Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267100 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #23070 on: August 05, 2022, 07:59:05 pm »

Spiritual death: After two and a half hours slogging through a surprisingly not very difficult (due to high caution, and being somewhat over-tech'd) but extremely irritating (stealth, locked security doors, dragon's teeth) T3 ninja outpost, I finally cleared the map.

To learn that it's a multi-part mission.

Which, by itself, wouldn't be that bad, just unexpected...

Except that's when I learned that what I thought was just one of my smoke grenades going off between turns 1 and 2 was actually all my backup and specialized equipment exploding.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23071 on: August 06, 2022, 09:35:32 pm »

Managed to finish off the last level, picked up all three tapes, listened to them, and the screen faded to black.

I ran around randomly, blind, and jumped. Right through the only breakable window on this side of the building. I died before the game could quit out.

Receiver 2
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23072 on: August 08, 2022, 03:22:34 pm »

Booted up Heat Signature again after a long while. Played enough to get the idea again then rolled a Dying, Frail, Glitch Sickness, and Proud (not even a 1% increase in glory?) character. Proud meant I got my starting money by robbing 2 ships and selling the equipment I found (I kept a swapper, even though it's not a good idea with glitch sickness) and bought a Subverter. I took a mission to assassinate a character because it was glitchback guaranteed, nearly succeeded despite half of the guards having armor, then walked in front of a turret. Down to 6 minutes.

The next mission I did for money so I could get my mission, but a defender got summoned when I screwed up in the second room.

I figured I'm way over my head. Are there possible combinations that give more than the 30% that frail gives without getting proud, dying, or weak? I'd like a character I can actually use that has a decent glory gain.

Edit: I just got Frail (+30%) with Glitch Sickness and Ex-Glitcher, for a total of 17%. The balance in costs, especially with positives and negatives is weird.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:54:39 pm by Iduno »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23073 on: August 09, 2022, 06:21:25 pm »

We were heavies, the opposing team was scouts. They never stood a chance against us, but that didn't prevented them from picking off from us while we advanced to their control points. I was one of the picked. That damned handsome boy wonder flanked us from the behind and took me out at 55 health, just as I was about to eat my sandwich too.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23074 on: August 10, 2022, 03:52:11 pm »

I hate the Random rule, and I hate that the Lunar Base has every rule, including Random. And I hate you cannot easily manipulate the rules in Esthar and Lunar until after this point in the game. I still cannot figure how Plus is supposed to work. The AI sure gets it.

Took dozens of tries before I could win the Alexander card. A dozen more tries at getting the other rare card, which can only be obtained at this point(except until the very endgame), and she wouldn't play it.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23075 on: August 10, 2022, 04:38:09 pm »

I hate the Random rule, and I hate that the Lunar Base has every rule, including Random. And I hate you cannot easily manipulate the rules in Esthar and Lunar until after this point in the game. I still cannot figure how Plus is supposed to work. The AI sure gets it. [/spoiler]

I remember accidentally spreading Random to literally every single region and being unable to get rid of it... That pretty much killed all enjoyment I had out of TT.

The Plus rule basically combines the values on adjacent cards and, if the sums of the sides on the cards match, it's a win.

This image illustrates it-- https://imgur.io/KcupuIG
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:40:22 pm by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Gunroar:Cannon()

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23076 on: August 11, 2022, 12:07:11 pm »

A room was blocked off by a statue so I came near thinking that one of the scrolls I had was one of shattering, wanting to bust the walls open so I could get the sweet-sweet loot inside, but getting there the statue burst open and an Ogre came out of it and ...

Oh, wait.. thinking back, I defeated the ogre and picked up a mace that was in the room. I actually died when I went to the floor after that when, turned the corner and ran into another ogre.
Climbed back up the stairs and the Ogre followed, as if seeking revenge for it's fallen brethren. Then, as I knew I couldn't take it out fair-and-sqaure, I used my wand of Domination on he(r) when it was at half health. The Ogre resisted and then pummeled me to death.

The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

tweet...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23077 on: August 11, 2022, 03:36:11 pm »

Now I'm really starting to hate the Plus rule. The AI always knows how to flip the entire board with it. Random became slightly more manageable after Card Modding nearly every non-rare card I have, though there's quite a few I couldn't.

I swear, this girl is literally the final boss of the card game. I'm gonna just wait until the final dungeon before just stomping the Card Club for the rest of the rare cards. Then all I need to really deal with is Trabia's rules, which has Random, but I bet I can bomb that harder than the kids in Trabia were.

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23078 on: August 12, 2022, 04:45:13 pm »

I made the foolish beginner mistake of arming almost all of my lads with spears and then trying to take on a group of undead. None of the boys could land a solid hit, and unlike common bandits, our foes cared not a whit for exhaustion or morale. They wore us down and neatly annihilated the entire band.

I'll be bringing some axes next time.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #23079 on: August 14, 2022, 07:42:45 am »

My son is apostate? Burn him, i don't want any more grandchildren.
You are now kinslayer.
Some priest is apostate? Burn him, whatever.
You are now called Son of Satan.  ::)

Crusader Kings 2

EDIT: "It must be so, Blessed Virgin is dead!"
No shit.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:39:03 am by MCreeper »

Gunroar:Cannon()

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23080 on: August 14, 2022, 01:43:31 pm »

My son is apostate? Burn him, i don't want any more grandchildren.
You are now kinslayer.
Some priest is apostate? Burn him, whatever.
You are now called Son of Satan.  ::)

Crusader Kings 2

Of course.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

tweet...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #23081 on: August 14, 2022, 01:47:28 pm »

Tried the new version of Zorbus, took the Leader archetype as a start, with the hope to get a party member quickly.

Moved out of the starting location, spotted a couple of goblins that immediately charged at me, ran away to see if i could find some better location to fight them 1 on 1 , couldn't lose them, then ran into some thief that shot me to death.

... and then i remembered that the lantern was always on at the start of the game...
Damn, completely forgot to turn it off.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 03:13:15 pm by Robsoie »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23082 on: August 14, 2022, 10:23:22 pm »

Set myself on fire and didn't see the xenomorph coming until it got me with a leap attack.  Playing a skirmish with the computer muted wasn't an excellent idea, but I'd hoped I had the Stranded skirmish map memorized well enough that I could do okay.  I managed over 100 kills, so it wasn't too bad.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23083 on: August 15, 2022, 06:45:25 pm »

Decided to try playing Persona 4 Gold, the very first Persona game I've ever played and only the second SMT. I thought I was doing alright for myself, but then in the very first dungeon I got hit with an absolutely brutal series of moves.

Step 1: Get Ambushed. The Shadow managed to dodge my strike and loop around in a tight curve to hit me from behind.
Step 2: Main character gets knocked down, giving the enemy an extra turn to hit Chie.
Step 3: Yosuke picks the MC back up, then heals him.
Step 4: The same enemy knocks the MC down again, then hits Chie again.
Step 5: The Copper Die, which hadn't even been touched yet, decided to hit the self-destruct button. This killed Chie and the MC, and since this is a Persona game the loss of the MC is an instant game over.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23084 on: August 15, 2022, 07:01:37 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, I’m pretty sure I died during the tutorial in OG Persona 4.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1537 1538 [1539] 1540 1541 ... 1571