Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2265828 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22770 on: June 24, 2021, 06:56:48 pm »

Trying to go through the buggy-ass tutorial. The framerate is horrible, and I'm actually starting to feel slightly nauseous from it. I get to the part where it wants me to attach a sluice box to my excavator using some steel cables, then use the excavator to install it in a specific spot. I do so, but the tutorial objective doesn't change. Already tired of this, I try to reposition the excavator so I can try reinstalling the sluice box. Then one of the steel cables snap. They were not attached to anything. Even worse, the in-game description of these very same steel cables states that they're nearly impossible to snap, and that if you do so you should be proud of yourself.

I exit the game, which nearly requires me to force-exit it from Task Manager. Then I see that my total playtime is 2.1 hours, meaning I cannot get a refund.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22771 on: June 25, 2021, 02:44:41 pm »

FFXIV has a boss that throws trains at you.

It also has a rez invincibility mechanic, where after you rez you are invincible for 5s or until you take an action.

Turns out trains can kill you through rez immunity if you stand in their path and superhero pose like a jackass.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22772 on: June 25, 2021, 07:43:45 pm »

The rules changed on me. They aren't supposed to, but they did. A turret saw me through a stack of boxes. They don't have X-ray vision (or rather, SHOULDN'T have X-ray vision), but their bullets can definitely pierce.

Also whoever designed the glock should be shot. Preferably by accidentally discharging the gun into their own thigh because of the lack of external safety they decided the gun needed.

Game's good, I enjoy the fact that it pays attention to the mechanics, but I've had no new guns in a few hours so it's getting a wee bit boring. I need to level up to get newer guns with different features, but that's proving significantly more difficult than expected, especially because drones are fucking impossible to hit, far more durable than they have any right to be (I shot one three times. It's not exactly armoured, it's like one of those ones you buy in a store, but with a taser attached. The three shots only took out the camera, and that was by accident) and they always seem to appear behind me.

Receiver 2
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22773 on: June 25, 2021, 09:06:01 pm »

The boxes might have gaps that the turret saw you through.

As for the Glock... The only piece of advice I have is to hold down the holster/unholster button until the weapon is fully stowed/drawn. Alternatively, you could unload it, but that takes much longer.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22774 on: June 26, 2021, 11:04:38 am »

The boxes might have gaps that the turret saw you through.

As for the Glock... The only piece of advice I have is to hold down the holster/unholster button until the weapon is fully stowed/drawn. Alternatively, you could unload it, but that takes much longer.
Did the thing with carefully drawing/stowing, half the time it fires off anyway.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22775 on: June 26, 2021, 06:13:39 pm »

Drones search for you. That's new.

Receiver 2

EDIT: Drone appeared from fucking nowhere. No light was on, no noise, nothing, just half a second of whirring followed by me being tased.

How do you survive that? I didn't let my guard down or something that's my fault, there was just literally no signs it existed until it was tasing my ballsack.
Receiver 2
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:36:31 pm by Great Order »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22776 on: June 26, 2021, 06:38:55 pm »

Receiver 2

EDIT: Drone appeared from fucking nowhere. No light was on, no noise, nothing, just half a second of whirring followed by me being tased.

How do you survive that? I didn't let my guard down or something that's my fault, there was just literally no signs it existed until it was tasing my ballsack.
Receiver 2
Damn, that sounds pretty unfun.
It's that sort of situation that makes me wish Receiver gave you a little leeway about making mistakes. Assuming it's like the first game, where a single bullet or taser tap instantly ends your existence, of course. I haven't actually played the second one.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22777 on: June 27, 2021, 07:50:58 am »

Tried to do something unorthodox: using an excavator to fill the Hog Pan, because it's actually goddamn boring filling it with ~100 shovels of dirt, then doing that again because a full load from the Hog Pan(with extension) only fills the Wave Table by half.

Discovered after purchasing the excavator that there's an invisible wall preventing vehicles from reaching the Hog Pan site. Well, actually, there's a shin-high stick fence around it that's slightly difficult for me to jump over on foot, but it's really mostly just invisible walls.

It's supposed to get a bit easier with a Tier-2 setup, involving the excavator, mobile wash station, and magnetite separator, but the full setup would cost at least $50,000, whereas a full load from the Wave Table smelted into a bar, including the bonus nuggets(considered to be easy mode, actual easy mode is when everything is free or $1) that account for around 80% of the gold I find, generally yields around $8000 in Spring(when the game starts, gold prices go up in Winter).

I could get a loan to pay for that, but the loan rates in this game are usury. Literally, it's usury. I looked it up; in Alaska(where the game takes place), the maximum legal interest rate on loans under $25,000 without a contract is 10.5%. With a contract, it's 5% more than that. Loans over $25,000 are excluded. In this game, the minimum loan of $600 with a payback time of 3 days has an interest rate of 45%. The maximum loan you can take is $17,400 over 24 days... at a rate of 147%.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22778 on: June 27, 2021, 11:58:42 am »

Receiver 2

Receiver 2
Damn, that sounds pretty unfun.
It's that sort of situation that makes me wish Receiver gave you a little leeway about making mistakes. Assuming it's like the first game, where a single bullet or taser tap instantly ends your existence, of course. I haven't actually played the second one.
Yeah, the only things you can survive are the first accidental shot to the thigh (Assuming it's not a deagle, in which case you just die) and falls from heights.

Speaking of falls, why is it falling half a foot seems to snap your ankles in this game? It doesn't kill you, but dropping down an entirely reasonable distance shouldn't leave you limping for the next ten seconds.

EDIT: This game is simultaneously the most frustrating and rewarding thing I've played in a long time. It's great when you get things perfect, or manage to line up a long shot perfectly, but then you get stuff like remembering to turn on your safety and dying anyway because *this* time the game decided to spawn your gun with the safety on so you actually just disengaged it and blew a hole in your femoral artery.

Receiver 2
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 02:39:40 pm by Great Order »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22779 on: June 28, 2021, 05:05:09 pm »

Nothing wants to go my way today. Every game I play things go wrong. Half the time it's not even me doing it, the worst you can accuse me of is assuming the game will have a small degree of intelligence and then being let down by it.

Latest one, I lost a pivotal battle in a war because the AI decided the best commander it could come up with was one with 13 advantage. I had a potential commander with over double that, and since the battle was even it would have tipped the scales in my favour. He even had good commander traits.

But the game, being the dump pile of crap it is, decided that the 13 advantage guy was the best choice and stuck him in charge, losing the pivotal battle, destroying half of my army (Seriously, the casualty figures were stupid for my side) and allowing them to capture damn near every family member I had.

CK3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22780 on: June 28, 2021, 07:36:09 pm »

First time playing this, bought it because it was dirt cheap. Survived throughout the second night. Just before dawn broke(I wasn't actually aware of the time at the time), I saw my campfire was going out, so I dropped two logs onto it. It immediately flared up to the "unmanageable" stage for about one second. One second. Whilst camping in a dense pine forest.

I didn't need the sunrise to tell me that there was no pine forest there. Not anymore.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22781 on: July 01, 2021, 05:22:40 am »

I was building lvl 2 defenses everywhere, some vl 3 ones with my b-team as well. But the enemies grow stronger over time, and when 4 heroes retired at the end of the chapter my team was seriously weakened. So when an incursion came along and we had a bad roll and started unorganized and split into two groups not even my high level mystic was able to turn the tides. TPK, and only a few rookies where left. So I restarted the campaign, this time building fewer defenses and being more aggressive.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22782 on: July 01, 2021, 05:29:28 am »

I crushed myself with a lift i called using a lever.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22783 on: July 01, 2021, 12:38:45 pm »

I crushed myself with a lift i called using a lever.

Spoiler: Game (click to show/hide)
Unity? 
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22784 on: July 01, 2021, 02:53:14 pm »

Yes. A remake of TES II: Daggerfall, made in Unity. It is significantly more stable.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 1571