Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2266521 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5955 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:13 pm »

In a struggle for life and death with the Fallen Priest Aslor. He throws some spines at me and I start bleeding for like 1300 damage every second. For comparison, I have 4500 HP.

Dungeon Fighter
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: July 06, 2012, 08:44:19 am »

The station was attacked by the gray tide, and I got cleaved by energy swords RIGHT before the shuttle took off.

Space Station 13.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5957 on: July 06, 2012, 09:07:55 am »

I didn't know there were bay12ers that played DugeonFighter :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: July 06, 2012, 11:35:49 am »

I apparently had my head blown off when I went to go disarm a shotgun trap for the shotgun. I was right in the middle of a road-trip from my starting evac shelter to some random mansion in the woods.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: July 06, 2012, 01:02:28 pm »

There's a thread around here somewhere. Not many do, though. Only like.... 4? Maybe? I don't know.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: July 06, 2012, 01:43:05 pm »

There's a thread around here somewhere. Not many do, though. Only like.... 4? Maybe? I don't know.
Its on steam, I might give it a try later

Quezcuatol killed so many enemies before my MC could attack, so the game decided to have my headshot re-route onto a bullet reflecting tree . The bullet ricocheted and one-shotted me. I was doing all this while looking for a Certain Green Penis ridng a golden chariot.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: July 07, 2012, 11:15:35 am »

After a rough day at work, my Sim was barely in bed when his pager starts beeping him, forcing him to go back to work. The only reason he survived coming home the next day was because I spent all but a few bucks buying a coffee machine. By the end of the day, he was suffering from both caffiene withdrawl and alread being dead tired. Poor Sim.

At least, he's earning promotions pretty quickly despite me not figuring out how to write reports(Police, Special Agent, career). I assume it requires using the Question option when talking to Sims in town, but they always just say I'm being boring. Screw that, in my precinct, you either answer my questions or take a nightstick to the face.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: July 07, 2012, 05:49:43 pm »

Two potions in a room, both unidentified. No clue what they do.

Well they were being guarded by a dwarven artificer, and this is a unique room so they can't be bad right? *chugs one* ok, potion of poison, not entirely unexpected, maybe this other one is an antidote then?  *chugs the other*  Potion of strong poison....  Well fuck.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: July 07, 2012, 06:12:50 pm »

Making my way to rivet city when I hear an explosion. Quickly checking the sky, I see a smoke trail. Excited I finally got the alien blaster event to finally happen I bolt down the highway in search of it. Began climbing on a pile of cars, I see a red blimp on my radar, entering vats I see its a female raider carrying a rocket launcher, aimed at me, stuck in a pile of high explosive vehicles.... My sword could not shield me from having the explosion hurl my limbless corpse off the road...Fallout 3.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5964 on: July 07, 2012, 07:22:25 pm »

Worms: Reloaded demo.

Well, the round didn't exactly kick off to a good start. A misjudged bazooka shot hit one of my worms, knocking him into some mines which then triggered and hit another of my worms and lightly damaged an enemy worm. No deaths that turn, but still. Long story short, there was an accidental button press with a bazooka that hurt the worm using it, an explosion that sent one of my worms flying across the map right into the water, and when i was finally down to my last worm one of the two remaining enemy worms simply waltzed aross half the map and then just plonked some dynamite on my last worm's head and killed him.

I was playing against an Easy AI, mind you.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:23:13 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: July 07, 2012, 08:04:34 pm »

A dragon skull bit me, even though it was chained up.

Dungeon Fighter

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: July 07, 2012, 10:30:13 pm »

I need food, so I head to a bee hive, which is full of wonderful honey combs and royal jelly. Doing pretty well at keeping the bees away from me until my rifle runs out of ammo. I stagger along, trying to get out, but get stabbed to death with bee stings.

Cataclysm.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: July 07, 2012, 10:53:44 pm »

Sargent walked into a hall with two floaters and only enough action to kill one.
He got wounded and tried to move away for a heal but the floater followed.

xcom
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: July 07, 2012, 11:00:16 pm »

After a rough day at work, my Sim was barely in bed when his pager starts beeping him, forcing him to go back to work. The only reason he survived coming home the next day was because I spent all but a few bucks buying a coffee machine. By the end of the day, he was suffering from both caffiene withdrawl and alread being dead tired. Poor Sim.

At least, he's earning promotions pretty quickly despite me not figuring out how to write reports(Police, Special Agent, career). I assume it requires using the Question option when talking to Sims in town, but they always just say I'm being boring. Screw that, in my precinct, you either answer my questions or take a nightstick to the face.

You can also search trash cans for interesting things, and write reports on that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: July 08, 2012, 12:14:45 am »

A tiger made of ice mauled me to death.

Dungeon Fighter
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1571