Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266830 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #22980 on: April 01, 2022, 04:05:47 am »

Maybe it's one of those things to kill you at the end of the tutorial, to force you to start a 'real' game?

The tutorial runs at the start of every "real" game; it's to ensure you have the basics - food, water, research, housing, renewable wood - up before you start doing your own thing. Except that it doesn't account for the fact the first drought can come before or immediately after you complete the tasks if you're a bit slow in setting up(and don't skip ahead), and the amount of food and water production, and storage, the game tells you to place are far below what you'd need for your starting beavers to survive the first drought, let alone any kits born during the first cycle.

The second time around, I nearly doubled food production and water storage, and barely survived the first drought without anyone starving to death. Damn near close to a few starvation deaths, though.

EDIT: Screw Avalugg, screw that he has a very small window to send a Pokemon to attack him, and especially screw the fact every time you die and restart the battle from the beginning, items you've used are still gone.

Also, the other nobles are fought by throwing their favorite food at them. Avalugg however utilizes something called "Eternal Ice"(possibly a variant of Never-Melt Ice), which you must retrieve from atop a large mound called "Avalugg's Legacy". Given the shape of the mound, could it be that Avalugg's favorite food actually comes from the corpse of his own kind?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:25:13 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22981 on: April 14, 2022, 09:16:40 am »

"Well, here we are... Well, here we are... Well, here we are..."

I made it to the last phase of the true final boss of Kirby and the Forgotten Land, but only got halfway through that phase on my first try.  Not that bad considering I was just using upgraded homing bombs and it was my first try I suppose.

I came back and tried again, and while I succeeded, I was surprised that it took a max tomato and double health bar buff for me to survive with only a sliver of health left.  A stark contrast from halfway beating the final phase on my first try without any of that, but I was also using the sword power this time at the suggestion of a friend.  Homing bombs are very convenient in that they let you stay on the move while they whittle the enemy down, and I'm not sure if they're better or worse than the sword with its damage difference.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22982 on: April 14, 2022, 03:26:15 pm »

A very difficult battle against the only plot-related trainer that uses a full team.
Spoiler: Mega spoiler (click to show/hide)

Which leaves me with only my alpha Lucario at half health.

Then immediately drawn into another battle, which borderline cheats a first-strike to one-shot Lucario before I can even do anything.

Yup. Totally fair play there, game.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22983 on: April 14, 2022, 06:51:28 pm »

I choose yellow crazy ants to hatch as an alate there, but the colony just decided to abandon me1 because feeding me would take a bit. So I just became a lame yellow worker ant to not get left behind, which sucked2.

The queen did fuck all the entire time. Yellow ants are the weakest, other ants just see us as free kills. So we needed to be constantly on the move. But nooooo, this queen just stood around until we got spotted. Then the fire ants came and killed us all.

1) Alates can fly, and are just the superior choice. But they require a full food meter, which is 30 units of it for all ants types. But for yellow ant workers, merely two units are necessary.

2)Yellow crazy ant workers are the weakest ants in the game. Abyssmal damage, super low health. A red or carpenter alate can just airdrop on and one-shot you. Also being the fastest on foot don't do them any favors as alates can fly faster.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 11:08:48 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22984 on: April 15, 2022, 06:32:29 pm »

I love NewCOM (as a big oldCOM and serious X-Piratez fan) but definitely don't play XCOM 2 in ironman.  Particularly not the base game, pre war-of-the-chosen.  There are some silly bugs which apparently remain after several years.  They're pretty minor mistakes, but I expect such small mistakes to get patched out at some point.  Apparently not.

Having the VIP count as dead was moderately annoying, especially a different part of code had him standing before me in handcuffs.  "We can't interrogate a corpse" yeah alright.  A reload of the autosave fixed it, so I wasn't even mad - but people were talking about this bug 7 years ago, it was introduced by Shen's DLC.  and here it is.  Nice.

The research for 2nd-tier weapons has a misspelling of "magnetic" as IIRC "magentic".  I'm all for bisexual lighting, but how the heck haven't they patched the english localization for such a core research?

And finally - I did fantastically at a Avenger defense mission, my snipers taking out the disruptor while the rest of my squad spotted and absorbed hits from heavy cover.  I retreated everyone back, and lifted off- sure there were some aliums on the landing pad, and they threatened to go inside and ruin the launch, but my instructions about that were very clear.

Oh no we all died I guess, as if I had let them enter the craft.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #22985 on: April 16, 2022, 05:09:03 pm »

After 16 years of thriving in the Dragon's Pass the Anmangarn clan simply disbanded, everyone trying their luck in another clan or leaving the region.
It had started well, for many years the Anmangarn flourished , raids over neighbouring clans were often successfull, raids over our lands were repelled. We made many enemies, but our warriors were overwhelming their pitiful excuse of weaponthanes and skirmishers.
The Herani were our sworn enemies, we crushed them so many time and the cries of their women created pity in our warriors heart, so we left their lands in their feeble hands.

Chaos never managed to get a hold of the brave Orlanthi clan as the lessons of the Storm were followed and followers of chaos put to death.
A heroquest for Orlanth even went successfully, the Anmangarn was on the right path.

But in the last few years of the Anmangarn, various serious mistakes were done in the management of our cattles and crops, many seasons saw famines striking hard, many died to allow the survivors eating their fill, yet with diseases striking and raids less successfull the clan was weakened in number and strength and not even sacrifices could help, the Storm was silent. Trading with the few friendly clans wasn't enough, too many Anmangarn clan members to feed.

In the last year of the Anmangarn, the many clans that sworn blood revenge on us decided to attack each in turn, our few remaining weaponthanes and the warriors defended with bravrey what was left of our Tula, but the enemies claimed more and more of our possessions, and once the Anmangarn was left without cattle and without crops, it was the end.

The survivors decided it was time to forget the Anmangarn , their time was past and survival was at stake.
All that is left is our Saga so people will learn of our height and our fall.
Code: [Select]
https://pastebin.com/raw/w0T7145g
King of the Dragon's Pass.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 05:11:04 pm by Robsoie »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22986 on: April 17, 2022, 02:31:44 pm »

Played a game of Dune 2000 last night.

I was stuck on one harvester for most of the game because I thought hiring a bunch of troopers was a smart thing to do.

Turns out they can get instakilled if enemy tanks run over them. So it wasn't.

So, uh... yeah.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22987 on: April 20, 2022, 03:14:49 pm »

Decided to re-challenge Lord Electrode. The battle went reasonably well, except I forgot that Grass resists Ground, so my Shaymin using Earth Power didn't hit as hard as I liked.

I was about to throw the last balm to finish the battle... and my controllers disconnected. By the time I could get them to respond, I was already Exploded by Electrode's final attack.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22988 on: April 21, 2022, 07:11:19 pm »

I speedran tonight's challenge one minute after it went up, and I'm #2 on the high score list!

I was so happy that the challenge was "don't be seen", that I didn't see my first victim's bomb vest.
The crew had glitch-dash modules, bringing several of them to my battered body.
But wait, my character deployed a concussive grenade!
which summoned more damn glitchers who didn't hear the first explosion I guess

The target escaped as I tumbled through space with a pwned expression on my face

Heat Signature
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #22989 on: April 21, 2022, 10:13:32 pm »

...I should probably get back into heatsig dailies. I replayed Gunpoint (game by the same dev) a while back and it was real fun. Perhaps I could compare my failures to yours? :3
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22990 on: April 25, 2022, 07:58:35 pm »

Realized the game is pretty much lost when one of the worlds in the middle of my empire is threatening to defect because of foreign influence. Despite said world being one of my main producers of my own empire's influence. And that the foreign power that's influencing them is the Yor... who don't usually go for the cultural victory.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22991 on: April 25, 2022, 08:49:14 pm »

Try hunting for a mining starbase producing influence-boosters. Eons ago, in my GalCiv2 LP, I was struggling against Krynn influence and found a massively built-up mining base that was churning out the stuff. Blowing it up turned the tide of the influence war almost at once.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #22992 on: May 02, 2022, 12:08:27 pm »

Reformed Romuva on second character starting from Old Gods, then decided that i need some more !FUN! and switched succession to elective gavelkind. The rest of the game was spent in futile and very !FUN! attempts to switch it back to open. Some highlights:
Those guys don't know that we are pacifist astrologers now. And by pacifists i mean PETA.
Also, dueling as a pacifist costs 20 piety. And getting "cruel" trait also costs 20 piety.  ???
Didn't know that banisment can be so outrageous.
Damn you RNJesus!  >:( Legendary failure indeed.
And the title of "Legendary" was given for mass converting state of 2 counties.  8)

Crusader Kings 2
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 12:13:51 pm by MCreeper »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22993 on: May 03, 2022, 12:22:10 pm »

I was running across the sea, when the music changed and I thought I was under attack.

While looking around, my Water Walking timed out, and I sank. I cast it again fully submerged, and died instantly.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #22994 on: May 03, 2022, 12:43:27 pm »

That makes sense I suppose. If you think of spell making the water surface impermeable to you, being underneath it at the time would be suicide, unless you also could breathe underwater.

Are Argonians a playing race in Morrowind, and if so, would you happen to know if the same thing would occur? For some reason I need what is probably a coding quirk to work with the world lore.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1531 1532 [1533] 1534 1535 ... 1571