Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267753 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13545 on: December 22, 2014, 10:51:30 pm »

Man, those things used to be on paper.  Not just cheap paper, but smooth, shiny, thick paper.  Having one of those made you cool.  I remember both the pokemons one an the FFVIII one like it was last century . . .

I remember, I brought the Pokemons to Massachusetts :P  I was the literal first one in Springfield to own a game, deck, and book.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: December 22, 2014, 11:03:27 pm »

Oh hey, Nosferatu sound like the type of character I would like to play. Fairly sneaky and good at lockpicking/hacking.

Why does everyone want to kill/run from me?

Oh right; I'm so hideous that not being seen is a literal law.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: December 22, 2014, 11:17:46 pm »

You mean you didn't bring along something capable of sleep or paralysis the first time? O_o
Heheheh-- when I go catch legendaries, I decide "Hey, let's go catch eldritch gods from the beginning of time!" and go get the absolute necessities and a False Swiper.

That usually works out fine, although, admittedly, I did catch my Deoxys, when my Swampert's Ice Beam accidentally froze it... I remember catching Lugia back in Gen IV with a Sceptile who had False Swipe, Energy Ball, Dragon Pulse, and GrassWhistle. Good times. Damned Pokémon Bank clogging up my elf smuggling industries.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:31:23 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: December 22, 2014, 11:26:49 pm »

I'm lost in Quake 2. I need to deactivate yellow force fields (the fifth color of force field in this bloody level). I got the security pass and the fields are still up.

I need to deactivate a communication laser in the Upper Palace. I found the only thing that looks remotely like a communication laser, and it's in the Upper Palace area, but I apparently can't just blow it up because nothing happens when I shoot it a bunch.

Why do I keep playing this game?

Quake 2.

Fallout crashed. I'm assuming it was because I was doing too good against the Deathclaw and might have actually beaten it.

Fallout 1.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:15:47 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: December 23, 2014, 03:16:29 am »

I'm lost in Quake 2. I need to deactivate yellow force fields (the fifth color of force field in this bloody level). I got the security pass and the fields are still up.

I need to deactivate a communication laser in the Upper Palace. I found the only thing that looks remotely like a communication laser, and it's in the Upper Palace area, but I apparently can't just blow it up because nothing happens when I shoot it a bunch.

Quake 2.

Because it's great! You're almost there. ^_^
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: December 23, 2014, 04:03:01 am »

I'm trying to kill all the Blades in the Boneyard. There's this one Blades ganger with a sledgehammer who seems to have infinite AP. He can use two stimpacks in a row, walk 7 tiles towards me, and still have enough energy to hit me up to 4 times with the hammer. He killed me many, many times in a row.

I finally managed to kill him...

And then the game crashed to desktop.

Fallout 1.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: December 23, 2014, 11:10:00 am »

it's in the Upper Palace area, but I apparently can't just blow it up because nothing happens when I shoot it a bunch.

Quake 2.

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's a goddamn pain to go through but then there's a door in the Upper Palace that's to the right of the entrance I think? I know I went there and I was like Oooooh. Alternatively, scour the whole of downstairs.

I hope it helps a little.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: December 23, 2014, 11:27:19 am »

Garuba Daora massacred me with his million AoE one-hit-kills.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: December 23, 2014, 11:36:32 am »

Just bought the game, doing the tutorial. As my entire fleet is in the AI homeworld, wrecking their stuff, I see a message that my homeworld, one the tutorial said was secure, was under attack. I save the game(forgetting once again that the game does not pause in the save menu), thinking I should be able to deal with it with save-scumming if necessary. Less than one second after saving, I get a game-over message.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »

Mistimed a jump, mistimed a jump, mistimed a jump, mistimed a jump, eaten by t-rex, mistimed a jump, mistimed a jump, mistimed a jump...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: December 24, 2014, 07:02:07 pm »

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's a goddamn pain to go through but then there's a door in the Upper Palace that's to the right of the entrance I think? I know I went there and I was like Oooooh. Alternatively, scour the whole of downstairs.

I found the force field control, I just forgot where the door was. But good luck finding out how to deactivate the laser; you have to stand in the spot where you got the data spinner until a hidden door reveals itself. That's pretty obscure for a game like Quake 2.

The Makron was a pretty lame way to end the game, I feel. Quake 1 remains my favorite single-player id title by a long shot, but Quake 2 was playable. It wasn't awful or anything, it just didn't make me feel one way or the other at any point.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: December 24, 2014, 07:12:12 pm »

Was a farmer. Wandering around peacefully after butchering an anthill with my trusty KNIFE SPEAR. Find a statue. Kick the statue, because that's how science works.

Quote from: Statue
You have incurred the wrath of the Squirrel King!

The fuck. Alright, what's going to hapen. The lag means it'll be something scary. This character is screwed.

Game stops responding. The Squirrel King crashed the game. That's a bit of a meta consequence for booting a rock. A Google search for the above quote turns up some weird Youtube video about royal breastfeeding and something from Ecclesiastes.

Quote from: Ecclesiastes
It is useless, it is all useless, it is like chasing the wind

Yeah, I feel you. Third successful character in a row lost through non-ingame means. Sigh.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: December 24, 2014, 08:05:52 pm »

Edit: WRONG THREAD THIS WAS AN OWN
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: December 24, 2014, 08:06:41 pm »

I found the force field control, I just forgot where the door was. But good luck finding out how to deactivate the laser; you have to stand in the spot where you got the data spinner until a hidden door reveals itself. That's pretty obscure for a game like Quake 2.

The Makron was a pretty lame way to end the game, I feel. Quake 1 remains my favorite single-player id title by a long shot, but Quake 2 was playable. It wasn't awful or anything, it just didn't make me feel one way or the other at any point.
That sounds about right. The Makron is pretty much a very weak endboss, especially so if you kept the Invincibility and Quad Damage reserved. It's a little more entertaining if you don't use them and have it on Nightmare Mode.
I'd play Quake 1 but it has to have an appealing feeling for me to actually go ahead. Personally I prefer Quakes II and Arena because I grew up on them. I remember playing the first two levels when I was about seven, so the nostalgia is pretty strong for me.

Merry Christmas.

Fake edit: it's been so long since I've played Age of Wonders 2 that I forgot that I really shouldn't have tried to turtle in the first few cities I claimed for the fire mini-campaign. Whoops. On the bright side. My blood made for quite a nice paintjob on the tower.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: December 25, 2014, 03:19:30 am »

I got booted from a dungeon and locked out of entering a dungeon again for about a half-an-hour.

I was called away from the computer to do a short chore. It only took about two minutes. I told this to the group. I figured it wouldn't matter anyways, since the tank was new to their role and the dungeon, and was so hopelessly lost that they found their way back to the very beginning of the dungeon. Somehow.

When I came back I found myself kicked out of the dungeon, with one of the other players having filled my chatbox with curses, which were leveled at me. Same person was being a jerkass the entire dungeon, being an ass to the tank for being new and generally trying to make the tank's job harder than it normally is.

Pages: 1 ... 902 903 [904] 905 906 ... 1571