Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1530 1531 [1532] 1533 1534 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268023 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22965 on: February 19, 2022, 11:23:06 am »

Finally reaching the end of Salt&Sanctuary , going through the last stairs from a

Said inverted castle was a completely empty place without any enemies (for the last area of the game it was disapointing) just some orgue-like music trying to make it a solemn moment in your way toward the end of everything.
Then..

Hoping that one day i'll stop dying to that final boss so i can complete that game :D .

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22966 on: February 19, 2022, 08:58:07 pm »

Two more total wipes. First against a random green dragon in a hole in the ground. Killed every goblin warrior before I could get everyone else away. The good news about that one was, the dragon wasn't the tribe leader, we killed the tribe leader(a black naga) during the battle, so they won't be getting reinforcements. Bad news was, all of that armor, full sets of iron for everyone, isn't recoverable until I come back with a force that can kill the dragon.

Second was a random tribe of knights that popped out of a building after I kicked the door down. Every attack made against them was useless. Swords, arrows, even Magic Missiles bounced off. The only thing that hurt them was the spirits that the shaman summoned. Except, the knights simply stabbed them to death(?). Again, lost every warrior, and they managed to kill a wizard, a priest, and the sole harpy I had. Did kill all of them, so I could just loot all the dropped gear. It's just going to take awhile before I can build up another army.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22967 on: February 19, 2022, 09:32:04 pm »

How did you get Plenair so early?
Actually the Steam version of Disgaea 1 just gave me Plenair directly after the introduction, along with the three prinnies and Etna!  It's interesting that she's supposed to be unlocked.  I played a lot of Disgaea 1 on PS2 but this was my first time ever playing it on PC.  Unless it somehow detected my advanced Disgaea 2 cloud saves... surely not!

It's a fair question because she's pretty OP, despite starting at level 1 IIRC.  Good unique skills and a gun-user out of the gate.
This reminded me of a Disgaea 2 post I made a while ago: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83528.9150
That's the correct page, even though I couldn't link the specific posts due to the glitch.  I'm pretty happy with those screenshots.

This probably doesn't count, but I tried to load up Disgaea 5 again today and was COMPLETELY lost, lol.  On top of the performance issues on my laptop.  Bounced back to 2 and I'm only very lost.  I asked the prinnies for gameplay reminders and they called me mean names because I'm in the Land of Carnage  :'( owned  :'(

I just saw that ZHP Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman is on Steam, and it's shorter than the Disgaea games, and probably funnier. Originally a PSP game.

Just watch until around 4:50.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 10:05:21 pm by Iduno »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22968 on: February 22, 2022, 07:21:27 am »

I "won" the Friends in Govt mission.

But it was a pyrrhic victory. From a team of 1 Lok'Narr, 13 Gals and 5 Peasants, only 2 Peasants survived.

Other than that, I also lost over 2300points, Losing that many soldiers is certainly not worth the ~150 point difference from not going at all.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22969 on: February 25, 2022, 06:01:51 am »

Lost an enemy colony I had previously captured because the troops I had garrisoned on the planet somehow disappeared when I loaded the save, and they rebelled. I attack it again with armor units and swiftly retake it.

The second my fleet leaves orbit, it rebels again, somehow conjuring enough forces to immediately overwhelm the armor I had stationed there. This was a planet that was low population, was regularly raided by pirates, and I've had blockaded for some time. I really hate some of the bullshit this game pulls sometimes. If I had better weapons for it, and if it wasn't for the fact that orbital bombardment rapidly tanks your reputation(which in turn massively harms your economy), I'd have glassed the planet.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22970 on: March 04, 2022, 11:51:35 am »

Salt and Sanctuary

Spoiler: NG+1 (click to show/hide)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22971 on: March 05, 2022, 02:03:27 pm »

Had it in me to jump into a lake of liquid methane at Titan. It appears that swimming in that thing is much harder than swimming in water, and that it kills you pretty quick.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Trapezohedron_

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22972 on: March 14, 2022, 08:29:44 am »

Ulcerated Tree Spirit. :/

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22973 on: March 20, 2022, 07:04:05 am »

Got thrown by an explosion into lava. The game waited until I finished the standing up animation before realizing I was in lava and killed me. Then, after reloading the checkpoint, which was on a platform far above any lava, the game locked me in a state of "on the ground, in lava, therefore dead", keeping me dying immediately upon reloading the checkpoint. This, of course, broke all mission progress, not that the mission is very long.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22974 on: March 21, 2022, 11:15:41 am »

I am emperor and can only be crowned by pope. Pope demands me to chase Jomsvikings out of Italy before he crowns me. War on Jomsvikings immidiately fails upon (repeated) declaration because casus belli is no longer valid.
Vassals: Y u are not crowned, may tumors rot in your living body, we are revolting.

Crusader Kings 2

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #22975 on: March 21, 2022, 05:36:29 pm »

On the plus side, at least they acknowledge that they're revolting.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #22976 on: March 24, 2022, 01:48:00 am »

Been playing Risk of Rain 2 and getting wrecked by the Brass Behemoths, or whatever they are. Their stuff isn’t hard to avoid but in later levels, when you’re just getting followed by clouds of them and wisps and others, pausing for one second to grab an item is a recipe for death unless you’re playing Captain.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22977 on: March 30, 2022, 03:35:27 pm »

Right as I finished the tutorial section, a drought warning appears. I barely had enough water stored, but the problem was that I no food stored whatsoever, due in part to the fact the tutorial misinforms you how many fields you need, and in part because the drought hit just before harvest. Everyone died of starvation just as the river was coming back.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22978 on: March 31, 2022, 04:31:48 pm »

Right as I finished the tutorial section, a drought warning appears. I barely had enough water stored, but the problem was that I no food stored whatsoever, due in part to the fact the tutorial misinforms you how many fields you need, and in part because the drought hit just before harvest. Everyone died of starvation just as the river was coming back.

There have been a few games that I managed to dislike enough that I quit during or right after the tutorial. If you don't understand your game well enough to teach the basics, you don't understand it well enough to have made a good game.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22979 on: March 31, 2022, 09:05:37 pm »

Maybe it's one of those things to kill you at the end of the tutorial, to force you to start a 'real' game?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 1530 1531 [1532] 1533 1534 ... 1571