Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244569 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #5910 on: July 01, 2012, 06:34:40 am »

Started eating god-crystals just 'cause, but without any particular plans to defend them or anything.

Space orcs thought that was real cute.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:D
R&D!
I regret ever deleting mine fore PC memory space. >_>

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #5911 on: July 01, 2012, 07:17:54 am »

Game decided that this conversation was so important, it should totally ignore the bandits that were filling me with arrows in favour of it.

My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: July 01, 2012, 08:44:48 am »

I had it all, man. Wealth beyond imagining. A hammer, some nails, a saw, even some food and water.

Then a giant worm ate me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: July 01, 2012, 08:49:25 am »

Game decided that this conversation was so important, it should totally ignore the bandits that were filling me with arrows in favour of it.

Radiant Story lets the characters continue their life! Of course, when you're speaking, you're locked in place. they need Radiant Player. D:

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5914 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:57 am »

SS13, on BS12.

Nuke round, start as a Nuke Agent. Blah blah blah make our way to the station, we split up to do our jobs, another Agent (Ika something)accompanies me as we make our way to the Teleporter (our cover was pretty much blown partway in, so we had to get moving), and then to the Telecomms via the Teleporter.

I throw the Telecomms teleporter beacon through the Teleporter so no-one can come through (which meant we had to do the job right, because we wouldn't be able to come back once we leave), use the Debugger i got from the Syndie Uplink earlier to open the doors and an Emag to disable the turret controls along the way, and Ika disabled the Solars that were powering the place. We get in, Ika screws with the computers while i use the Debugger to get into the server room so i can bomb it.

Now, did you know the server room is airless? We didn't, and we suffocated. Thankfully i made sure to set the freezer to a high temperature so the place would overheat and shut down, but we still died there. We coulda just left it at the Solars, or even the screwed-up computers, but i wanted to be damn sure the place was out of commision, plus if not for that stuff-up with the air i could've blasted the place before the APC's finally drained enough due to the lack of power from the Solars. Time was of the essence after all. Next time we'll know to bring internals.

We still won though. One of the other Agents got the disk, got the nuke set up, boom.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: July 01, 2012, 02:00:24 pm »

Wait--if the room needs air-conditioning (has it's own temperature unit), WHY IS IT AIRLESS!? SPACE IS NOT COLD! ESPECIALLY IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE!
Was the atmosphere just pure N2 or CO2?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: July 01, 2012, 02:06:13 pm »

Yeah, the room DOES have air. It's just too cold to breathe. I've sabotaged it a couple of times, and it might be un-breathable gases too. It's extremely cold and you can't breathe it.
Only thing is that you can't turn off the wired intercom, which kind of sucks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: July 01, 2012, 02:09:42 pm »

So any heists must be committed in silence and insulation? Cool. (no pun intended) The hand signals might see some use there...
I should get back into Space Station 13.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: July 01, 2012, 03:28:12 pm »

I was a virologist, and shortly after I got some spaceacillin to treat the flu and perhaps make a vaccine, I saw my test monkey dead because of something in the research division. I failed to notice that I was suffocating and I died. Again.

Space Station 13. Why the hell can't I stop playing this game?!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: July 01, 2012, 05:35:28 pm »

I accidentally glitched through a wall just before a checkpoint, dooming an Aztec warrior and his saved game to be stuck in limbo forever.

That'll teach me not to try breaking the game by getting insane regeneration. (No, wait, it won't.)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: July 01, 2012, 10:28:03 pm »

Stepped out of the evac center, right into a pack of wolves.

All right, ok. Ran back in, closed the door, and used another exit. About ten moves later, stepped on a landmine.

Zombies never even arrived on the dang map.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: July 01, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »

I had a glitch where as soon as i spawned the same NPC would instantly show up and go hostile. He would then proceed to crit me with repetitive punches in the eye and i would die within 10 minutes of spawning.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: July 02, 2012, 06:49:15 am »

Protip, that's a bug, use the debug menu to kill him :P
*Hugs*

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: July 02, 2012, 06:52:59 am »

Got crushed by a barrel when I was on my last skerrick of health. No, really, this isn't Donkey Kong. It was

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5924 on: July 02, 2012, 09:08:17 am »

Gotta go off-topic for a second here.

SPACE IS NOT COLD!

You're quite mistaken. Space is just a couple degrees over absolute zero (over, because of the backround radiation from the creation of the universe), the only reason it takes a while for anything to cool down is because there's little to transfer the heat to. But yes indeed there is still stuff to transfer the heat to, be it space dust or the occasional gas particle floating around. Space isn't perfect vacuum. The Hollywood version where people freeze in seconds is only wrong in that they show it happening in seconds, when really it'd take a little while.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1570