Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2269403 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13395 on: November 30, 2014, 01:16:09 am »

Zapped by an oversized demon scarab that for whatever hellish reason releases bolts whenever it's damaged. Ate through my health like it was nothing, didn't have time to chug a potion.

Welp, there goes my hardcore poison necromancer. Guess I'll be going to sleep earlier. And crying myself to sleep.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: November 30, 2014, 01:18:14 am »

Killed by a highly skilled speargoblin who effortlessly blocked my attacks.  Which was even more annoying because that character had killed three night trolls in a row.

Edit: AND another death, this time while infiltrating a goblin dark fortress.  I had cleared out the main level and the level above it, and had two more trolls to kill on the last level.  I had killed, to date, 16 trolls, 4 wolves, a goblin weaponsmith (headshot from stealth, decapitation with silver battle axe!), and a goblin hammerman who was at least equally skilled with me and who I finally killed by removing his helmet with wrestling (which neutralized my ability to dodge or block for a few seconds) and beating him over the head until I split his skull.  Which made it all the more humiliating to be killed by one of the trolls, who wizened up and decided to attempt wrestling against me instead of punching me.  It got a hold of my arm, shattered the bone with a joint lock, which knocked me out, at which point it whaled on me for TWO IRL MINUTES before finally killing me (I was wearing the helmet I'd taken from the goblin, which is probably why it took so long).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:44:03 pm by 4maskwolf »

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: November 30, 2014, 10:55:12 pm »

The HEV suit can protect from a lot of stuff, but it cannot protect from 3-story falls.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: December 01, 2014, 12:31:44 am »

Not a death per se, but close enough. Primal Groudon hits like a goddamn freight train.

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: December 01, 2014, 01:31:51 am »

Got caught in a corridor while trying to lead Yriggs the Mad Carpenter back to the healer. Got Yriggs on one side, and a big dog on the other side. Caught between a rock and a hard place. I was injured down to 1 hp and bleeding and died of bloodloss one turn later.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: December 01, 2014, 04:13:47 am »

Zapped by an oversized demon scarab that for whatever hellish reason releases bolts whenever it's damaged. Ate through my health like it was nothing, didn't have time to chug a potion.

Welp, there goes my hardcore poison necromancer. Guess I'll be going to sleep earlier. And crying myself to sleep.

I love how I had the visual imagery of what was in the spoiler just by reading the first lines. XD
[You're facing a unique//elite unit. If the name is yellow, and it glows white-ish, get either lightning resistance or ranged attacks ._. Those things kill, in the early game]
Amazon ftw.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: December 01, 2014, 05:24:17 am »

Since it's a hardcore run I'm guessing they already know that, though maybe not!

I love that the static special used to be glitched such that it was *even more deadly*, but they patched it to merely be somewhat more deadly than *anything else* in the zone.  Except perhaps the "LOOKING FOR BAAL?" maggot, who often trolol-murdered my squishy characters as soon as they entered his little cave.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: December 01, 2014, 07:54:50 am »

Next shot, after adding a stage, gets it up. It takes an in-game day and about half the fuel(less than I thought it would), only to find that the Clamp-O-Tron SR(on the main starship) does NOT work when placed on the bottom of a ship. Yeah. No way to fix that. I revert the save, then send the starship back to the surface, without parachutes(because I forgot to put them any).

I ran into the same issue with the regular docking port a few days ago, where it would not dock, no matter what, when on the bottom/top (and I made sure the ports were both on the right way). I ended up getting so frustrated that I took the lower half of the ship which wouldn't dock to full thrust, destroying everything (before I reverted to pre-launch).

It helps - though not with my issue since I tried it - to take control of the other ship, right-click the docking port -> Control from Here(helps with alignment), and target the other ship's port. Also turn off SAS.

By the way, how do I get the side parts of hub connectors to work?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: December 01, 2014, 08:09:54 am »

I love how I had the visual imagery of what was in the spoiler just by reading the first lines. XD
[You're facing a unique//elite unit. If the name is yellow, and it glows white-ish, get either lightning resistance or ranged attacks ._. Those things kill, in the early game]
Amazon ftw.

Actually, that's the standard Act 2 giant beetle. Even the normal ones release charged bolts on hit as though they're lightning enchanted. And yes. Act 2 requires stacked lightning resists, even if you're playing ranged. The Maggot Lair's too winding for anything else (aside from just getting your mercenary to stab them). Paladin's good for that, the resist lightning aura means he can stroll into crowds and come out smiling.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: December 01, 2014, 10:31:17 am »

Amazon ftw.

Actually, that's the standard Act 2 giant beetle. Even the normal ones release charged bolts on hit as though they're lightning enchanted. And yes. Act 2 requires stacked lightning resists, even if you're playing ranged. The Maggot Lair's too winding for anything else (aside from just getting your mercenary to stab them). Paladin's good for that, the resist lightning aura means he can stroll into crowds and come out smiling.
I know guys, I know. I was going for flavor.

Don't know how I was going to handle Duriel at the end of the Act. I was almost there, but I figured I'd clear the extra tombs and kill the elites for extra exp. Maybe get an iron golem with cold resistance to help tank Duriel better and hope my poison dagger was high enough to kill Duriel while I chugged potions to tank his cold aura. then I went and died to the elite scarab. Man. Hate those scarabs.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: December 01, 2014, 10:37:39 am »

Since it's a hardcore run I'm guessing they already know that, though maybe not!

I love that the static special used to be glitched such that it was *even more deadly*, but they patched it to merely be somewhat more deadly than *anything else* in the zone.  Except perhaps the "LOOKING FOR BAAL?" maggot, who often trolol-murdered my squishy characters as soon as they entered his little cave.

Screw that guy. In the entire game, that was the only fight that truly filled me with dread. It's such a pain in the ass. (I'm assuming you're talking about the end of act boss.)

I was searching for stuff in the Himalayas, and got caught between a rock and a snow leopard while on low health. Needless to say, I got mauled to death. My fancy bow and sniper rifle did nothing at such close range.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: December 01, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »

Got mobbed by undead in the wilderness and couldn't escape.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: December 01, 2014, 08:56:28 pm »

MONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: December 01, 2014, 10:29:10 pm »

Decided to clear a random dungeon to raise my Axe skill, because I was too lazy to build my own class and there's no way I'm going to spend hours grinding Etiquette or Archery.

I find a dungeon that's mostly full of animals; this is great because animals are about the least-dangerous mobs in the game. I seclude myself in a closet to rest, facing the door as is my habit.

I don't even get to heal half of the damage I took. Every time I click the button, a spider or grizzly bear shows up by the third hour of rest and completely wrecks me. It doesn't help that I barely put any points into Axe, not realizing that I was screwing myself over for leveling later. And I left my sword in the wagon, to force myself to use the axe and train that skill. So eventually I get chipped away by "easy" encounters.

Daggerfall. Maaaaybe it's time to look up a more efficient build instead of just using the built-in classes?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: December 01, 2014, 10:50:23 pm »

Easiest way to cheese Daggerfall as far as character creation goes is to customize your character completely and be a High Elf with a Weakness to Paralysis. High Elves are immune to Paralysis by default, so the Weakness doesn't do anything but allow you to get a ton of OP effects and still be 'balanced' since the game considers it quite debilitating.

Beyond that I dunno, I also got killed a lot because I suck at Daggerfall. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 1571