Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244814 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #17250 on: May 23, 2016, 02:57:02 pm »

Or, y'now, paying a trainer for enough levels to get started?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17251 on: May 23, 2016, 03:30:27 pm »

That's how I got all my lockpicking levels as a tanky warrior-type character.

I mean, I got the gold by abusing the Caius Cosades glitch, but still. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17252 on: May 25, 2016, 03:02:30 am »

The Dermapteran Hive Queen made a very fine Duriel impression to my arcanist's face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17253 on: May 25, 2016, 06:56:47 am »

I discovered that pressing alt-f4 to exit the game while in the pause menu will cause all the buttons to disappear and controls to stop working, leaving the game stuck until you close it from the task manager.

VTM: Bloodlines. I'm still waiting to experience something like that one post a long time ago, where all the elevator buttons were replaced with pizza slices.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17254 on: May 25, 2016, 12:15:07 pm »

I'd like to go to floor pizza, please.

Also, I bothered starting as a khan, so everyone adjacent to me instantly declared war on me. I think I may have made it to the end of the month.
Crusader Kings 2

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17255 on: May 25, 2016, 04:01:36 pm »

I got 4 achievements in 3 minutes!

Those achivements were:
That'll do, pig... (Lose a hero a boss mechanic that does next to no damage)
No retreat, no quarter...  (Full party wipe)
What is already Dead Cannot Die (Survive 5 attacks while at 0 hp in a single fight)
More blood soaks the soil... (Full party wipe on a boss.)

I think my biggest contribution to locking in those achievements was trying to pull the little guy to the front once the fight started going south.  That instantly upgrades the southbound ticket from a bus ticket to Miami, to a flight on a concord jet to Antarctica.

Darkest Dungeon
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:06:29 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17256 on: May 25, 2016, 05:28:01 pm »

The enchantment failed and your gem was destroyed.

et cetera.

Morrowind

Duuuude.

If youre doing a legit enchantment in morrowind you gotta start with like slowfall 1 point for 1 second on self when used.  Then youve got to work your way up slowly, making more crap like that (actually, slowfall 1p1s is fairly useful; carrying a slowfall 2p2s is standard for me) and selling them.

Then, you make intelligent fortifiers or abuse th dickens out of the alchemy system.
  Its expensive, and has to be carfully planned, but it works.
I know that. I was complaining because it failed a lot, not because I'm too dumb to know how to make it not fail. I'm working on it.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17257 on: May 25, 2016, 05:28:01 pm »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:30:16 pm by IronTomato »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17258 on: May 25, 2016, 05:28:02 pm »

I hate my phone so fucking much
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:29:39 pm by IronTomato »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17259 on: May 25, 2016, 06:01:19 pm »

God damn you French jackasses! I hate you! Stop demanding I attack my military allies even though I hate you! Stop building cities on my pathetic peninsula!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17260 on: May 25, 2016, 07:48:07 pm »

alien Vendetta's secret level

Brutal Doom
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17261 on: May 26, 2016, 03:35:30 am »

Escaping from the Sabbat warehouse is difficult when your way in (through the roof) cannot also be used as a way back out. Even though there's two chains dangling from the ceiling that look totally climbable, right next to where you drop down next to the office door :-\

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I really like the role-playing elements. I like the town and the NPCs and world-building. But God the combat is atrocious. Like Deus Ex, it's proven much more satisfying to pretend that this is a stealth game. Except Deus Ex actually got kind of fun as a shooter, once you decently upgraded the pistol and had a few combat augs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17262 on: May 26, 2016, 03:42:01 am »

Ha, I died the exact same way.
Thaumaturgy 1 was kinda pathetic compared to dominate 1.  But neither were any use on the escape, so I upgraded melee from 1 to 3.  With that and the fire axe I got out fairly easily.
I also died to the blood guardian once, mostly due to wasting time on thaumaturgy 1.

Thaumaturgy 2 looks terrible, though maybe it would have (expensively) stunned the sabbat.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17263 on: May 26, 2016, 03:50:56 am »

I haven't been upgrading my powers, but I usually forget to use them anyway.

I thought Brujah might be interesting to play as, but this is swiftly proving not to be the case. I've encountered about one Brujah-specific moment from the beginning of the game to blowing up the warehouse, and it's just a single line.

I might have to try Nosferatu next. Or the one that vomits if it drinks blood from bums, rats or prostitutes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17264 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:17 am »

I've only encountered one (or two) Tremere-specific dialog options.  Having dominate has offered some options though, even just 1 point.
(I don't know what Tremere have in vanilla, I'm playing the excellent patch.  Though the patch is completely incompatible with vanilla saves)

My first (and only full) playthrough was Nosferatu on vanilla, and it was *fun*.  Combat was easy, and dialogs were simple - yet everything hinted at more options being just out of reach.  This playthrough as a powerful yet haughty Tremere is proving that true.  Without any social graces, my scholarship skill is letting me intimidate my way through several situations. 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1149 1150 [1151] 1152 1153 ... 1570