Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2268015 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17235 on: May 21, 2016, 08:03:44 am »

Wait, is this your failure or the game's failure?

Anyway, time to describe my own death, which, interestingly enough, is in the same game panels three through six come from.

I lost my first ship today -- Shirayuki.

I had tried to bite off more than I (or more accurately, my fleet) could chew when I sortied zone 1-4 -- none of my ships were above level ten -- and I paid the price. None of the ships had any remarkable anti-air capability, and it's a small wonder Nagatsuki wasn't sunk, as her sinking protection had been lost as well...

THere's nothing I can do about this except replace the empty position with a new ship and try to be more cautious when picking sorties, to avoid this kind of fiasco in the future...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17236 on: May 21, 2016, 06:12:14 pm »

Climbing weird mountains and jumping back down to go elsewhere faster is a bad idea if you forgot you had "Enable Damage" ticked.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17237 on: May 21, 2016, 08:31:47 pm »

Died on 7-1. To a leaping-thing. FFFFFFUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAGH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17238 on: May 22, 2016, 12:00:43 pm »

I cannot dance. At all.

Had to kill 50 heavily-armed gang members(and their dogs) while trying to avoid all the idiot civvies running around. Had 47 of them dead(and no civilian kills) when one suddenly appears behind me and kills me in less than a second - just enough time to turn around.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17239 on: May 22, 2016, 12:53:20 pm »

My biggest gripe with Hearthstone continues to be the fact that card draw can screw you over so badly. In this case, my opponent pulled a couple of very lucky sequences.

My second biggest gripe is the significant extant to which being new means you suck by default. Admittedly, it makes sense, but that doesn't make it any less annoying that keep fetching up against decks that seem to be mostly legendaries. It is very satisfying to pound them into the dirt, though.

Hearthstone, of course.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17240 on: May 22, 2016, 01:18:02 pm »

I feel like clearing six legendaries in a row, with at least two legendaries on the field every turn, should count as a partial victory at least.

In lieu of you know, having reasonable limits on how many legendaries you can have in your deck.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17241 on: May 22, 2016, 07:19:35 pm »

The enchantment failed and your gem was destroyed.

et cetera.

Morrowind

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17242 on: May 22, 2016, 10:48:34 pm »

The game started out fairly promisingly, my boyz using the cover from the large rock formation in the centre of the battlefield to recover a few scattered pieces of scrap, then scrambling back aboard my vehicles as my opponents' mob rounded the corner. It even kept going well, as despite narrowly missing an awesome T-bone ram on my opponent's trukk, it promptly strayed in front of my Trakk's 'Eavy Shoota and I managed to break the engine's Gammy shaft with a well placed bullet, immobilising it and meaning it had a 1/6 chance to explode at the beginning of each subsequent turn. It promptly did, scattering orkz across the desert and dishing out a few wounds, though most of them were soaked up by the toughness or meatiness of his boyz. Unfortunately, that single burst of fire caused an ammo jam in my 'eavy shoota, taking my only effective gun out of the game.

Not to worry, I thought. One of our previous games was decided by my leader disembarking from his ride and hacking his way through half of my opponents' mob before he finally bottled out. I just needed to do the same thing again. I moved into position to get the charge off... and my opponent spoiled it all by having his own leader clamber onto the trakk and fight him in close combat, barely winning and kicking him off his own ride with a flesh wound. My own boyz, including my slaver, counterboarded from my trukk; clambering aboard and giving my opponent the boot, though the single wounding hit I made on him was saved by his 'Eavy Armour. Meanwhile, my own leader was ignoring his wounds and had charged into the teeth of my opponent's mob, beating down one of his boyz and following up into two more. As all this happened, my Trakk (with my opponent's leader still aboard, fighting against my slaver and my boyz) managed to get a solid T-bone ram into my opponent's other vehicle, the bike his Boss had been riding. It was a solid hit, forcing a spin and causing the driver to go head over heels over the handlebars, hitting the ground with a nasty splat.

Then it started to go wrong. The out of control bike promptly careened through the combat, scattering orks via dodging or impact but doing no damage. The scattering meant that my leader was no longer in combat, however, which meant his sole defense against being filled full of lead had just disappeared. My opponent knew it as well and set up a gunline, using sheer weight of fire to down the raging Nob. I disembarked all of my orkz aside from my drivers and my sniper grot, charging no less than 3 of them into my opponent's Nob in an effort to down the git in revenge. It worked out, but the positioning meant that I had the majority of my gang in the middle of the desert with no cover, just after a morka gunline finished shooting down my leader. It didn't go as badly as I'd feared, my Yoof ate a frag grenade, but the 2nd went wide and the guns of the other orks failed to wound. I pressed my advantage, my shooters taking shots at the gunline in return, and my Slaver charging into combat with two of them, feeling that the combination of the charge and his whip would give him a good chance of victory. It didn't. He rolled badly and was immediately knifed. My opponent made his bottle roll to avoid running away, gave me a few more useless sprays of fire, and it was my turn again. I rolled my bottle... and failed it wildly, my Boyz turning tail and running at the first opportunity.

We rolled up injuries. I captured his Leader, but the other 2 of his orks out of action at the end of the game rolled full recoveries. My own injuries were impressive scars on my boss (Really useful!)... and both the grenaded yoof and the slaver who got beaten in combat rolled dead. Ouch.

Gorkamorka

We're playing via vassal, and if anyone fancies giving it a go. Just drop me a PM and I can send you the rules.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17243 on: May 23, 2016, 05:16:15 am »

I tried to install a second Ion Burst into my Torus. Turns out you need a little of scrap for that... so much that you get to the point where you start meeting double- and triple- shielded Zoltan cruisers (have I mentioned I hate them?) before you have the requisite scrap. It could have been glorious, though.

“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17244 on: May 23, 2016, 05:21:14 am »

Apparently, heavily-armed-but-not-armored women do not fare well against [armored undead Japense samurai with naginatas]. Lara, meet impalement.
...Ouch.

Tomb Raider 2015
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17245 on: May 23, 2016, 08:20:54 am »

Tried to melee a synth. Turns out that's a bad idea. After nearly dying, I shot it in the head.

Then I had to hack three consoles(with three different minigames), upon which the game tried to go to a cutscene. And crashed.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17246 on: May 23, 2016, 08:29:02 am »

Tried to melee a synth. Turns out that's a bad idea. After nearly dying, I shot it in the head.

Then I had to hack three consoles(with three different minigames), upon which the game tried to go to a cutscene. And crashed.

I think the easiest way to deal with them is to stunbaton them in the arse, and then wallop them to death while they're having a seizure.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17247 on: May 23, 2016, 01:16:31 pm »

Had my deployed and shielded Sunderer destroyed in one shot, and I was killed in the blast while I was standing next to it. The same guy had also one-shotted two Prowlers and few more Sunderers.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #17248 on: May 23, 2016, 02:27:55 pm »

I've only ever seen one obvious hacker in Planetside 2. He was an NC with an Archer that could one-hit tanks and was moving around at warp factor 4.

Everyone, especially his fellow NC, were yelling at him, telling him he sucked.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17249 on: May 23, 2016, 02:49:54 pm »

et cetera.

Morrowind

Duuuude.

If youre doing a legit enchantment in morrowind you gotta start with like slowfall 1 point for 1 second on self when used.  Then youve got to work your way up slowly, making more crap like that (actually, slowfall 1p1s is fairly useful; carrying a slowfall 2p2s is standard for me) and selling them.

Then, you make intelligent fortifiers or abuse th dickens out of the alchemy system.
  Its expensive, and has to be carfully planned, but it works.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 [1150] 1151 1152 ... 1571