Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245137 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13590 on: December 29, 2014, 11:42:17 pm »

Not really a death, but my Dark Messiah game just sort of decided it... Didn't feel like working anymore?

It just sort of... Stopped. Everything was going perfectly yesterday and now it just crashes to desktop or errors after the opening cinematics.

Turning on compatibility mode for XP SP3 makes it load to the main menu really weirdly but it crashes if you do anything.

Turning on compatibility mode for XP SP2 actually makes it work, yay. Except I had neither of those options on when I was playing it *yesterday*, and it's probably going to stop working after I exit it and try to start it up again using the same settings. I'll see if I can finish the game in one solid block since I'm about half of the way through.

Also, Zombies with the breath attack? Fuck them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:32:25 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: December 30, 2014, 11:42:08 pm »

Parasites are like Shamblers from the first game, but even worse and far more common. They're small, they're fast, and they can survive two Double Shotgun hits whilst draining upwards of 40 health before you can finally get away from them. They like to hang out in groups, skulking in shadows or just around corners so that you don't notice them before it's too late.

Quake 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: December 31, 2014, 12:15:26 am »

I found out why all the casual threads online recommend cheating using rerolls until you roll first generation supermutants.  Turns out point-buy only makes your characters situationally competent.  And I have no clue how XP is awarded, but it sure isnt by killing things.

But, after some playing with numbers and concepts Ive gotten a semi-workable team of 5 lawfull characters.  If they arent ambushed by gnolls or bandits they can do okay-ish.  But I have much to learn, Im  sure.

Temple of Elemental Evil
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: December 31, 2014, 01:05:28 am »

MOSTLY HARMLESS MY NOVAKID ASS GAME

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: December 31, 2014, 01:40:08 am »

I'm so pissed at this. My crew gets a mission to steal information from this racist group who seeks to rid the earth of all the metahumans(elves, orcs, trolls, and dwarves). One of my guys, a shaman, asks me if he could go because this group had recruited his nephew and he didn't want to see him go with the racists and be brainwashed to their ideals. I tell him he can come and take him with us to the mission.
When we get their, I have a conversation with the leader of the racist group and promptly murder him(never stand too close to someone with a shotgun). Hell breaks loose and we have to fight our way through all the goons in the building. It was long and arduous and we're mostly on top, but also really injured and low on supplies. Down to three guys, I have our shaman drop an air elemental to help soak some bullets and put out some damage.
I have two people ducked out in the hallway, one of my guys and the shaman's nephew, both incredibly injured.
One of the remaining goons manage to stun the shaman, causing him to lose control of the elemental. The elemental goes berserk on us, hitting the shaman with lightning and knocking him out. When someone loses all their HP, they are knocked out until you can use a trauma kit on them. If they're out for three turns, they're dead. This doesn't bode well for him, as my crew is out of trauma kits. A few of my guys ineffectively shoot at the elemental while a couple others try to take out the remaining goons. The elemental goes into the hallway and hits the shaman's nephew with a stunning attack, which did a bit of damage. I was relieved that he was going to live, until the elemental attacked again, knocking the nephew out as well. I have my main guy go over to the elemental and she one-shots it with the shotgun. The shaman and his nephew both proceed to kick the bucket. Livid, I go HAM against the remaining goons, who don't stand a chance.
As the smoke clears, I decide that I'm pretty done playing and I go to quit, intending to quit while not saving, so I can keep the shaman and his nephew alive. Unfortunately, in my haste to leave, I accidentally press "Save & Quit." FUCK

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: December 31, 2014, 04:59:43 am »

It always saddens me to lose a potential leader to a heroquest... the tribe was very supportive of Byrnna's attempt at a Vinga heroquest... such enthusiasm and bravado.  She never came back...

I'll have to throw a few tons of goods at Vinga, so that I may learn her secrets.  (I've lost a few by attempting to form the Storm Tribe also... and I actually did em right.)

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: December 31, 2014, 08:04:49 am »

It was my first time when I wandered in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup relatively far. Generally I can't even make it through 3-4 level of the dungeon world. But today I got to shoals level 3. I played as an assassin spriggan. Everything was fine for my using poisoning needles (in one of my previous runs I got paralyzing ones which was even more awesome). I blew them through a blowgun and then ran away from dying foes, others were stabbed down unaware. And I died because of my most typical failure -- underestimating the enemy. It was something like a turtle, it was quite fast somehow, although I was faster (thanks to spriggan's natural speed). I couldn't even suppose that turtle could hit over 2 tiles =/

PS my score is 33819
PS2 I expect I will pick an assassin spriggan asgain. Could someone give me an idea on which deity I should choose to worship?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:13:08 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: December 31, 2014, 01:41:50 pm »

BOYD Y U DIE OFTEN

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: December 31, 2014, 01:47:08 pm »

You don't get many axe users in PoR, if I remember correctly. Boyd is probably your best bet, so keep him alive and well :v
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13599 on: December 31, 2014, 01:52:08 pm »

One of my priests has died at least four times. He's probably my single biggest expense, but I can't replace him conveniently.

Crown of Conquest.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: December 31, 2014, 02:37:15 pm »

You don't get many axe users in PoR, if I remember correctly. Boyd is probably your best bet, so keep him alive and well :v
Ho ho, after I lost like half the army in Awakening I vowed to never lose a man again. I'm going to keep suiciding Ike every time somebody dies until I get through 11 in one piece.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: December 31, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »

Really, that's the most satisfying way to play Fire Emblem. You need to develop that perfectionist's mindset and not lose a single person. Even if that means restarting the battle from the very beginning :P

--------------------------------------------------

So I believe someone said that the forced non-aggression periods invoked by the Vatican work both ways? I can't attack them and they can't attack me? Yeah, that's bullshit. Every time I crush one of France's armies, the Pope demands that I cease hostilities for a few turns. And during every one of those forced cease-fires France lays siege to my cities and attacks my armies in the field. I can only defend. Thank God my armies are the strongest in the world, because otherwise this would rapidly become an unwinnable situation. As it is, it is merely unfun.

Medieval II: Total War
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: December 31, 2014, 02:53:29 pm »

So, I stupidly used all my health pack things in that pseudo boss battle with Mistral and Monsoon.  I meant to restart it, since I did horribly against Monsoon, but I forgot to.  Then I had to go face Sundowner, he with the bullshit shield made of explosives.  And not only that, but there is an attack helicopter that respawns even if you destroy it.  I can face him pretty well, but my health is slowly taken down by attacks I can't block or dodge, or just plain stupid mistakes or lapses of attention.  My current strategy is death of a thousand cuts by running in circles in ninja mode, but after you get him down to 60% health each hit does about .1% damage, and after 30% health it does even less then that. 
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Is that even a word?)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: December 31, 2014, 03:38:15 pm »

Really, that's the most satisfying way to play Fire Emblem. You need to develop that perfectionist's mindset and not lose a single person. Even if that means restarting the battle from the very beginning :P

So I believe someone said that the forced non-aggression periods invoked by the Vatican work both ways? I can't attack them and they can't attack me? Yeah, that's bullshit. Every time I crush one of France's armies, the Pope demands that I cease hostilities for a few turns. And during every one of those forced cease-fires France lays siege to my cities and attacks my armies in the field. I can only defend. Thank God my armies are the strongest in the world, because otherwise this would rapidly become an unwinnable situation. As it is, it is merely unfun.

I think it has something to do with how much the Pope favours both of you. You can judge this by the Pope screen, but I don't think it is possible for 2 nations to be excommed at the same time, only the one the Pope likes less. I haven't seen 2 excommunications before at once, in most of my games I'm usually the one excommunicated in wars. It might also have to do with Total War games having less than stellar diplomacy AI.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: December 31, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »

I think it has something to do with how much the Pope favours both of you. You can judge this by the Pope screen, but I don't think it is possible for 2 nations to be excommed at the same time, only the one the Pope likes less. I haven't seen 2 excommunications before at once, in most of my games I'm usually the one excommunicated in wars. It might also have to do with Total War games having less than stellar diplomacy AI.
I can confirm this - In one game I was playing as England and I was waging war against the Spaniards who has a cross lower than me and the Danes, who were the Pope's second most cherished people. When attacking the Spanish I was never threatened with excommunication until I managed to offend the pope and lose some crosses. With the Danes, I couldn't do anything productive without the pope breathing down my neck.
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1570