Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268028 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22350 on: May 14, 2020, 10:33:34 am »

After defeating last giant and dragonrider, unlocking shaded woods and hunter's copse, without dieng once (epic failed attempt at beating pursuer early does not count :P), with 10000 souls in invintory, while fighting a single darkpolearm fucker, by dodging off a cliff.

FUUUUUUUUCK!

Dark Souls 2 Original Sin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:35:21 am by MCreeper »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22351 on: May 14, 2020, 12:16:35 pm »

Found a nice spot to set up my base. I start putting down a cabin blueprint to build... then my headset crashes. Because of course it does. And of course, once my headset crashes, I have to close SteamVR(and any game running in SteamVR) even if the headset immediately comes back on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: rant about the problem (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22352 on: May 14, 2020, 12:23:45 pm »

Wow, The Forest is creepy enough already.  I'm not nearly brave enough to play it in VR!  Good luck with the technical issue.  Hopefully it gets patched in some way.

I accidentally charged into a bullet instead of throwing (happens occasionally, I wonder if it's a glitch or my fault).  By the time I returned, half a dozen contractors were camping the only airlock.  I decided this was a fine time to experiment with the Brick, an odd vessel that seems to double as a projectile at high speed.  I'll make my own door!

I made a door out of the objective room, failing the challenge

Heat Signature
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #22353 on: May 14, 2020, 01:49:08 pm »

Wow, The Forest is creepy enough already.  I'm not nearly brave enough to play it in VR!  Good luck with the technical issue.  Hopefully it gets patched in some way.

I accidentally charged into a bullet instead of throwing (happens occasionally, I wonder if it's a glitch or my fault).  By the time I returned, half a dozen contractors were camping the only airlock.  I decided this was a fine time to experiment with the Brick, an odd vessel that seems to double as a projectile at high speed.  I'll make my own door!

I made a door out of the objective room, failing the challenge

Heat Signature

I believe there is a bug where attempting to throw or use melee while you have significant velocity or just used something results in nothing happening except you continue to move in that direction.

Also, there are markers pointing out the objective, even when outside a ship, but they're probably hard to see.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22354 on: May 14, 2020, 08:07:48 pm »

Not sure if it was what I did or not, but I did manage to reduce the CPU load to around 50%-75% out of game and only occasional jumps to 100% usage in-game. Played a good bit of both Blade & Sorcery and The Forest without the headset crashing, so that's good. The only settings I remember changing in SteamVR is setting headset resolution-per-eye to Auto and changing the overlay quality to low. Maybe that's all it took.

Last "death" was having to restart because while I found a very safe spot to build a base, it was also impossible to leave without a long swim in the ocean.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22355 on: May 17, 2020, 10:01:50 am »

In Gearhead 2, I'm trying to play a sciencey character, making robots and whatnot. That doesn't leave a lot of points for being good at combat (partly because you need skills for offense and defense in a mech and in person).

I was looking for the store to buy my starting equipment, found a mop on the ground, so I equipped it, and kept looking around. I found a room with an angry lady in it, and she missed punching me, so instead of trying to run, I tried to hit her with the mop (I don't have melee or unarmed skill, so buying a gun would be great, but I have dodge skill and can practice for now). I was doing fine until she shot me.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22356 on: May 19, 2020, 09:50:53 am »

Killed by a giant shadow snake that kept spitting poison at me.  This is after I killed it twice.

Them's Fightin' Herds.

They finally released part of story mode, so I took a crack at it last night.  I suck as Arizona, so the predators actually kicked my butt a fair bit early on, but I didn't die until I got to the snake boss.  I beat it up twice, but on the third time it just spammed its stupid poison spitting attack so much I couldn't even approach it.  Not quite sure how you're supposed to fight it.

I also technically died a few times in the jumping tutorials.  Maybe it's just my controller, but the super jumps were almost impossible to pull off, and the low jumps were even more difficult for some reason.  I remember having issues with the controls before when playing against the computer and trying to learn combos.  Some are nigh impossible for me.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22357 on: May 19, 2020, 11:22:31 am »

There was a Reclamation Bin about halfway through the level, when every one on every previous level was located right before the end. Thinking I was at the end, I tossed all my stuff inside(every transition at the end of a level also has a barrier that deletes everything you're carrying, so no point holding on to it). Then I entered a narrow hall with at least half a dozen enemies with guns.

Dick move, game.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22358 on: May 19, 2020, 02:56:45 pm »

Killed by a giant shadow snake that kept spitting poison at me.  This is after I killed it twice.

Them's Fightin' Herds.

I heard somebody describe the predators as spamming in boss form they have one trick and that's it.  One is command grabs, one is super armor, stuff like that.  I think the snake is range spam.  I think I had good luck against that by baiting out the long neck bite and then jumping in when it was locked into that animation.  Once yer in on it just stay in rushdown mode and stay on it's ass since I don't think it has much to deal with melee.  I played Tina instead of Arizona though and I see Arizona as the slow bruiser type instead of the speedy aerial type so it may not work as well.  Hopefully my information isn't too outdated and helps.  I'm usually walled by that command grab spamming panther myself.

My death:
Spent 2 hours last night playing terraria with a friend and building only to find out that we were not actually on the most recent version like we thought we were.   Oops.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22359 on: May 19, 2020, 06:37:56 pm »

I heard somebody describe the predators as spamming in boss form they have one trick and that's it.  One is command grabs, one is super armor, stuff like that.  I think the snake is range spam.  I think I had good luck against that by baiting out the long neck bite and then jumping in when it was locked into that animation.  Once yer in on it just stay in rushdown mode and stay on it's ass since I don't think it has much to deal with melee.  I played Tina instead of Arizona though and I see Arizona as the slow bruiser type instead of the speedy aerial type so it may not work as well.  Hopefully my information isn't too outdated and helps.  I'm usually walled by that command grab spamming panther myself.

This does seem to be how they work.  Fluffers appear to spam aerial attacks so halfway decently timed anti-air attacks works great against them.  Cuddles, the snake, is much harder as Arizona since... I'm pretty sure she doesn't get ranged attacks.  It would be vastly easier as Oleander, but oh well.  I didn't try the rope grab on the boss since I just assumed it wouldn't work, but I'll try it next time.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22360 on: May 21, 2020, 12:17:35 am »

Good mechanic:  An agile bullet sponge vulnerable to certain weapons
Okay mechanic: Hordes of enemies with no weaknesses but reasonably bad at shooting
Bad mechanic: Giving those enemies rocket launchers with dead-on precision and no self preservation
Just why: Putting those in 2-3 at a time, on 3 occasions, in the same dang level.

Thanks, Two Betrayals, I'm really enjoying all these vehicle sections when you keep killing me out of nowhere.  Doesn't help that the fancy new graphics make it waaaay harder to spot the RPGs.

Halo Remastered "Constantly fighting the urge to switch back to old graphics so I can actually see shit" Edition

Edit: Also great?  Finishing a level, seeing the post-level summary, and wanting to quit... there's no option for that.  Even hitting ESCAPE loads the next level, unskippably.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22361 on: May 23, 2020, 09:44:19 am »

Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #22362 on: May 23, 2020, 04:22:56 pm »

In NetHack, it's still insidious... but fast. Friggin chickatrices...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22363 on: May 24, 2020, 01:04:25 pm »

Decided to try out one of the recently-added bosses. Just barely lost. If I had gotten one more shot off, I would have won. Main reason I lost was because I lost track of my cursor a couple of times during the fight, which is a serious problem if you're using a gun(Onyx Blaster is an absolute beast, by the way).

After the fight, I found the option to change the cursor color. I changed it from dull red to gold-ish with a bright teal border. It's godawful ugly, but at least I can see it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22364 on: May 24, 2020, 04:02:26 pm »

A lovely little pink fairy found me underground and led me to a wonderful golden treasure chest. When I opened the chest, it exploded.

Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 1571