Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268967 times)

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22515 on: October 08, 2020, 05:19:22 pm »

Accidentally ate someone's corpse (long story, I was tired and clicked wrong) and became a Ghoul (imagine a half-zombified human that need to eat other humans to survive). Starved to death right before ~1600 zombies flooded the town and ate all ten of us that had survived up until this point, because I wanted to get the relatively rare 'famished ghoul' death screen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22516 on: October 08, 2020, 07:11:22 pm »

I can't tell if the freighter I'm supposed to rescue in No Man's Sky spawned on the opposite side of the planet, making it just take a very long time to get to, or if it spawned inside the planet. It's looking like inside the planet.

Edit: It looks like it's a bug based on me somehow warping to a planet I'd never been to through the teleporter. I ended up in a cave without my ship, and had to wander around until I found a site with one of the ship-summoning beacons. Very, very good game.

Accidentally ate someone's corpse (long story, I was tired and clicked wrong) and became a Ghoul (imagine a half-zombified human that need to eat other humans to survive). Starved to death right before ~1600 zombies flooded the town and ate all ten of us that had survived up until this point, because I wanted to get the relatively rare 'famished ghoul' death screen.

Whom amongst us hasn't accidentally eaten someone's corpse?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:27:45 pm by Iduno »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22517 on: October 08, 2020, 11:37:28 pm »

How is D2N doing these days? My old account still has a bunch of weird random stuff on it, like that permanent +1 decoration item when access to the servers went down for a few days due to... an earthquake? Fire? or something like that that killed everybody upon reconnection because it took a few days.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22518 on: October 09, 2020, 10:54:11 am »

How is D2N doing these days? My old account still has a bunch of weird random stuff on it, like that permanent +1 decoration item when access to the servers went down for a few days due to... an earthquake? Fire? or something like that that killed everybody upon reconnection because it took a few days.

Pretty new player to Die2nite (10 games, around 3-4 in newbie towns), so take what I say with a grain of salt:

For the most part, it's alright. There's no (or very few) major events or such, the main forums are pretty quiet, and towns tend to be pretty active and long-lasting (minus the inactive randos and trolls) - though that last one may be down to Hero days now being free. There's also a community attempt to develop a successor game (MyHordes) to D2N for when Flash finally bites it, and IIRC, the devs gave their blessings to it.

Still, good to have met an old-time player from D2N.

(Also, if I remember correctly, the Armageddon was caused by a glitch during an update. A few people survived, but the Horde's attack went on for 23 hours between 30th March and April 1st.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:39:22 pm by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22519 on: October 09, 2020, 12:17:49 pm »

Quote from: Zorbus manual
The first dungeon level is meant to be easy

I don't think i lost as many characters in the 1st dungeon level of any roguelike like i did in Zorbus
:D

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22520 on: October 09, 2020, 02:32:11 pm »

Scarred Garuga in MHW went absolutely apeshit and flattened me with his face.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22521 on: October 09, 2020, 04:25:01 pm »

Fucking Garugas, man. They're even worse in Generations Ultimate.
Black lives matter.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22522 on: October 14, 2020, 02:28:42 am »

I have established the game genuinely hates my guts.

I can't establish towns anywhere except on the very edges of civilisation. If I don't do that, I'll get raided to hell and back by factions that don't even have a presence in the area, random groups will "coincidentally" walk near my town and somehow spot my guys from miles away, through terrain and walls, and attack before deciding they own the town and hang around killing my guys every time they stand up. I can only resist the shit the game throws at me with a LOT of harpoon turrets, and even then it's not enough sometimes.

Kenshi
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22523 on: October 21, 2020, 07:08:51 pm »

Called back my minions during a battle to reorganize a charge. Unfortunately, there was a troll in the way, performing its belly-flop attack. Minions passed under right as it landed, direct center of the group. Went from 25 to 8 minions in an instant. I think only three survived that fight, all brown.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22524 on: October 22, 2020, 01:09:58 pm »

ah Overlord, one of my favs. I remember I loved the brown minions so much I under utilized all the other ones--after all I wanted all that sweet sweet loot, armor, and weapons. Ah man, nothing beat having my golden honor guard
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22525 on: October 22, 2020, 01:11:34 pm »

But the blue ones rez!  Go team cleric!
I was impressed by the first game, but the sequel was an excellent iteration on the concept.  No need to play the original.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22526 on: October 22, 2020, 02:43:05 pm »

I was impressed by the first game, but the sequel was an excellent iteration on the concept.  No need to play the original.

The second was excellent, except for the boss fights. And everything to do with the boat. And the damn puzzle where you need to move the spider-riding greens through a maze on the wall while the floor quickly rises. Really, all of the "look how clever we are designing this puzzle, see if you're smart enough to guess what we were thinking" BS is annoying. I played real recently, and could only make it halfway-ish before I had to quit forever to go play something less stressful.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22527 on: October 22, 2020, 05:06:37 pm »

...My blue bois were under the troll. All of them.

Also minor oof, but the entire collection for Overlord just went on sale, riiiiight after I bought it at full price. Luckily, I only did buy the first one, and not the expansions and sequel.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22528 on: October 24, 2020, 09:38:46 am »

So I was chopping down zombies outside of my car with a fireaxe when a faster than average zombie with knives on one hand and a poisonous stinger on the other, called a Vivisector, wandered up to me and stabbed me approximately 2 dozen times full of bleeding, poison-dripping holes.

The poison and trauma slowed me down heavily and turned an easy enough fight into a death trap, trying to climb into my car would have taken me far, far too long and the zombies would have just climbed in anyways, so, being whaled on zombies and possessing no means of escape, I pulled the pin on my grenade and took out at least half a dozen zeds in death, including the Vivisector.

If I spotted the Vivisector earlier and maybe if I was a little less over confident I could have easily thrown a molotov or fled into my car, but I didn't, alas.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 10:44:32 am by Fire and Glory »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22529 on: October 24, 2020, 10:18:51 am »

I thought Cataclysm Bright Nights had been abandonned long time ago.
But after you mentionning it, i checked and it looks like Coolthulhu came back at some point and is still committing regularly now to it !
https://github.com/cataclysmbnteam/Cataclysm-BN/commits/

Great to know, thanks for the reminder about BN
Pages: 1 ... 1500 1501 [1502] 1503 1504 ... 1571