Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244732 times)

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13440 on: December 08, 2014, 05:01:16 am »

Opened a door, only to find a small room containing two RVM Packs (Revenant, Arch-Vile, Mancubus)...
Got blasted right back to the main menu before I could change my armor >.<

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: December 08, 2014, 08:49:39 am »

Copperbell Hard Mode. The tank was new and had no idea about the mechanics of the dungeon. We tried explaining it every chance we got.

We ran out of time. Before we could even kill the first boss. The tank wouldn't move the boss out of the fire on the ground, because he thought he had to take the damage. This screwed the melee DPS over, since they had to walk in fire to get at the boss. It also put a lot of extra strain on the healer.

The DPS weren't killing adds either. Adds should be a priority, since one bomb can easily one-shot the entire party. And was the main cause of our wipes. The rest were caused by the adds mobbing the healer.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: December 08, 2014, 01:41:44 pm »

I played Gum for the first part of the game, then switched to Rhyth as soon as I unlocked her. Rhyth seems to have a longer jump than Gum, which caused much grief as I was trying to grind several rails over a... lake? reservoir? bottomless pit? Something that you fall into and then die.

Jet Set Radio Future.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: December 08, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »

So, I decide we're all quite well-equipped and should be able to handle Greater Terrors and Despair Demons 6 levels above us. In Nightmare difficulty.
Funny thing is, it actually goes well, especially since I have enough potions.
Then I suddenly see Varric and Solas go down, with only a demon and a terror left. Well crap, but who cares, I still have my archer and Cassandra. Terror demon tunnels away. Cassandra knocked down. Killed. I use long shot on the terror and drop it.
Now comes a fight with a despair demon. Quite a challenge, but I down a potion and manage to survive for Full Draw to cool down. My mistake. Full Draw's animation is way too long and the demon kills me before I shoot, even though I was stealthed before it. *sigh*
I loaded back and this time the fight went easy for whatever reason.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: December 09, 2014, 03:49:17 am »

I tried to do a dramatic helicopter landing, quickly decelerating and touching the ground before lifting off again. However, I grazed the tail of the chopper on a nearby car, which caused me to lose control, hit the ground and explode.

ARMA: Cold War Crisis.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cowboy Colt

• Bay Watcher
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: December 09, 2014, 05:46:32 am »

I tried to do a dramatic helicopter landing, quickly decelerating and touching the ground before lifting off again. However, I grazed the tail of the chopper on a nearby car, which caused me to lose control, hit the ground and explode.

That's what you get for showing off ;D

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: December 09, 2014, 06:17:19 am »

Wanted to host a great feast.
Accidentally commited suicide.

Crusader Kings 2

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: December 09, 2014, 08:55:02 am »

Wanted to host a great feast.
Accidentally commited suicide.

Crusader Kings 2
This seems like accurate behavior from a medieval monarch.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: December 09, 2014, 09:06:34 am »

I underestimated my opponents on Extreme mode.
Dawn of the Tiberium Age: A Tiberian Sun mod.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: December 10, 2014, 02:31:38 am »

Tried Titan Extreme Mode. Holy hell, is there a lot of dodging to do. And as a caster-type character I don't quite have the mobility to escape every time.

When we started, the other healer noticed that at least one of the eight players in the trial was new to it, and said that they don't play any content with people that haven't done it before, then ditched us.

We did get a new healer. We also wiped a lot. Mostly because the new healer freaked out after our first wipe, saying that everyone sucked but them, and then refused to heal or buff other party members during the fight. Even purposely jumped off of the edge of the arena a few times.

We eventually voted to abandon the trial.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: December 10, 2014, 03:56:19 am »

Tried Titan Extreme Mode. Holy hell, is there a lot of dodging to do. And as a caster-type character I don't quite have the mobility to escape every time.

When we started, the other healer noticed that at least one of the eight players in the trial was new to it, and said that they don't play any content with people that haven't done it before, then ditched us.

We did get a new healer. We also wiped a lot. Mostly because the new healer freaked out after our first wipe, saying that everyone sucked but them, and then refused to heal or buff other party members during the fight. Even purposely jumped off of the edge of the arena a few times.

We eventually voted to abandon the trial.

That is THE worst thing in MMOs.

I personally prefer Guild Wars 2's method of "Players can heal others, but it's more like applying a temporary regeneration buff - the most powerful healing is self-only, and each class gets a heal skill that ties into their own class mechanics". That way, blame for lack of heals can lie solely on the player who didn't dodge and or heal enough.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: December 10, 2014, 06:30:46 pm »

After joining the companions, got a quest to clear out some falmer from Shimmermist cave. Not too tough, though the charuses are annoying, but the boss falmer is something else. A gloomlurker able to three shot me in my light armor archer/dual knive assassin build, so that's tough enough, but he is accompanied by a dwarven centurion guardian buddy he magically animates at the start of the fight. Needless to say, many deaths were had before I was able to kill him(plus playing ring around the rosy with the centurion to rescue Lydia)

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: December 10, 2014, 06:52:29 pm »

One Infector, AH AH AHH!
Two Globotech Humvees, AH AH AHH!
Two Globotech Rocket Tanks, AH AH AHH!

Five minutes later...

ONE DEAD INFECTOR, AH AH- oh.

Twisted Insurrection, another Tiberian Sun mod. Some of these missions.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: December 10, 2014, 07:10:49 pm »

There's a helicopter mission in Resistance where you have to destroy a base and skedaddle before the enemy aircraft arrive.

I must be missing something with the V-80 chopper you use in this mission. The AT6 missiles don't seem to do jack against any vehicle at all. I keep shooting the tanks that arrive, but they never get destroyed; they just randomly generate new crew out of nowhere, resulting in a never-ending stream of prompts to "TWO-ENGAGE-ABRAMS!!!" and "ONE-O-CLOCK-ABRAMS-FIVE HUNDRED!!!"

I quickly ran out of missiles and rockets while trying to take out these damn tanks. I landed at the support base pointed out in the briefing, only to find that it couldn't reload my rockets. When I came back to the mission area, the enemy aircraft had arrived and shot down my leader. Despite completely filling the air with lead at ridiculously short distances, I missed the enemy choppers while they landed every single hit.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: December 10, 2014, 07:16:58 pm »

There's a helicopter mission in Resistance where you have to destroy a base and skedaddle before the enemy aircraft arrive.

I must be missing something with the V-80 chopper you use in this mission. The AT6 missiles don't seem to do jack against any vehicle at all. I keep shooting the tanks that arrive, but they never get destroyed; they just randomly generate new crew out of nowhere, resulting in a never-ending stream of prompts to "TWO-ENGAGE-ABRAMS!!!" and "ONE-O-CLOCK-ABRAMS-FIVE HUNDRED!!!"

I quickly ran out of missiles and rockets while trying to take out these damn tanks. I landed at the support base pointed out in the briefing, only to find that it couldn't reload my rockets. When I came back to the mission area, the enemy aircraft had arrived and shot down my leader. Despite completely filling the air with lead at ridiculously short distances, I missed the enemy choppers while they landed every single hit.

I know in modern ARMA 2-3, there are some vehicle/helicopter matchups where the helicopter's only hope is to shoot the tank in its weaker top armor instead of from the front or side.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1570