Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1485 1486 [1487] 1488 1489 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244752 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22290 on: April 07, 2020, 10:11:29 pm »

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22291 on: April 08, 2020, 12:49:45 pm »

Forgot to reload my blunderbuss, got into a fight with two mooks and panicked.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22292 on: April 08, 2020, 02:04:55 pm »

blunderbuss op as hell

tbh i find anything not a bow, crossbow, blunderbuss, rifle, knife or spear to be weird.

since I so often play with the grandma i got really, really used to just zoning out and knifing
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22293 on: April 08, 2020, 04:36:47 pm »

blunderbuss op as hell

Not if you're too absentminded to press reload after every shot.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22294 on: April 09, 2020, 11:30:40 am »

I finally realized why my party was dropping dead every two seconds: Firedoom staves cause splash damage. Why would you want these things? They're presented as big rewards at the end of some very difficult quests, but they are the quickest way to kill off your entire party. Particularly given that 90% of enemies just rush into melee, making ranged attacks of dubious worth.

Ultima 7 Part 1.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22295 on: April 09, 2020, 12:49:09 pm »

But out of murdering your own party, are those firedoom staves killing the enemies too ?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22296 on: April 09, 2020, 01:27:13 pm »

The game cannot handle 800 star systems at once. It gives you a warning at 400, but I went ahead and doubled that. At about 2-3 hours in, it keeps freezing for a few seconds every few seconds along with the occasional crash.

And it was going so well, too.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22297 on: April 09, 2020, 01:33:10 pm »

But out of murdering your own party, are those firedoom staves killing the enemies too ?

They do, but not any more effectively than regular swords, bows, wands and spells do.

Even if they were more effective than other weapons, resurrecting a dead companion is such an arduous task that it's better to just reload. To resurrect a dead companion, you have to:

0) If the Avatar died, click through the millions of lines of dialogue when you wake up in the poor house in Paws. You have to do this every time, even if you want to reload.

1) Find some way to carry the body, along with all of their items. If you leave items on the ground, they're likely to get lost.

2) Get back to Lord British or another healer. LB is convenient because he's free, and the spell that teleports you back to him is free, but he has to be awake, so if it's at night you have to sleep until he's awake and feed your party in the morning.

3) Get back to where you were. This involves a long boat trip or magic carpet ride if above ground, or using reagents on Mark and Recall if it was in a dungeon. Reagents are expensive and involve making multiple special trips if you're low.

4) If you redistributed the dead party members' stuff to make their body lighter, give them back all their stuff.

It's all very annoying and really not worth it. If multiple party members die, or if Dupre with his godlike 56-stone carrying capacity dies, it's a reload.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 01:35:29 pm by itisnotlogical »
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22298 on: April 10, 2020, 05:57:05 pm »

For Some Reason, my starts almost always end in the same way. Started as Italy, ended up as universally loathed duke count corpse no more than 10 years in.

Crusader Kings 2

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22299 on: April 10, 2020, 06:47:44 pm »

Perhaps the digital people hate you because you represent them with anime portraits.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22300 on: April 10, 2020, 06:51:23 pm »

Or turn italy into an abomination
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22301 on: April 10, 2020, 11:05:12 pm »

There's a natural barrier, don't pretend that's near the worst CK2 border gore you've seen.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22302 on: April 11, 2020, 09:37:32 am »

Turned the corner and got shot by an APC.

Didn't see a guy in the bushes and got blasted.

Drew a bead on an APC, only to realize that I had brought the launcher tube but no ammo.

Then I got lost in the trees, only for my NPC squad mates to finish the mission by themselves without me.

ARMA 2.

Cold War Crisis may be clunky, ugly, weird and hard to get running on modern Windows, but at least it gave you a real-sized squad instead of this four-man Hollywood bullshit. Four guys with no armor to seize and hold an entire village? Sure! One man to stop an entire convoy of tanks? Why not! After CWC, it's like the mission designers have never played the game before.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22303 on: April 11, 2020, 09:56:56 am »

Used excessive amounts of political influence to make myself leader of the Galactic Senate, and from there build the Senatorial Palace around my super-ringworld star. The palace allows you to purchase the two cards needed for victory: Galactic Utopia, and Galactic Superpower. Bought both of those, and again forced through with excessive influence both. The other empires burned out their political strength trying(and very much so failing) to stop Utopia, the only resistance to the vote for Galactic Superpower was one weak Energy Clash*. I won the vote with over 200 votes in support(only need to win by one vote).

Having both Galactic Utopia and Superpower active(if Influence Victory is enabled, which it was) will cause all other empires' planets on on your borders to lose loyalty and flip to your side. If one lone border planet flips, it then starts affecting those behind it, and so on. Watching it unfold was like watching a viral outbreak. Then I got to watch as my economy imploded as all those newly converted worlds were added to my upkeep*. Then the game slowed down to a complete stop.

I won so hard the game crashed, Steam crashed, and my PC damn near crashed.

EDIT: Building a nice, two-story house for Emilia. I'm just about done, putting the last of the furnishings. Then I noticed that the game isn't recognizing the bed and wardrobe I placed in the bedroom on the second floor. I turn on the widget that displays what the actual defined area for the home is(the required furniture has to be within this area, everything else is creative decor), and sure enough it looks like Emilia is not supposed to have a particularly large house. Odd, since other characters' houses did extend high enough(I built a similar house for Rosemary) for a two-story.

I was halfway through tearing down the second floor when I realized a more elegant solution would be simply to lift the postbox(the postbox sets the defined house area) up a block, which would have brought the second floor into its area.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 12:39:40 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22304 on: April 14, 2020, 10:37:37 pm »

I decided to do a run of Synthetik, using my favorite class (and the one I'm the best at), the Raider. The first few rooms were pretty standard for Synthetik; in about the third or fourth one, I find a shop selling the Nemesis Prototype - a legendary sniper rifle, and an overpowered one at that. (fun fact: it was originally meant to be the only weapon in Synthetik, but eventually other weapons were added) The first boss was easy; I just had to hack a terminal while defending myself from progressively stronger enemies, which ended with a tank (which died with a fair amount of shots from my Nemesis), and by the fifth or sixth room, my Nemesis Prototype was fully upgraded, with all 4 attachment slots filled. The second boss was easy; it was a large plane which focused on spamming projectiles. Fortunately, after using my air com + plasma grenade, followed by a few shots from my Nemesis, it went down easily. Room ~9 was the first room in the third floor; the Virtual Reality Chambers; which was hell, for one main reason, and also the reason that I died; THE FUCKING MORTAR TURRETS ON THIS FLOOR ARE PRETTY MUCH UNAVOIDABLE. The Chrono Troopers, Crystal Chargers, 12.7mm turrets (which are sniper turrets on every other floor, but on this floor, they're green chain lightning crystals on top of black pillars), etc were reasonable, but I don't know what the fuck was going through the dev team's mind when they designed the mortar turrets for the VR chambers.

it's over
Pages: 1 ... 1485 1486 [1487] 1488 1489 ... 1570