Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266987 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22305 on: April 14, 2020, 11:04:16 pm »

Personally, I think the mortar turrets on VR have a different timing between when the warning shows up and when the crystal lands. By the time the warning symbol shows up on the ground, the crystal is already on its way, or something like that.

Personally I just make sure to kill them first.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22306 on: April 14, 2020, 11:13:47 pm »

Personally, I think the mortar turrets on VR have a different timing between when the warning shows up and when the crystal lands. By the time the warning symbol shows up on the ground, the crystal is already on its way, or something like that.

Personally I just make sure to kill them first.

The fact that they seem to blend in really well (or are just that hard to differentiate from map props) is really NOT helpful for the few runs where I get past the boss of the Ballistic Silos (second) floor.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:04:51 am by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22307 on: April 15, 2020, 09:43:03 am »

Most of my Survival mode time on Xbox was spent "over the hump" so to speak. With bunch of high-level equipment and a large selection of settlements all over the Commonwealth, it's decently invigorating but you're not likely to lose a ton of progress on death--especially with vertibirds, which can drop you within walking distance of most places.

What I've forgotten is that early game Survival mode is like getting repeatedly punched in the sack. Turn the wrong corner, open the wrong door, miss in VATS, any of those things happen and you're toast in the next few seconds. I had a lot more patience for that sort of thing when it was a new experience, but I think I'll turn the game back to Normal... once the rage has died down a bit.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22308 on: April 15, 2020, 09:52:57 am »

I habitually love early game in most games.  I always feel so despondent when I have so much power.  Once I hit my goal, be it surviving x long or building y, or even just creating a self-sustaining home I lose interest.

Ask me about most games I love, and I could tell you how to kill a man with a spoon, or escape the monsters, or etc, but not how to get the 10 silver suit of badassery.

Morrowind is a prime example, as is fallout vegas.  I know most the content, but dont really have it all mapped out if its not early or mid game.

P:  which is why things like:  'build your own bases' sound so unappealing to me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22309 on: April 15, 2020, 12:14:57 pm »

I got to the last planet in KOTOR, and am max level. I just need to walk through the rest until the boss area. Being max level already and having no better gear to gain on this planet means I don't really have anything driving me on, except to be done with the game., which is a bad goal for a game. It's been a few days now, and it's tough to regain interest.

I habitually love early game in most games.  I always feel so despondent when I have so much power.  Once I hit my goal, be it surviving x long or building y, or even just creating a self-sustaining home I lose interest.

Yeah, the newer Fallout games are kind of bad about that. Once you find and explore a single vault, you're done collecting stuff for most of the game. You will eventually hunt down a slightly better gun or whatever, but you'll never want for money or resources again. And it (potentially) happens so early in the game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22310 on: April 15, 2020, 07:35:00 pm »

I got to the last planet in KOTOR, and am max level. I just need to walk through the rest until the boss area. Being max level already and having no better gear to gain on this planet means I don't really have anything driving me on, except to be done with the game., which is a bad goal for a game. It's been a few days now, and it's tough to regain interest.

Are you playing as Sith or Jedi?

Or really do you just have high enough persuasion to do a frankly horrible thing when you get to the final dungeon? ‘cause it’s funny. Just fucking horrible.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22311 on: April 16, 2020, 10:27:36 pm »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 10:37:12 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22312 on: April 17, 2020, 10:51:18 am »

There seems to be a bug in the temple near the end of the game, so I take 10 damage/round always. As long as I keep healing, it's fine (and my team consists of 3 jedi, all with the healing spell). I got into a conversation with the computer, as you do, and I got a phone call out of game (I called a customer, and left them a message answering their question. They called back because they wanted to know what the message was). I still took damage during the cutscene, and my whole party wiped.

Are you playing as Sith or Jedi?

Or really do you just have high enough persuasion to do a frankly horrible thing when you get to the final dungeon? ‘cause it’s funny. Just fucking horrible.

Jedi, because the sith bonuses for space wizards aren't as good. I should have enough persuasion to pass most tests. I'm pretty sure I've done it before.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22313 on: April 19, 2020, 08:22:29 am »

Doing a Command/Swarm/Sacrifice run with my commando, get the alt Roost as the first level, grab the challenge of the mountain because I'm a greedy idiot and of course it spawns four Vagrants, the next four minutes are spent kiting and murdering the massive swarm of beetles and lemurians coming after my ass and on occasion shooting the vagrants up a bit when I get the chance since the bastards have floated up and away from the gate. I eventually get mobbed by elites and murdered. I killed 141 enemies, out of those two dropped lunar coins which were useless in this case and no other items whatsoever. It was the definition of having a shitty time due to RNG.

Tho, on second thought, getting a drop wouldn't help since I'd have to stop for a second or two to actually pick it up and that would most certainly kill me :V

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Run right after that one, first dozen or so kills net me 2 common drops and a rare :I
Died again, 54 kills 4 commons and 2 rares.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:55:34 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22314 on: April 19, 2020, 12:01:45 pm »

Hitman is a series of puzzles where the goal is to kill one or more targets with nobody noticing, and no other casualties. In the last one I did, I had to take out a wandering guard (easy enough, but someone will find the body), kill a guy whose wife is standing next to him, and kill a guard with a specific outfit that all of the nearby witnesses can see through with a specific weapon that is on the other side of the witnesses. I also am not allowed to drop the weapon once I pick it up, and carrying around a murder weapon is going to draw attention.

I'm pretty sure I was supposed to change outfits before the last kill, take out a camera, draw another guy wearing the needed outfit near me, time the knockout so nobody is looking, hide that body, change outfits, then kill the last guy. I couldn't get the timing down, so I just restarted that mission with a bunch of explosives and took out all of the witnesses, then came back after the guards quit looking for whoever blew everything up. Over a hundred people got a lower final score than me, which sounds good unless I tell you that over 8,000 people did better. While I technically won after a lot of losses, it's the worst win I've accomplished, and was done out of being tired of losing.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22315 on: April 22, 2020, 11:54:24 pm »

Had a pretty good fascist human empire going. We weren't the cream of the crop, but we were good; strong allies, good tech. Then, it turns out, the one fucking wormhole in the galacxy lead from OVERWHELMING enemy space into ours.

Stellaris, the game that defines difficulty by resource bonuses for enemies, not AI ability.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #22316 on: April 23, 2020, 01:34:00 am »

Played as Belgium, Great Britain stopped being allies with me for some reason and then Netherlands allied Prussia and declared on me (NL gets cores on all of Belgium for historical reasons). I couldn't stand up to one of the largest militaries in the world (Prussia)... maybe I should have deliberately stalled becoming a great power so I don't get removed from GB's sphere of influence so they save me from the Dutch.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:37:19 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22317 on: April 23, 2020, 01:35:17 am »

Had a pretty good fascist human empire going. We weren't the cream of the crop, but we were good; strong allies, good tech. Then, it turns out, the one fucking wormhole in the galacxy lead from OVERWHELMING enemy space into ours.

Stellaris, the game that defines difficulty by resource bonuses for enemies, not AI ability.
All 4x games do this, and stellaris isnt that far off from one.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22318 on: April 24, 2020, 04:08:45 am »

Having finally deployed a Planet Cracker and being (probably) the only race with an economy strong enough to constantly churn out Ring Worlds for expansion, I decide that it'd be a Good IdeaTM to start methodically destroying every rock that can be seen from orbit into rocks that can no longer be seen from orbit, or, indeed, do not possess enough of a gravity well to keep things in an orbit.

Fast forward a really long time, because the Planet Cracker feels like it takes forever to charge, and I'm standing at the helm of a fully armed and operational battle station, staring down at the home planet and last refuge of the first alien race I met, and first to ever declare war on me. Fire.

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart as soon as we're finished collecting some error info.

Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22319 on: April 24, 2020, 06:57:08 am »

I think I killed everyone, though the means through which I did it were entirely unintentional.

The game is very forgiving for failed QTEs, and it doesn’t help that my gaming reflexes, as well as my cousin’s, causes us to succeed QTEs when we were trying not to.

Saying nothing at every juncture was somewhat amusing, too.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 1571