Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244470 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13575 on: December 29, 2014, 12:23:17 am »

Instantly sniped in the skull as soon as the brainy parts of me left cover several times. Blown up twice. Died several more times due to massive numbers of foreign objects penetrating my vulnerable flesh.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: December 29, 2014, 12:34:35 am »

You know, I like the Pokemon games, but I seriously cannot stand playing them without an emulator. The lack of the accelerate function just kills me because everything's so slooooow. It's like they did it on purpose just to extend game time.
Yep. This is why Emerald is my favorite pokemon game. Because I can just press a button for quintuple speed.
You people have no perseverance! I beat that game four times without using speed-up crap!

The emulator software accelerates it more than x5 as far as I can tell.
Call me some with no perseverance all you want, but the fact remains that I got the same experience in 1/30th the time! >_>
Rather then speeding the game up, I like to think of it as compressing the amount of time it takes for me to do something. (In a turn based game like Pokemon at least.)

It isn't really a 'death', but getting a 1000000 (approximately) point levitation buff via alchemy abuse and then crashing the game trying to move.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:38:05 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: December 29, 2014, 01:05:11 am »

Wow, even for a JRPG grind is required in this. I got defeated by the second boss after fighting my way through hellaciously tough enemies. Battered the boss down to 132 HP before mass-poisonings and unavoidable Fire spells took my party down through sheer attrition.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: December 29, 2014, 03:31:10 am »

You know, I like the Pokemon games, but I seriously cannot stand playing them without an emulator. The lack of the accelerate function just kills me because everything's so slooooow. It's like they did it on purpose just to extend game time.
Yep. This is why Emerald is my favorite pokemon game. Because I can just press a button for quintuple speed.
You people have no perseverance! I beat that game four times without using speed-up crap!
That is entirely because you haven't tried speeding it up. That shit is like crack, my friend, you will never go back to waiting for unskippable animations to finish.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: December 29, 2014, 04:57:06 am »

That is entirely because you haven't tried speeding it up. That shit is like crack, my friend, you will never go back to waiting for unskippable animations to finish.

I know. That's why it's practically impossible for me to play Omicron or Zeta right now, because I can't move away from having access to speed up. >_>

Killed by a motherf*cking spider. It pushed me off a tiny ledge as I was trying to shoot a rope arrow.

The circle is complete.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: December 29, 2014, 06:46:06 am »

Killed by a motherf*cking spider. It pushed me off a tiny ledge as I was trying to shoot a rope arrow.

Reminds me of my favorite Dark Messiah death. Pretty early on, you can drop from the rafters of a building into a tiny room that contains a table. You can't stand on tables.

Cue me jumping off of the rafters and landing square on the table, which causes Sareth to enter a falling animation. Fall for too long, die instantly.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: December 29, 2014, 06:56:33 am »

Reminds me of my favorite Dark Messiah death. Pretty early on, you can drop from the rafters of a building into a tiny room that contains a table. You can't stand on tables.

Cue me jumping off of the rafters and landing square on the table, which causes Sareth to enter a falling animation. Fall for too long, die instantly.

Was that the secret room behind Menelag's bookshelves? It's the only place I can think of off the top of my head where that could happen.
That would have been hilarious though.

Dark Messiah truly is an amazing day. How many years later, and it still looks and plays great?
If only we could ever get a sequel, if only... Fuckin' Ubisoft.
The circle is complete.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: December 29, 2014, 07:06:44 am »

Was that the secret room behind Menelag's bookshelves? It's the only place I can think of off the top of my head where that could happen.
That would have been hilarious though.

Correct.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: December 29, 2014, 09:01:03 am »

Decided that playing old DnD based-games would be the best way to spend my scholarly intermission, not learning more Latin or using that textbook I borrowed from a friend to learn a 101 in a month.
  Learned that old-school gaming and old school controls means that friendly fire is sometimes a thing, and its quite possible to die in the tutorial.  In fact, its one of the contingencies planned for.  'LOL, the companion is dead.  Welp, we didn't design this to be beatable without her.  Have fun and reset the map when you're done!'.

---

Oh, Temple of Elemental Evil.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: December 29, 2014, 10:41:38 am »

Corrupted Lord. So many times.

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: December 29, 2014, 04:36:25 pm »

I finally built up a giant attack force, with a second force on the other side of the map, with a resupply base and production facilities ready just in case. The mission was to perform a pincer movement on the enemy's base, using Force 2 to distract the majority of the enemy units, leaving the base undefended, save for a few Heavy Towers. Force 2 had just finished off the defenders when the laptop died on me AGAIN.
I hate being poor.

It's not that I can't try it again: I got an autosave about five minutes before I begun my grand assault. But I just don't have the heart to go through all the planning again.  :-\
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13586 on: December 29, 2014, 04:52:32 pm »

Oh man, Lost Souls. That game blew my mind when I first played it.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: December 29, 2014, 05:05:36 pm »

Asphyxiated, and eaten by a fish monster that literally swam through a wall to get me, multiple times.

I (finally) beat the shrimp boss in the swamp level... and it autosaved right after, but I had NO air left.. in fact my character had already taken his mask off and was gasping. Meanwhile the NPCs have to fiddle around with a log to let you cross to get to the end... and I kept suffocating before they were done, then going back to the autosave where I'm gasping for air two seconds earlier.

I read somewhere you could jump into the water and it would reset your air so I kept trying, but when you fall in the water sometimes there's a scripted monster that eats you (and I guess after the boss is dead you always get the monster)

I did finally manage to do it by sprint jumping onto the corner of the log and sprinting down it while they were still moving it, and just sprinting straight into the building while they were trying to talk to me... and even then I had maybe half a second to spare.

I'm pretty sure I died more at that one spot then the rest of the game put together.

Metro: last light
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13588 on: December 29, 2014, 05:14:26 pm »

Oh man, Lost Souls. That game blew my mind when I first played it.
There's a LP on SomethingAwful where someone is playing through the entire Earth 2150 trilogy.
It's pretty great, despite the revelation that eventually the AI will actually spawn units in the middle of your base.
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: December 29, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »

Took another crack at Ghosts 'n Goblins.

Ended about as well as you'd expect.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 904 905 [906] 907 908 ... 1570