Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244062 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14535 on: May 14, 2015, 01:55:08 pm »

Got surrounded by orcs and ran out of escape options, especially after my last scroll of phase door blinked me right into the middle of a hallway crowded with them. Got clobbered to death. I was getting confident, and so the RNG delivered unto me divine retribution. And that divine retribution was a fustercluck of stinking half orcs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: May 14, 2015, 02:36:57 pm »

A frost troll was charging me when my shouts decided "Nope, not gonna activate right now". My shout was fully charged and all that, it's like the Z key just wasn't working.

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: May 14, 2015, 08:02:50 pm »

I needed to land my aircraft on a mountain for a few scientific tests, so I went to the nearest one and somewhat successfully "landed" (A few non-essential parts might have blown off, like one of the wings, but who cares about those?). I did all the stuff I needed to do and was ready to leave, but then I thought It would be a good idea to explore the place by using my plane as a car. What I didn't knew was that one wing is apparently enough to achieve flight, so as soon as I noticed I was rising I shut down everything, but I was already going too fast and the whole thing blew off as soon as it touched the ground, forcing me to restart and travel thousands of kilometers again. -_-

FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: May 15, 2015, 04:25:43 am »

The Mothership got melted by dozens of ion beams during the first enemy attack.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: May 15, 2015, 04:47:32 am »

Mistaken identity. Got my elf torn into a dozen pieces by a half-giant soldier, a human woman and a human guard.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: May 15, 2015, 08:18:43 am »

Failed some quests for the royal family, now everybody in Sentinel seems to hate me.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: May 15, 2015, 08:59:04 am »

I got myself caught in a dead end with a literal flood of Eastman soldiers and trolls on my tail and no way to escape. Killed many Eastmen and some trolls, but still died.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: May 15, 2015, 09:06:46 am »

wholly cow Aria.

So I thought I was good.  And I may be okay.  But that is ridiculousness.  I gave it about an hour today, and I never got past seeing the second level miniboss.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: May 15, 2015, 11:13:11 am »

I quicksaved before landing on the mun, but I realized too late that I don't have enough fuel to land safely (Being on the dark side of the moon also doesn't help). I've decided to transmit everything I've got and try to save the pilot. I'll need to send a rescue mission.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:14:48 am by FArgHalfnr »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: May 15, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

What did the level 1 high elf mage say to the level 1 metallic yellow centipede? Nothing, he was too busy getting his shit wrecked by a giant bug with too many legs!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: May 15, 2015, 05:16:52 pm »

I quicksaved before landing on the mun, but I realized too late that I don't have enough fuel to land safely (Being on the dark side of the moon also doesn't help). I've decided to transmit everything I've got and try to save the pilot. I'll need to send a rescue mission.

My first Mun landing in KSP I had the struts set too high on the lander so it dipped too far down and knocked the thruster off, stranding it on the surface.  They did not make it home.
Shoes...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: May 15, 2015, 05:47:58 pm »

The best thing is sending a rescue craft, but it itself has too little fuel to leave, so you have to send an even bigger rescue craft to rescue the original strandees and the rescue crew, and that gets stranded too...

On one older version I had 6 rescue craft, all crowded together in the same crater. Thankfully after the second rescuer I realised I should probably have probes pilot them, so the sizes didn't get too ridiculous before I finally got them off the planet.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: May 15, 2015, 06:17:11 pm »

Small update on my situation: I actually managed to save him. Since I didn't have enough fuel, and I had made my last quicksave too close to the surface to use my jetpack to slow down, I decided to use the strength of my rocket's explosion as it crashed to eject my character in the air. It was a massive success, he flung as far as 134,000kms high. I was then able to slow down enough with my jetpack to land safely.
I decided not to rescue him, instead I'll send him a moon base in which he'll stay in to do science and supervise any future operation. This means that Mun now have it's first permanent resident :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: May 16, 2015, 11:15:19 am »

Tried to design a particularly large spaceplane. After numerous revisions, particularly the positions of the wings, I've found that a center of lift in front of the center of mass causes it to flip over immediately after leaving the runway, and CoL above the CoM pushes it down. I managed to put the CoL below and behind the CoM. The result: The plane crashed so hard the game did.

The best thing is sending a rescue craft, but it itself has too little fuel to leave, so you have to send an even bigger rescue craft to rescue the original strandees and the rescue crew, and that gets stranded too...

On one older version I had 6 rescue craft, all crowded together in the same crater. Thankfully after the second rescuer I realised I should probably have probes pilot them, so the sizes didn't get too ridiculous before I finally got them off the planet.

Or, you could keep send larger and larger rescue craft and eventually end up with a space elevator leading from Kerbin to the Mun.

I wonder, is there any plans in KSP for a space elevator?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: May 16, 2015, 02:29:16 pm »

I just declared it a Mun colony after team #4

Also here's another death: Made a bomber (was bored) and tried flying like my mini-jet. At least helmets are still super rubber.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 1570