Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2262006 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22530 on: October 26, 2020, 09:39:12 am »

Turns out Cyclone and Brain Tick remove all debuffs. This includes debuffs you give opponents through Negotiations.

I wasn't very happy with that, especially since I didn't get help from either faction for the boss fight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22531 on: October 27, 2020, 02:54:09 pm »

After dozens upon dozens of retries and all of my missiles, I finally killed the bird robot that has been such a pain in my ass.

Wait! Why is it sprouting wings?!

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22532 on: October 30, 2020, 06:11:14 pm »

It's a really solid game and pretty game, I've replayed it twice!  Just on normal though, that was hard enough for me despite having played plenty of Metroid 3, 4 and 0.
Certainly better than Environmental Station Alpha IMHO.  Nice style but the grappling mechanic is too janky for how much it's necessary.
random I know

Today's Heat Signature daily was... kinda weird!  The middle sub-mission had a giant room with a Defender between me and the target, but the teleporter was on my side.  And the alarm response was for the target to flee.  I tried to do things the hard way, but it would have been an easy mission... though there was also a crate on the far side.  I ended up getting the target but not the crate.  But surely I could skip *one* equipment crate, right?

Final sub-mission had entirely armored enemies and I had no anti-armor capability.  I HOPE there was an acid trap in that crate, because otherwise this set was kinda crap!

I did my best but there were a *lot*, and a tracker with life-link (contractors can have life-link??), and pretty soon the alarm was raised despite my strategic crash-trap usage.  Contractors kept 'porting in, making things... difficult, particularly since I couldn't even bumrush them with all the armored guards around.

(it's still crap that crashed Defenders still give everyone else uncrashable shields)

SORRY here's the funky part:  Eventually the ship suffered some explosions despite my no-kills goal.  *I* didn't shoot any fuel tanks.  I ended up in a weird situation of docking with a breach, only to stare down three very upset guards.
It turns out that if you get shot in your pod, you recover almost immediately
which got a little dark

but I managed to escape and re-dock with 0 bleedout left.  My next mortal wound would kill me.  oops got shot, whatever this is crap
*spaced*
Wait, am I in my pod?  No...
I'm... standing in space... alive?  Indefinitely?

... help?
Edit:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: October 30, 2020, 07:38:24 pm »

Logically, subverted Defenders should crush every enemy near them into paste using glitchy super-shields.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22534 on: October 30, 2020, 09:27:05 pm »

no correct
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22535 on: October 30, 2020, 10:02:40 pm »

it would be cooler if subverted defender shields worked like subverted normal shields
Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: October 31, 2020, 11:19:32 am »

That would be pretty cool to see, even if it would result in that group of guards kind of being done for (and thus making the act of taking down that group trivial).

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22537 on: October 31, 2020, 11:39:39 am »

defenders make groups of more than two or three guards an utter nightmare to deal with, it's only fair
Black lives matter.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: November 02, 2020, 04:12:46 pm »

Re: you not dying after being spaced with 0 bleed out: yep, it's space Halloween. It'd be nice if there was an *in-game* description of space Halloween's effects, though...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:14:53 pm by Eschar »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22539 on: November 02, 2020, 10:04:02 pm »

Re: you not dying after being spayed with 0 bleed out: yep, it's space Halloween. It'd be nice if there was an *in-game* description of space Halloween's effects, though...

I'm aware that highly specific localized damage is kind of an "in" thing nowadays, but the idea of death by bleeding out from being spayed goes a few steps past that I'm comfortable with, other than maybe something like a Cat Life Simulator or anything in Crusader Kings...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: November 04, 2020, 05:18:50 pm »

I tried Zorbus again. Gnome mage with the team xp ability. Cleaned out the first 2 floors, except the second floor never showed 100% even with the nothing else to explore message.

Returned to the shop plane, picked up a dwarven ally (already had a drow and a grif). Raised 3 dead, and armed/armored everyone. First room of the 3rd floor was empty, second room was the goblin king and allies. They all targeted me, and I was a squishy mage.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: November 04, 2020, 05:41:11 pm »

I tried Zorbus again. Gnome mage with the team xp ability. Cleaned out the first 2 floors, except the second floor never showed 100% even with the nothing else to explore message.

Returned to the shop plane, picked up a dwarven ally (already had a drow and a grif). Raised 3 dead, and armed/armored everyone. First room of the 3rd floor was empty, second room was the goblin king and allies. They all targeted me, and I was a squishy mage.
IIRC the message means that there isn't anything left *you* can explore, typically because your search skill is too low.

Presuming you have good int (you should as a gnome mage) and your torch is on you should be able to search all of the second floor without issue.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22542 on: November 04, 2020, 05:45:43 pm »

Some rings and items can have +something to search, very usefull when you're not having enough search skill to explore fully a level (and you know you want to for the nice XP from the search and level fully explored). It's what allowed me to discover

Remember to turn on your light too while searching to not miss any hidden door.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: November 13, 2020, 06:23:10 pm »

Covenant attacked a colony called Harmony, a crappy ice ball that also happened to be adjacent to my capital world. They jumped in at a vector that limited the effectiveness of the planet's two Viery-class double-SMAC platforms. Whilst my entire fleet jumped in and destroyed the battlecruiser at the tip of their strike, behind that was a CAS-class super-carrier. My entire fleet of several dozen ships could not crack it. Lore accurate but still, ouch.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22544 on: November 13, 2020, 06:34:02 pm »

looks like i visited valhalla earlier than i expected

got caught by actual vikings on the ocean after i just got my new crew together and we got to meet odin 20 years early. i tried to shore us up on the right flank where our ships met but i got shield bashed, slid off the crevice between the ships and drowned.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 1571