Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2243901 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13560 on: December 25, 2014, 02:56:35 pm »

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's a goddamn pain to go through but then there's a door in the Upper Palace that's to the right of the entrance I think? I know I went there and I was like Oooooh. Alternatively, scour the whole of downstairs.

I hope it helps a little.

I found the force field control, I just forgot where the door was. But good luck finding out how to deactivate the laser; you have to stand in the spot where you got the data spinner until a hidden door reveals itself. That's pretty obscure for a game like Quake 2.

The Makron was a pretty lame way to end the game, I feel. Quake 1 remains my favorite single-player id title by a long shot, but Quake 2 was playable. It wasn't awful or anything, it just didn't make me feel one way or the other at any point.
That sounds about right. The Makron is pretty much a very weak endboss, especially so if you kept the Invincibility and Quad Damage reserved. It's a little more entertaining if you don't use them and have it on Nightmare Mode.
I'd play Quake 1 but it has to have an appealing feeling for me to actually go ahead. Personally I prefer Quakes II and Arena because I grew up on them. I remember playing the first two levels when I was about seven, so the nostalgia is pretty strong for me.

Yeah, Quake 3 was amazing. It's too bad that Quake Live is the main way to experience it now.

By chance, have you tried Quake with the music? AFAIK there aren't any modern distributions that come with the soundtrack, you have to mount your own image of the CD in DOSBox. Quake was actually my least favorite id game until I played it with the music.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13561 on: December 27, 2014, 11:48:54 am »

Trying to grind my team. The punching-bag Lv.90 Audinoes that I'm trying to level on have suddenly developed a habit of using nothing but Double-Edge. Normally, they have three other, useless moves, so they normally have a 1 in 4 chance of actually attacking. Except they're constantly using it. Managed to clear all but one of a set with Blaziken. On the last one, he had ~75% HP left, and tried to Blaze Kick Audino. It didn't take it down, but I figure that Blaziken can survive a Double-Edge(having already wasted at least one Hyper Potion because).

Nope. Critical hit! Blaziken has fainted!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13562 on: December 27, 2014, 04:30:12 pm »

Killed instantly by a f*cking tank I couldn't even see. Every time, all the time.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13563 on: December 27, 2014, 08:50:02 pm »

Trying to grind my team. The punching-bag Lv.90 Audinoes that I'm trying to level on have suddenly developed a habit of using nothing but Double-Edge. Normally, they have three other, useless moves, so they normally have a 1 in 4 chance of actually attacking. Except they're constantly using it. Managed to clear all but one of a set with Blaziken. On the last one, he had ~75% HP left, and tried to Blaze Kick Audino. It didn't take it down, but I figure that Blaziken can survive a Double-Edge(having already wasted at least one Hyper Potion because).

Nope. Critical hit! Blaziken has fainted!

Consider Sky Uppercut next time. :P

It melts Audino and its normal type brethren, while also kicking the shit out of Avalugg and Glalie. Blaze Kick is more useful for Jynx and Froslass,

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: December 27, 2014, 09:03:33 pm »

Whose idea was it to put in a stealth section where the only weapon you can use is a crappy pistol and the guards have assault rifles? Or to put in an underwater section where the only weapon that works is the aforementioned pistol?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13565 on: December 27, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »

Whose idea was it to put in a stealth section where the only weapon you can use is a crappy pistol and the guards have assault rifles? Or to put in an underwater section where the only weapon that works is the aforementioned pistol?

You know you're not meant to do fighting in the stealth section right. It's not very long and you get to pick up real guns when it's done.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13566 on: December 27, 2014, 09:12:15 pm »

I got booted from a dungeon and locked out of entering a dungeon again for about a half-an-hour.

I was called away from the computer to do a short chore. It only took about two minutes. I told this to the group. I figured it wouldn't matter anyways, since the tank was new to their role and the dungeon, and was so hopelessly lost that they found their way back to the very beginning of the dungeon. Somehow.

When I came back I found myself kicked out of the dungeon, with one of the other players having filled my chatbox with curses, which were leveled at me. Same person was being a jerkass the entire dungeon, being an ass to the tank for being new and generally trying to make the tank's job harder than it normally is.

And just think: People pay monthly for this experience!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13567 on: December 27, 2014, 09:18:51 pm »

I guess I'm just not good at being stealthy.

When I got to the lab section, I decided I wanted to keep my SMG, thank you very much.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13568 on: December 27, 2014, 11:41:36 pm »

Decay tends to make your men pretty damn short lived. I don't think Rottin Randy minds the broken collarbone so much, since the second injury roll just plain killed him.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13569 on: December 28, 2014, 11:51:57 am »

Consider Sky Uppercut next time. :P

It melts Audino and its normal type brethren, while also kicking the shit out of Avalugg and Glalie. Blaze Kick is more useful for Jynx and Froslass,

Or I could skip the whole grinding process and get everyone addicted to Rare Candy, which I can buy now. ...I remember hearing that there was a downside to using Rare Candies, though.

I guess I'm just not good at being stealthy.

When I got to the lab section, I decided I wanted to keep my SMG, thank you very much.

Well, it's not hard if you don't get too close to the guards and keep your gun holstered. Just remember that
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13570 on: December 28, 2014, 02:04:57 pm »

I really should have finished the tutorial.

Or I could skip the whole grinding process and get everyone addicted to Rare Candy, which I can buy now. ...I remember hearing that there was a downside to using Rare Candies, though.

In the normal games, the only downside is you aren't training Effort values (aka stat exp). If you're fighting level 90s there's a good chance you've maxed EVs on any Pokemon you've had for a while, though. I don't know if Omicron adds other side-effects or if otherwise changed how EVs work, though.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: December 28, 2014, 03:15:51 pm »

You know, I like the Pokemon games, but I seriously cannot stand playing them without an emulator. The lack of the accelerate function just kills me because everything's so slooooow. It's like they did it on purpose just to extend game time.

Shocked to death by a Tesla coil that can hit you even if you teleport right as it shoots.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13572 on: December 28, 2014, 03:39:04 pm »

You know, I like the Pokemon games, but I seriously cannot stand playing them without an emulator. The lack of the accelerate function just kills me because everything's so slooooow. It's like they did it on purpose just to extend game time.
Yep. This is why Emerald is my favorite pokemon game. Because I can just press a button for quintuple speed.

Last death: Fiore de Rosa hurts like hell if you give him too many BP.

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: December 28, 2014, 04:08:30 pm »

In retrospect: the dancing chest should've triggered an alarm bell in my head. Turns out that they're mimics.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: December 28, 2014, 06:03:23 pm »

Yep. This is why Emerald is my favorite pokemon game. Because I can just press a button for quintuple speed.
You people have no perseverance! I beat that game four times without using speed-up crap!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905] 906 907 ... 1570