Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268107 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23025 on: May 23, 2022, 07:33:47 pm »

Maybe try Armored Core 2: Another Age instead?  You have more options for Mission Selection, and I think you can port your Armored Core 2 AC.  Or at least, they give you more starting funds if you don't do that.

Also, LOL Armored Core 2.  It's Playstation 1 controls on Playstation 2.  So yeah, they kinda suck.

It wasn't so bad if you went from Armored Core to Armored Core 2, since again, they're mostly the same controls.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23026 on: May 23, 2022, 11:34:21 pm »

I must have been lucky by starting with Armored Core 3, which I don't recall having bad controls or being overly difficult.  Well, except for Barchetta.  I remember very little from the game other than his name, since he was the Noob Check battle.  I don't know how many times I lost to him because I didn't know how to dodge stuff properly.

Then I realized you can dodge one way, let him shoot, and then dodge the other way and his shots missed 100% of the time.  Eye opening stuff for a kid.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23027 on: May 25, 2022, 07:17:27 pm »

Realized I hadn't depressurized the outer compartments. This was after clearing the cockpit, including the front window as well as the two panels to the side of the window. After which I could literally fly right into the outer compartments. As in, go from vacuum to pressurized area with nothing in between. Figured I'd have to bite the bullet, I cut through the points connecting the outer hull to detach the panel. Cue being sucked into the rapidly de-pressurizing space, and faceplanting a wall at dozens of meters per second. Physics, what.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #23028 on: May 25, 2022, 08:41:45 pm »

Turned on autopilot and it yote me directly into the sun

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23029 on: May 25, 2022, 09:03:55 pm »

Apparently that's so common that it's become a meme in the OW community. Consider this your baptism by fire.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23030 on: May 25, 2022, 11:15:13 pm »

the sun is a deadly laser
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23031 on: May 26, 2022, 09:25:03 am »

The autopilot does exactly three things:

Line you up with your destination.
Accelerate towards destination.
Begin decelerating about halfway to destination (as of the time autopilot was engaged).

Anything like "active collision avoidance" or "warn pilot that something is in the way" is a luxury that Outer Wilds Ventures cannot afford (also Slate would think it too boring).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23032 on: May 26, 2022, 10:53:01 am »

I was unloading heavy computer terminals off of a ship by pulling them straight past me, so they'd 'fall' into the salvage collection area.

Missed the dodge on one of the terminals, and it thwacked directly into my helmet at high speed, opening a major breach in the helmet and causing massive air loss. I made a run for the repair terminal, and actually managed to reel myself to the structure, but asphyxiated right before I could access the menu.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23033 on: May 26, 2022, 03:15:09 pm »

I've seen some other comments suggesting the same. I haven't noticed myself, since the only helmet breaks I've had so far were due to physics anomalies(see above post) or me doing stupid crap like try to get the >20m/s velocity sticker... and failing.

It might help to stick your hands out(Z/X keys by default for left/right hand) before impact.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23034 on: May 31, 2022, 10:37:58 pm »

I liberated two fresh young ubers (mutants) from bandits and, rather than recruiting them to our crew, I sent them to infiltrate the Sky Ninjas for intel.  They had no ties to our operation, see?

Neither came back (that was a 25% chance for each, ouch).  Here's hoping that they took our money and double-crossed us for them sneaky curs.

X-Piratez
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23035 on: May 31, 2022, 10:41:38 pm »

A month later the ninjas send back the same two ubers wearing fake mustaches to infiltrate you back.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23036 on: May 31, 2022, 10:46:51 pm »

We don't question mutations in me crew, whether that be mustaches or coincidental clones of the recently disappeared, yar?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23037 on: May 31, 2022, 10:50:38 pm »

hmm yes very wise
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23038 on: May 31, 2022, 11:06:07 pm »

Somebody needs to get off the Skyranger first...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23039 on: June 05, 2022, 05:30:56 pm »

found out there is not, in fact, some sort of confirmation or any sort of warning or protection for making a decision that puts your max HP below zero

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1534 1535 [1536] 1537 1538 ... 1571