Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268326 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22470 on: August 31, 2020, 06:49:23 pm »

Oh boy, Oblivion mods. I remember having over 100GB of mods... when my PC's hard drive only had 360GB total space.

Might've been the reason I never went overboard with Skyrim mods. That and for Special Edition requiring that I hand over my personal details to Bethesda for them to sell in order to use mods. Wait, does Vortex from Nexusmods avoid that mess?
Using ModOrganizer avoids all the messes except the one you make yourself.  :P Can't really say anything about Vortex, i just installed it, looked at loads of seemingly pointless wizzlebizzles for a moment and uninstalled.
And tbh no mods can come close to recapturing the feel of the game on release.
How broken it was?  ;D
For me, It was exploring the world by The Fingers of The Mountain, and this came on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crkx0nYaaNk&list=PLE7855814AAB038FA&index=26

The world is burning, or in a state of struggle, and youre walking around a very bloom-ed up shiny world that is surreal.  I used a lot of the early aesthetic mods too, like extra grass and morrowind trees.

I think that oblivion is a great game, lore-wise, and the combat was . . . passable for its time and technology.  Others didn't like how it tried to mimic some of the themes of DnD and daggerfall, but I found them to fit into the surreal charm well.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22471 on: August 31, 2020, 09:07:50 pm »

Jumped a bit too far down the second-last staircase before the bridge Sinh ambushes you on and rolled off the edge when I hit the platform at the bottom.

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (in the Crown of the Sunken King DLC)
Black lives matter.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22472 on: September 02, 2020, 08:41:23 am »

Not death exactly, but a failiure anyway.

I tried to make a wither based cobble generator. For safety and material reasons, I decided to test it in a creative testing world.

The cobble maker was ticking, the chickens were spawning. The floor of the wither containment chamber was protected by water and did not get destroyed. The walls and ceiling, however did.
The wither broke loose and started bombing the chickens in the egg farm that fueled its target spawning.
Attempt failed.

I could protect the walls with water too, but I do not know how I could protect the ceiling. Thus, a fully automated cobble generator will not be made today.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22473 on: September 02, 2020, 12:05:31 pm »

Needed some squid, decided to make a relatively pretty swimming pool for them to spawn in!  Dug out an area, lined it with marble, and started flooring it with redstone lamps - except I noticed these neat "Lapis Lamps" from the Random Things mod.  Look basically the same but blue- perfect!  I put enough along the bottom to clear all the spawn-warning X's, then climb out to make some more.

so yeah these light sources don't block spawns.  Which is *super useful* and going in my mob farm, but was somewhat counterproductive to my pool construction efforts.

(Was easier to recover than my 12x12 foray into Cursed Earth, which ignores proximity and light limitations for spawn... and makes all the spawns move like caffeinated hedgehogs.  You can set it on fire to effectively disable it, but the first time I tried that the fire mysteriously failed to spread.  Still, made things interesting for a bit, as I condemned that wing of my base for a little while.)

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22474 on: September 04, 2020, 07:01:40 am »

Last time I played I had a really hard time getting a boomalope for chemfuel, so this time I used the Prepare Carefully mod to spend points to start with a boomalope.  I named her Betty.

I get a crashing shuttle quest, I decide to let them crash land in my territory (seems odd I'd think they wouldn't have a whole season worth of time to ask people if they can land but whatever.) since they are offering me some royal favor and I'll just have to fight off some tribals with heavy soldier support from the empire and protect the civilian passengers.  Won't be a challenge.  Easy favor.

They crashlanded within my walls, woot!
On top of Betty, Oof.
Who was near my mortars and a few shells, boom.

Fortunately the civilians were still in their escape pods when the blast hit, only suffering minor burns from some random fires, either from the pancaked boomalope or the incendiary shells.  But 2 of the bodyguards were killed instantly, as was an innocent alpaca and a massive hole was punched in my base's perimeter wall, all the mortars were wasted, and the shuttle itself was vaporized.

I did still manage to fight off the tribals though, and all the civilians were extracted in one piece.  But now I'm down to 1/3rd my stock of mortar shells, and no boomalope for chemfuel to make more.

Rimworld
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22475 on: September 06, 2020, 07:31:10 am »

Not quite a death, since I actually won. Just not in the way I wanted to.

I was going for an Annihilaser kill; that is, blow up their planet with a planet-sized laser. Unfortunately, I was about 3/5th's of the way building the catalysts to fire when the enemy commander Leeroy Jenkins'd the half-dozen factories I had set to continuously produce tanks and left alone to do its thing for about 20 minutes. This was a few hundred tanks.

Hilariously, this action was entirely within the description of my opponent, Seeker Rul-Mot, a berserker known for losing 90% of his mass charging the enemy.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22476 on: September 06, 2020, 05:32:45 pm »

Weidergangers head shot not one, not two, but three of my bros who were wearing chainmail armor and cloth hoods.  Instakilled them, and they rose two turns later.

Nothing quite like seeing the 'totally random, fair, and impartial' RNG absolutely blow through my squad in what was otherwise going to be a standard fare fight.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22477 on: September 06, 2020, 06:13:14 pm »

Always a strange complaint to see, for me. As if a fair RNG would never swing out of your favor.
In games like that, if you roll well you get to keep playing but if you roll badly the game is over. You notice your bad luck more because you need to be lucky all the time while the enemy just has to get lucky once.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22478 on: September 07, 2020, 09:36:10 am »

Battle Brothers is a fun and balanced game where strategy is the most important factor for success.
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22479 on: September 07, 2020, 09:50:15 am »

Battle Brothers is a fun and balanced game where strategy is the most important factor for success.
Its the first few missions as a deserter start.  You get next to no money or supplies, but 3 suits of chain-tier armors, but often no or trash hoods and a 50/50 for getting a good shield or no shield.  The reason strategy is so important is because its all chance based, so minimizing your chance of failure is the optimal strategy.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22480 on: September 07, 2020, 09:51:48 am »

Too much randomness can be frustrating if you care about more than win-rate.  It downplays your participation in the game.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 09:53:33 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22481 on: September 07, 2020, 09:57:16 am »

Always having a chance to fail regardless of strategy used just because the game tells you that sometimes you just don't get to win can be frustrating.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22482 on: September 07, 2020, 02:29:16 pm »

Accepting that you can't simply only win on every level, and thinking about how to minimize risk rather than eliminate it is part of those games. Some people won't like doing that but it hardly makes that model bad for those who do like it. And there are similar games with much less explicit RNG, like Into the Breach or most RTS games.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22483 on: September 08, 2020, 03:53:50 am »

Got killed from almost full health by a frost dragon. At level 32.

Turns out you can pause the game and heal yourself during hostile kill animations. But they still kill you instantly.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22484 on: September 09, 2020, 11:01:05 am »

Your usual "not deaths" in Sims 4. First one was giving up on absolutely revolting disgracefully arranged house after getting 5 hours played achievment without going trough a single day. Second is supposed cook  ;) setting an oven on fire on first dish.
She was promptly extinguished and went to wash off soot, leaving Akiha  :P to cook stuff. Oven was set on fire again, so everyone was forced to eat bland cheatfood fom the fridge. Fast forward to morning, everyone is starving and "cook" tries to make food again. Oven went to flames the moment lid was closed. And i'm like
Apparently, in Sims 4 path to making people die from sheer tastyness should always begin with something certainly non-explosive. Like vegetable salad.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 1497 1498 [1499] 1500 1501 ... 1571