Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267460 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17100 on: May 03, 2016, 05:31:59 am »

I'm no longer totally worthless on other maps, even PSS9, my previous least-favorite map of them all.

However, I have a new hatred, and its name is Neon Ruins.

There is no rhyme or reason to where enemies come from. You can walk out of your spawn and be immediately surrounded, or traverse the length of the map and not meet anybody. You'll come up behind a group of enemies, only to have yet another group of enemies come in behind you in an endless circle of being outflanked. I think spawns are just littered all over the place, rather than being grouped by, you know, teams. In a team-based game.

GitS: First Assault. Something has to break here, either I have to git gud or quit playing.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17101 on: May 03, 2016, 05:34:01 am »

I thought I had been smart by peek-a-boom-ing. Turns out it was all a trap. One minute the whole team is charging towards A, next I'm sitting alone, desperately trying to peek-a-boom my way out of a canyon while all my team are goners.

War Thunder
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17102 on: May 04, 2016, 04:34:42 am »

Barely made it back to town. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a segment of underwater(where only your very squishy healer can go) combat against hard hitting enemies that give even the tank trouble needs to be waterboarded. It doesn't help that the most common enemy on the way out can poison and I was out of cures for that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17103 on: May 04, 2016, 04:37:11 am »

One of our teammates had a ping of 200+ ms. In addition, we were going against one of the finest aimbots I've ever seen, in both Combat Arms and GitS combined.

GitS: First Assault. Yeah I'm done pretending, I hate this game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17104 on: May 04, 2016, 07:11:38 am »

I'm one of those weird people who actually likes QTEs sometimes.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ye mutant :V
I like them as well. I really don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17105 on: May 04, 2016, 07:29:35 am »

It's hard to pick out "good" QTEs but I usually don't like them in cutscenes unless they're well signposted, which RE5 is guilty of. In fact the QTEs in RE5 I would call utter shit because: your letter grade is partially judged on how many times you died and if you fail a QTE in a cutscene, you die, without exception. And letter grades determine how many exchange points you get, which you spend to buy infinite ammo upgrades for weapons. The weapons can cost up to 20,000 points, and on the second highest difficulty an S-rank earns you 2,000 points, and one death can mean you get bumped down to A-rank which is worth 1,500.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17106 on: May 04, 2016, 08:32:32 am »

I like QTEs if they're part of a combo or something else during gameplay, but random "press button in cutscene" QTEs are not good. They annoyed the hell out of me in ME2 (I cannot tell you how many paragon/renegade points I missed) and they were only slightly tolerable in RE4 because that knife fight was really awesome.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17107 on: May 04, 2016, 10:13:40 am »

Yeah same here. In RE5 there are some QTEs I appreciate, the tank controls force you into a particular style of gunplay, because they allow you to dodge big attacks from bosses and stuff during the course of normal gameplay (as in not within a scripted sequence), so you're a normal human but in this certain context you are capable of performing feats of agility to avoid being murdered, but otherwise you are a clunky flesh robot that can absolutely shitwreck anything front of it but is vulnerable to being attacked from the sides and back. My favorite QTEs are the ones that let you outfight Albert Wesker by punching the shit out of him.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:23:04 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17108 on: May 04, 2016, 11:11:20 am »

Low on health but with some good defensive items I decide to try a challenge room. I kill all waves of enemies without taking a scratch and happily walk over to the reward chest that spawns to see what I got. It was a mimic who one-shotted me as I activated it. I didn't even know they could spawn like that, I kinda figured they only showed up in the chest rooms.

Enter the Gungeon.

Really sad thing is that I have a quest to kill mimics right now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17109 on: May 05, 2016, 05:30:21 am »

A raider broke in through the wall of my refrigerator cave (I didn't know they did that,) and then threw grenades at me until I died. Everyone else survived. I had to quit my self-imposed challenge because I died. (Start with only me, get off the planet to win.)

Rimworld.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17110 on: May 05, 2016, 06:07:37 am »

i have no idea how i'm supposed to kill a rathian and a najarala at the same time, when i can't even stagger naj's legs or get a good spot to kill rathy on with a GS.

MH4U
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17111 on: May 05, 2016, 06:31:01 am »

i have no idea how i'm supposed to kill a rathian and a najarala at the same time, when i can't even stagger naj's legs or get a good spot to kill rathy on with a GS.

MH4U
I don't know if it'll work, but try using a poopbomb to scare one of them away so you can fight the other.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17112 on: May 05, 2016, 01:33:52 pm »

I like QTEs if they're part of a combo or something else during gameplay, but random "press button in cutscene" QTEs are not good. They annoyed the hell out of me in ME2 (I cannot tell you how many paragon/renegade points I missed) and they were only slightly tolerable in RE4 because that knife fight was really awesome.
I actually like the QTEs in mass effect 2. The interruptions typically had some warning they were going to happen, they were present for a decent amount of time, and they were only one of two buttons which didn't change. They didn't need button mashing, either.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #17113 on: May 05, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »

Hit twenty times, critted only once on a 15% chance on each hit. Nevermind that criticals are my primary source of damage.

Dota 2.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17114 on: May 05, 2016, 03:23:43 pm »

I managed to die in the tutorial. When there weren't even any enemies shooting at me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 1139 1140 [1141] 1142 1143 ... 1571