Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245220 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22380 on: June 11, 2020, 04:43:31 pm »

I have no idea, as i never watched Flash Gordon in english (only watched dubbed in my own language) i don't know whose actor voices are actually used in the game out of the very recognizable Ming and Flash actor ones (as they're the most used in the game).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22381 on: June 11, 2020, 04:56:23 pm »

GORDON’S ALIVE!?

and,

DIVE!

are also very famous.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22382 on: June 12, 2020, 09:24:35 am »

After an entire Soviet rifle company, even with several KV-1s as support, were completely wiped out by a line of Polish AT Riflemen, I messed up the keypresses and accidentally got into the controls of a IL-2. Subsequently, when I tried to leave controls of the craft, I instead jumped out of the plane as the pilot(the key is labeled "Exit". Not "Exit vehicle" or "Exit Control") and parachuted... right in front of a Polish 9TP light tank that was coming right for me.

...After destroying the 9TP with a thrown sticky bomb, there wasn't anything to do but charge directly at the AT Riflemen. Managed to kill one before the rest finished me. Somehow, the IL-2 I jumped out of kept flying and apparently might have destroyed the Polish artillery gun that had taken out several of the Soviet tanks. The battle ended when it ran out of fuel and crashed onto a rock.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22383 on: June 12, 2020, 10:13:10 am »

GORDON’S ALIVE!?

and,

DIVE!

are also very famous.
Lost enough :D of those Flash Gordon balls to believe those specific voices samples aren't there, there's a bunch of them from various character but it does not seems there's any from Brian Blessed, unless i didn't managed to trigger those.

There's a specific location to the right of that pinball table, a thin lane with 3 targets and a final button behind them i never managed to complete (managed to bring down the 3 targets but never reached the final button before losing a ball), it's super hard to get a ball in that thin lane, and it's so easy to end into one of those damned drain (and so reset all the targets) :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:16:00 am by Robsoie »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22384 on: June 12, 2020, 10:30:26 am »

I brought supplies to a nearby Livonian village as tasked by said village, hoping to gain their support for the cause. Myself and my ally heard a noise overhead, and looked up to see very low-flying military plane.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22385 on: June 14, 2020, 06:42:24 pm »

I forgot to add medicine to my loadout to stabilise people with. As a result, my melee guy got shot to pieces and bled out before I could heal him. Then another guy got shot and I forgot to make sure he was being tended to which resulted in them bleeding out too.

Two out of five dead from one raid.

Rimworld
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22386 on: June 16, 2020, 09:05:44 am »

Received a request to deliver several items from a mod I had just installed a few minutes prior to deal with an entirely unrelated situation. The reward I chose was 2 healer mech serums, and there were two pawns that could really use those: one was a guy I sent out to beat up small animals with a wooden sword to train melee; a squirrel bit him in the eye almost immediately. You see, while a steel(or better plasteel) longsword is a great weapon, but a wooden one is a crappy one(worse DPS than wooden club)... which makes it great for training melee while still worth money. At the very least, it's good practice for the crafting guy before I put him on assault rifles or charge rifles later.

The other was an enemy whose corpse I brought back from an outpost attack mission(for reasons) and resurrected via resurrection mech serum but unfortunately developed resurrection psychosis(requires either luciferum or healer mech to cure, eventually fatal otherwise). While I could stick her into a cyptosleep casket until I find a solution, the only ones I have are inhabited by a squad of angry ancient soldiers, where the attempt to neutralize non-lethally (via heatstroke) didn't go so well so I installed a mod adding sleep(and other) gas weapons - and said mod is where the requested items came from.

The recipe for those items requires psychoid leaves. I look over at my freezer, and what was a stock of over 1000 leaves a few days ago was now almost completely depleted. My guys cooking cocaine yayo were apparently very busy these last few days when previously they... weren't. At least not making drugs. I go to the field that was rotating between psychoid, hops, and strawberries, as one harvest of one lasts around a full rotation. The strawberries were about 80%, so I switch to psychoid. After a few of the crops are switched out, a cold snap comes. Followed by an eclipse.

Tl;dr, invented bokken, wanted a healer mech serum, Cassandra said okay but no.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22387 on: June 17, 2020, 08:29:13 am »

As much as I hate to savescum, I did it here.

Somehow one of my colonists threw a grenade sideways about two tiles. Its target was in front of it, at the edge of its range (Which is something like 15 tiles). I'm refusing to deal with that bullshit, especially since it outright killed a colonist and wounded three others to such a degree that they'd bleed out before making it to a bed.

Rimworld
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22388 on: June 18, 2020, 07:01:52 am »

Have you never tried to throw something and had it slip out your hand? Seems like a reasonable occurrence t’me.

That’s part of the reason I don’t use grenades.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22389 on: June 18, 2020, 08:58:57 pm »

Or at least, stick to non-lethal ones.  EMP grenades are decent fun against mechanoids, and having one blow up in your organic pawns' faces isn't typically the end of the world.

At least, unless you were counting on it to stop that horde of Combat Extended-empowered centipedes, but if a single EMP was life-or-death at that point, you were probably pooched in either event.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22390 on: June 18, 2020, 10:48:43 pm »

Eaten by dogs.  Multiple times.  Too many times.

Red Alert in the Command and Conquer Remastered Edition.

Tanya's missions are really irritating because of the dog spam.  She won't shoot them proactively and they instantly kill her.  Not to mention the unit behavior in this game is interesting sometimes.  If you order a unit to shoot something out of range, they'll sometimes get very close before shooting it, which in this case means getting eaten by a dog.  Not entirely sure why it doesn't always happen.

Spy missions are annoying for this reason too, but at least you don't have to get mad at a spy running up to the dog to try to shoot it, since they don't have attacks.  Instead you just get mad that the dog can leap 10 yards to eat your spy.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22391 on: June 19, 2020, 03:14:14 am »

Or at least, stick to non-lethal ones.  EMP grenades are decent fun against mechanoids, and having one blow up in your organic pawns' faces isn't typically the end of the world.

At least, unless you were counting on it to stop that horde of Combat Extended-empowered centipedes, but if a single EMP was life-or-death at that point, you were probably pooched in either event.
Not sure if it does, but I think EMP should also disable (at least for some time) personal shields, bionic limbs and power armor.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22392 on: June 19, 2020, 06:26:37 pm »

Not sure if it does, but I think EMP should also disable (at least for some time) personal shields, bionic limbs and power armor.
I know it'll affect personal shields, but people using ranged weapons shouldn't be using shields in either case since those block fire in both directions.  I was unaware of the other two, though.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22393 on: June 20, 2020, 04:56:02 am »

I said should. I did not know if it did.

According to rimworldwiki.com/wiki/EMP_grenades , EMP grenades stun mechanoids, turrets and mortars and deplete shield belts. They do not affect bionics and power armor. I just personaly think they should affect those too.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22394 on: June 20, 2020, 01:04:02 pm »

Ah. I wasn't sure if that was "should" as in "I believe it is the case but my memory is uncertain," as in "it's intended to do so but may or may not do so in the latest version," or as in "I feel it would improve verisimilitude if it were so."

Anywho, moving back to topic since I'm the one who derailed...

Finally hopped back into X3 with the Mayhem mod for the first time, having spotted that beta 9 for Mayhem 3 released earlier this month.  Generated a galaxy with absolutely no pre-start faction expansion, and managed to get myself blown up in the starting M4 while unknown space when I ran into a Xenon patrol.

Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 1570