Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2269463 times)

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14430 on: April 30, 2015, 03:36:01 pm »

Nudged a tree in sim mode.

Crew knocked out

Damn I know the Pz II F is fragile but not that fragile.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14431 on: April 30, 2015, 04:00:24 pm »

I drowned in the water temple. So stupid. So so so stupid. Arrrrgh. YASD.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14432 on: April 30, 2015, 05:22:21 pm »

and I don't know if anything hits Dive.
Surf, and maybe Muddy Water or Waterfall.

Bulbapedia makes no mention of it bypassing Fly. As it turns out, it may have just been Bruno's Machamp(No Guard) hitting Ho-Oh with it, since now I don't recall Ho-Oh being fast enough to to get in the air before Aerodactyl used it. *facepalm*
That'd do it, because No Guard fucks everything.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14433 on: April 30, 2015, 05:45:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure sky uppercut will hit fly too.  Of course it won't do much, due to type.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

seaturtlehorsesnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14434 on: April 30, 2015, 06:21:38 pm »

i am one bridge away from getting the achievement in just cause 2 you get for flying under bridges. i am exploding a lot. this is the best kind of failure.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14435 on: April 30, 2015, 07:51:03 pm »

and I don't know if anything hits Dive.
Surf, and maybe Muddy Water or Waterfall.

Bulbapedia makes no mention of it bypassing Fly. As it turns out, it may have just been Bruno's Machamp(No Guard) hitting Ho-Oh with it, since now I don't recall Ho-Oh being fast enough to to get in the air before Aerodactyl used it. *facepalm*
That'd do it, because No Guard fucks everything.

Surf deals 2x damage before resistances to foes using Dive.
Earthquake deals 2x before resistances to foes using Dig.

Sky Uppercut deals 2x damage to foes who are using Fly.

Of course, No Guard ensures every move by every pokemon in the battle hits, regardless of the semi-invulnerable states of Fly/Dive/Dig/etc.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: April 30, 2015, 10:59:00 pm »

I donated a gold piece at a lawful alter in dwarftown, hoping to realign myself with my lawful dwarf god Morodwin. Despite being a dwarf paladin I'd encountered incredibly few altars, much less lawful altars, and had very little gold to donate most of the time. So my piety was always non-existent and my alignment hovered between lawful and lawful-neutral, which would reset my piety every time.

Apparently Morodwin got tired of my antics and "punished me" by turning all the gear I had equipped to dust. All my armor. My one good weapon. My adamantium tower shield. All of it.

Rather than continue from there I just gave up and had my dwarf paladin commit suicide and quit the game. I like to imagine he walked across the street to go from the dwarftown temple to the dwarftown general store, pick up a warhammer from the store shelves, and commited dwarven seppuku by bashing himself in the head until he died.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: May 01, 2015, 12:39:28 am »

A connection hitch in the middle of a pitched battle threw me off and led to my death.

Diablo 3, the free demo version. I'm actually having a really good time playing it... except for the always-online part. Seriously, it lags and jerks and jitters like Runescape on dial-up. And all my friends play and it looks like a really good time with friends... but the always-online part means that single player is unplayable for most of the day due to kinks and hitches in the connectivity.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14438 on: May 01, 2015, 02:33:16 am »

Come back to crawl after months not playing, decide for my first run I'll do have it randomly pick my character/background.

"Demonspawn Artificer".  Welp, that's going to go great.

...Yes, it did.  It went great.  I found a flail and started worshipping Kiku to become a hybrid warrior/necromancer.  Murderized everyone's favorite scythe wielder with a potion of lignification and 11 charges of an attack wand.  Judiciously used my wand of enslavement whenever I met something out of depth.  Maybe it was just me being unusually careful, but I felt pretty powerful compared to other non-troll characters I've played.  I fond a whole stack of scrolls of identify and used them on my other scrolls... to find out one of them was a scroll of acquirement, on like D7.  Which gave me a demon whip +1 of electrocution.  Then a few levels down autoexplore went past a fancy looking suit of armor which I thought was an artifact.  I went back and found out that no, it was not an artifact.  It was a fucking pearl dragon armour.

Not long after that I have a brain fart and go one level past lair, only to find it has a temporary portal to an ice cave.  I decide not to waste that opportunity and go through.  The entrance room is completely open and in sight of 8 ice beasts, but there's an easy exit two tiles away.

Now, unfortunately for me I don't play demonspawn much.  So when I see a mutation which says "immunity to clouds of fire", I interpret that to immunity from scrolls of immolation and decide that would be a hilarious way to kill 8 fire-vulnerable creatures with one whack.  I miss twice and they encircle me.  Then I land a hit.  Every single ice beast explodes, and then Kiku taunts me as I die.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14439 on: May 01, 2015, 07:54:36 am »

I donated a gold piece at a lawful alter in dwarftown, hoping to realign myself with my lawful dwarf god Morodwin. Despite being a dwarf paladin I'd encountered incredibly few altars, much less lawful altars, and had very little gold to donate most of the time. So my piety was always non-existent and my alignment hovered between lawful and lawful-neutral, which would reset my piety every time.

Apparently Morodwin got tired of my antics and "punished me" by turning all the gear I had equipped to dust. All my armor. My one good weapon. My adamantium tower shield. All of it.

Rather than continue from there I just gave up and had my dwarf paladin commit suicide and quit the game. I like to imagine he walked across the street to go from the dwarftown temple to the dwarftown general store, pick up a warhammer from the store shelves, and commited dwarven seppuku by bashing himself in the head until he died.

I imagine that with a scene like that, you would bash your head repeatedly in exasperation.

I wasn't aware that going from L to LN resets your piety. That seems a bit extreme, and that's without what happened to you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14440 on: May 01, 2015, 11:01:01 am »

I imagine that with a scene like that, you would bash your head repeatedly in exasperation.

I wasn't aware that going from L to LN resets your piety. That seems a bit extreme, and that's without what happened to you.
Well, there was also an incident where I tried converting a neutral altar to lawful by sacrificing live neutral creatures. I turned the altar chaotic. So then I sacrificed chaotic creatures and turned the altar neutral, with the neutral god announcing "WELCOME, BELIEVER" so that probably was what reset any piety I may had with Morodwyn while Lawful.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: May 01, 2015, 03:59:05 pm »

Nudged a tree in sim mode.

Crew knocked out

Damn I know the Pz II F is fragile but not that fragile.

GLORIOUS MURRICA TREE
FOLDED 9000 GORILLION TIMES
FILTHY JAPS GO HOME
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14442 on: May 01, 2015, 07:13:02 pm »

I critically missed my sword swing, stabbed myself, got undressed, threw my sword onto the ground in a fit of dispair, and got stunned in fear while a spider ate me.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:15:11 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14443 on: May 01, 2015, 09:10:23 pm »

"You should have stopped the Hurrim slaughter! Your hesitation killed those innocent people!"

WELL MAYBE NEXT TIME GIVE ME SOMETHING OTHER THAN A FRIGGIN Y-WING SO I CAN ACTUALLY CATCH UP WITH THEM BEFORE THEY BLOW UP THAT TRANSPORT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14444 on: May 02, 2015, 03:22:20 am »

"You have received couched lance damage!"
"You have been knocked unconscious!"

Much fun playing on NORMAL MODE (Difficulty on both AI/Campaign set to 'Good' and 'Damage to self/allies' set to 'Normal'...with sliders at maximum ending at...~71% difficulty!? What happened to the rest of the 100%?).

Much fun playing against Khand lancers despite being a mounted archer of Dale myself. :I

...Trees are very deadly obstacles.
Also, battlefield awareness saves lives.

Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1571