Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244678 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22365 on: May 26, 2020, 11:47:53 am »

HOI 4 Pony mod.

First time playing HOI 4, as Equestria. First thing i did was fortifying Canterlot to max level. After a while event fires, where Luna is concerned about batponies being unjustly shunned, while other ponies live in unity and friendmagic, and wants to do something about this.

Do something with Celestia
Do something alone *click*
Nope!

*Luna rolls 2 on speech and pretty much fails to do anything except embarassing herself*
Luna: Fuck this, i'm doing this in old way.

Half a year later.
Freakcultists: La! La! Nightmare Moon praise be!
Equestria splits in two, then in seven more. My troops slowly but surely push to Canterlot, where they get stuck on level 9 fort. There is one division in it (150+ defence) against nine mine (0-1 offence), battle is stuck on "90% win, we are losing, will probably last 50 more days". This goes on for four months. They decipher our cipher (oh god, now they can hear our swearing, or something!) and battle drops to 70% win. And then 20 divisions spawn in Сanterlot "out of thin air". Meanwhile, changelings got curbstomped by deers in a month after declaring war on them.  ::) She-Hitler, my arse.
At least i got a funny picture out of the thing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Rant.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:54:18 pm by MCreeper »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22366 on: May 26, 2020, 01:20:39 pm »

hoi4 is interesting enough, but I feel like it gets samey.  A lot of clicking, a lot off waiting, and the payoffs never quite seem worth it.

If busywork makes a game good, I think hoi is a good game.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22367 on: May 26, 2020, 01:24:54 pm »

Troop losses can be seen for individual battles by looking at the history of your fronts in the upper right. You can also see how many casualties that front has taken (by default in the last 12 months) and total losses by looking at the war screen.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22368 on: May 26, 2020, 02:10:09 pm »

Welp.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22369 on: May 27, 2020, 03:38:37 pm »

Tried to engage Plantera on a whim with no prep time or arena design. Did better than I expected, probably would have done better if I hadn't gotten stuck in a dead-end piece of terrain.

Tried to rob a Securicar, but one of the guards shot me as I tried to drive off - "tried" since my car's engine stalled out for the three seconds it took him to aim. And this is why you always double-tap the armored car's guards. Also, don't drive like a tweaked-out psychopath, even if you are.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22370 on: May 29, 2020, 09:05:15 am »

I got tasked with hunting for a specific bandit.
Unfortunately his location was unknown, so i started to ask around , one guy told me he thought he saw him move through Dead City and another one think he was in the Red Forest and i should ask someone there.

Travelled out of Rostok, went through an uneventfull Army Warehouse and reached the Dead City (as it's early game there's not much npc spawned yet so no problem to travel in most places for now).
In Dead City in the pda channel i caught a battle between a Bandit and Mercenary group near the school, hoping my target would be there i sneaked from behind and noticed the battle had already ended when i arrived, only a bandit was left standing and was looking around.
The guy didn't even saw me coming as i filled him with my handgun bullets. But none was my bounty hunt target.

There was some good enough loot to equip me with better weapon (though most were in damaged state) and more ammo.
I sneaked around Dead City and spotted no other bandit, and tried to avoid going too close to the Mercenary base. I went to Limansk from there.

Moved through a fight between Loners and Mercenaries that left none standing, but got me some nice loot, a not that badly damaged FN2000 that i could repair a bit thanks to a recently looted gun repair kit and even more ammo, great.
Coming from Limansk and moving to Red Forest, i got then into a battle at the small metal bridge in which a Monolith lonely guy was fighting against several Mercernary troopers.

My very recently looted FN2000 proved unvaluable at that point as i took down the survivors of that battle without dying despite my starting armor ( i was playing a Duty guy and it was very early game ) being paper thin.
Of course the medic kits and bandages i looted on my way since Rostok helped a lot :D and the hard cover from that truck in the tunnel leading to Red Forest was a good spot to avoid all the shots that were coming my way.

Anyways, crossing the metal bridge i entered the forest itself and heard sounds hinting of a firefight nearby, from the pda channels apparently there were Ecologist involved, they were neutral to my faction (unlike the Monolith and Mercenary ones that were hostile) so i decided to run in the general direction of the battle to help.
On my way i was cautious as there were several anomalies floating around in unfamiliar location (as they were of the random type, that change position after each emission in the zone) .

I heard some mutant dogs barking, very bad news as there's a lot of vegetations and trees there making spotting those mutants very hard , so i started to backpedal with my FN2000 ready to shoot anything that would move.
It didn't took much time when i saw a big pack of angry mutant dogs rushing at me.
I opened fire and killed 2 of them (they were more resilient than i thought) but there were more coming, i had too small armor and the bushes weren't making their position clear, so i just turned back and decided to sprint (fortunately i was keeping my inventory light so i was confident i would have enough stamina to reach an opening or a rock formation i could climb).

... Oh, what's that sound, my view is turning red, there's something in the air, i'm attracted to it .. jump .. sprint ... can't escape ..

*boom* , my character exploded in a gory rain of red.
Yeah, i sprinted right into a random anomaly.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22371 on: May 29, 2020, 09:53:53 am »

In an attempt to save a few seconds walking around my vehicle, I jumped off the front rather than the side. My vehicle was a twin-engine propeller plane. I faceplanted the propeller blades.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22372 on: May 30, 2020, 02:38:19 am »

Failed to rescue a Nidorino from Uproar Forest because... it fainted from the sandstorm.
Why was there a sandstorm in the forest? I have no idea. One of my team members, a Zigzagoon, fainted from it too.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22373 on: June 02, 2020, 07:24:12 pm »

Haven't died yet, but... Hoo boy.

Did a silly and started with 20 colonists. Added some extra food as well, but not enough. Those packaged meals didn't even last three days. Oh, and while the game does inform you if you have low food, it does not seem to tell you if you have no food. At least until starvation hits.

I've hunted a few animals, but people aren't waiting for it to be cooked before going to town on the meat. Yet, ironically, the only instance of food poisoning came from a berry bush.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22374 on: June 02, 2020, 07:28:26 pm »

thats easy.  chop up the more useless ones or conversely send some out to a offgrounds site to hunt.  however, priority 1 for me is shelter.  2 is planting something in the ground.  3 is a kitchen.

I dont recall if Rimworld simulates weight and starving, tbh.  does it?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 07:30:24 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22375 on: June 02, 2020, 08:08:16 pm »

It simulates starvation via increasing levels of malnutrition preceding death, but not weight, no.
Black lives matter.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22376 on: June 08, 2020, 10:54:58 am »

One king dies from random illness.

His 4-year daughter inherits, gets pillowed within two months.

Her uncle inherits, dies from illness the next day.

Game Over.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22377 on: June 09, 2020, 12:00:53 pm »

Damn you Cepheus and your hundred of summoned high end minions, i save scummed will be back

game : Ziggurat , 5th floor.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22378 on: June 11, 2020, 04:21:01 pm »

Flash Gordon was a pinball (from 1981) that was extremely brutal and unforgiving (balls were going in the drain lanes a very lot more than in the majority of pinballs available at any time) .

I can confirm the version available for the Visual Pinball program (get the sound modded version of the table for vpx, it's worth it for the atmosphere created by the added sound effects from Queen made for the old movie) are then emulating it very well.
Lost so many tries so quickly :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 04:25:57 pm by Robsoie »

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22379 on: June 11, 2020, 04:34:06 pm »

The important question: does it have any Brian Blessed voice samples?
Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 1570