Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2263808 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14145 on: March 16, 2015, 08:41:23 pm »

Hypothermia. While stuck in a pit in a beached ship.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: March 17, 2015, 10:04:51 pm »

I accidentally pissed off the zombie pigmen. Never piss off the zombie pigmen. They'll swarm you. Forever. Until you die.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: March 17, 2015, 11:34:57 pm »

I'm at HAHAHAHAHAHA difficulty, playing as the engineer.  I have two guardian hearts and two fungi, which both require me to be out of combat, and those are basically my only healing items.  I did manage to get the healing bed to the bridge, however, so there was that.  Overall, I have no expectations of winning against Providence.  But, as it turns out, having a tesla coil, two barbed wires, a ukele, a toxic worm, and four rusty jetpacks is supremely overpowered.  And, best of all, if you drop down a turret, then you can go to the other side of the bridge and enter out of combat, allowing me to regain all my health and all of my shield.  I go the entire fight without going below 60% health, not even having to use the med bay.  So, I am just about to win, with less then 1000 health left for Providence, when my cat knocks something down on the other side of the room.  This causes me to look away from the screen for a split second, which is all I need to get hit by one of those circle blast things that Providence fires.  This drops me down to one health, and Time Keepers Secret activates.  I am right next to the med pod, and I have two turrets left, so I'm not the least bit worried.  I go over to the med pod and activate it... but nothing happens.  I quickly try to put down my turret, nothing happens.  I then realize my fingers are not on the right part of the keyboard, due to distraction by cat.  Before I can activate the med pod correctly this time I get hit by Providence as Time Keepers Secret deactivates.  This is the closest I've come to victory ever since I started playing again.  I don't care what the game says.  I won that. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14148 on: March 18, 2015, 07:45:38 am »

My fireball-shaped blobby-thing got mauled by a giant animate slice of pie. That encounter could have gone better.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: March 19, 2015, 05:37:37 am »

Joy2Key derped right as I was standing in front of the energy ball dispenser. I got vaporized.

Portal.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: March 19, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »

I, uh, bumped my newly tamed wolf-dog with my boat too hard. APPARENTLY that means INSTANT DEATH because I "hit the ground too hard."

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: March 19, 2015, 01:20:07 pm »

I, uh, bumped my newly tamed wolf-dog with my boat too hard. APPARENTLY that means INSTANT DEATH because I "hit the ground too hard."

Never put anything you love anywhere near a boat.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: March 19, 2015, 01:27:02 pm »

-boats-

Never put anything you love anywhere near a boat.
Lesson learned, never get in a boat in hardcore, even if trapped on a deserted island.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: March 19, 2015, 01:29:06 pm »

I've seen perfectly still boats in open water just destroy themselves for no reason. Boats will just take any reason that they can to explode into a billion pieces. :P

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: March 19, 2015, 01:55:15 pm »

I've seen perfectly still boats in open water just destroy themselves for no reason. Boats will just take any reason that they can to explode into a billion pieces. :P
And they will do their damn best to drag you with them.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: March 19, 2015, 01:56:04 pm »

Allu Ackboat.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: March 19, 2015, 04:11:59 pm »

I needed to transport this orb to a place to do a thing.  Five of my faithful minions were carrying it for me.  After a particularly tough battle, I realized that the orb was nowhere near me.  I backtracked for about a minute and found this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410497711

There were four minions holding it, but the fifth had drowned.  And any time I sent another minion, he instantly drowned too.

And, typing this up, I realize that I can just summon some more blues to carry it.  I'm not sure which is dumber, the situation or me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: March 19, 2015, 11:21:13 pm »

The game started me with my gun unloaded with the safety on and a drone right on top of my head

Receiver

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #14158 on: March 19, 2015, 11:22:21 pm »

The game started me with my gun unloaded with the safety on and a drone right on top of my head

Receiver
Welp, Wolfire Games says fuck you, apparently.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: March 20, 2015, 02:31:13 am »

And they will do their damn best to drag you with them.
I was always wondering why boats just...popped...whenever I spent an elongated amount of time in them, or...even just an elongated time post-creation.
I can never expect my aesthetic dock to happen. :<

Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1571