and about half of the working population won't because a lack of kindergartens for the little bastards. Each kindergarten will take at most about 80 toddlers, but only when fully staffed. I only had one. And all these kids came about in the span of about 6 months.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22169 on: February 21, 2020, 09:24:01 am »

I check the population statistics and discover that more than half my entire population are toddlers(age 0-6), half what's left are schoolchildren, and about half of the working population won't because a lack of kindergartens for the little bastards. Each kindergarten will take at most about 80 toddlers, but only when fully staffed. I only had one. And all these kids came about in the span of about 6 months.

That sounds like so many fortresses. Did the children also complain about lack of booze, because they had already drank it all?
Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 1571