Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267825 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17115 on: May 05, 2016, 03:48:32 pm »

Fighting the Balder Knight up the stairs in the Undead Church and thought, for whatever reason, that I could get past its parry stance.
I did not, and it neatly drained the rest of my health in one riposte.

Dark Souls
Black lives matter.

AdeptusEldritchus

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Needs Cthulhu to get through the working day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17116 on: May 05, 2016, 07:33:10 pm »

(Realm of the Mad God)

Teleported straight into a medusa. At level four.

Got two fame from it, though!
"I've realized that there are only two things that matter. Power - as much as you can muster - and style. And in a pinch...style can slide."
- Xykon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17117 on: May 07, 2016, 12:54:20 pm »

This is my first and only round so far:
First turn I reveal an enemy with my last move.  It walks up and murders the marine...  Cool, lesson learned.  Others head down the elevator.
Get a replacement marine, nice.
See an enemy, fire on it three times.  It walks up and murders a marine.
See two enemies out of range, so I use overwatch.  They walk up through the overwatch fire and kill the marines.
Last marine is screwed
...So, that was a thing.

Steam Marines

Also:  Spring has finally arrived!  I shove aside some of my winter industry to make a nice 15x9 area of 3x3 plots.  Scarecrows look good, I can water later, now for seeds- Oh crap it's 5PM!  Fortunately the map says Pierre closes at 6, phew.  I hurry over and... Pierre is wandering around the aisles during business hours.  I wait around but he doesn't return to the register.  Dammit Pierre.

Best part, I talk to him and he says:  "If you need seeds, you've come to the right place! :D"
I almost buy from Joja mart instead (wouldn't be the first time) but this is just too absurd.  I reset the day.
Stardew Valley
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17118 on: May 08, 2016, 11:09:11 am »

Couldn't find the lever in time, resulting in Jill becoming a meme.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17119 on: May 08, 2016, 11:24:48 am »

Of all the plot points to carry over from previous games, Ozwell Spencer is obviously the best choice. [/sarcasm]
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17120 on: May 08, 2016, 01:40:10 pm »

The thin man was standing in overwatch, so I sent out my scout, who has a 90% evasion bonus against reaction fire, to dodge-tank the shot.

From 20 tiles away, the thin man's reaction shot hits and kills him instantly.

Come ON, scoutbro! You had a 90% chance to dodge! The odds were IN YOUR FAVOR!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17121 on: May 08, 2016, 01:50:10 pm »

I buy a gem as WW, because I've only died once and they have multiple invis heroes.  I get lightly criticized by my team for not buying dust instead.

Very first fight I use the gem in, their alchemist, who has done nothing the entire game, runs through the fight ignoring everything else, pops enrage, and hits me repeatedly.  He bought a MKB since we last fought apparently, since he stunned me so often I couldn't finish the cast animation on Cold Embrace.  My team recovered the gem and won, but damn if there wasn't egg on my face.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17122 on: May 08, 2016, 03:06:55 pm »

Spoiler: Ah, the memories (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Oh, whoops, that'll teach me to skim.  New Londo and ghost ambushes, not Anor Londo and...well, that's something to look forward to. ^_^
I NEVER COULD HAVE IMAGINED A HELL SO GODDAMN EFFECTIVE
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17123 on: May 08, 2016, 03:14:10 pm »

Yep. Yeeeeep. :v

This is when you cheese the game because wading through the bullshit is not worth it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17124 on: May 08, 2016, 03:17:54 pm »

I mean, it is easy to go around the right side so the left archer can't hit me, but then I get to experience Blocking Arrows And Falling Off Ledges Simulator 2011.
Black lives matter.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17125 on: May 08, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »

You can't, because unless you get very lucky and the knight falls to his death it's impossible to go straight there.
I really only died once to the arrows because I forgot they were there. I killed the knight on the right once, but the other one bested me in a contest of swordsmanship, I fell off twice..
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17126 on: May 08, 2016, 03:38:40 pm »

Why did you go fight the other one? You only need to kill the one on the right.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17127 on: May 08, 2016, 03:45:23 pm »

I had a good character with lots of resistances, AC, etc and was looking for my third rune in the Abyss. After wandering around on Abyss:3, I got slaughtered by a reaper (a tier-2 demon with a reaching scythe) that was behind some other weaker enemies.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17128 on: May 08, 2016, 03:45:57 pm »

Why did you go fight the other one? You only need to kill the one on the right.

Revenge.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17129 on: May 08, 2016, 04:20:51 pm »

I had a good character with lots of resistances, AC, etc and was looking for my third rune in the Abyss. After wandering around on Abyss:3, I got slaughtered by a reaper (a tier-2 demon with a reaching scythe) that was behind some other weaker enemies.

Huh, have they buffed reapers in the latest version? Because from what I recall they're pretty weak as far as tier-2 demons go, particularly by the time you're likely to be scouring the Abyss for a rune. Or did it have a branded scythe?

Not knocking you, it just sounds like the kind of death there'd be a story behind. Given that it's the Abyss, probably involving endless bad mutations from those bloody wretched stars!

There may have been a buff. I had rC+++ (Gold dragon armor + mutation + the fixedart hat that gives all the resistances), almost no negative mutations, and 35 AC and still took 33 damage as a killing blow from a +0 Scythe of Freezing.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 1140 1141 [1142] 1143 1144 ... 1571