Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2267082 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18750 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:57 pm »

You know the weird Undead guy who sits on the carpet? He sells arrows. Go back to the ramparts you came to before the first Undead Burg bonfire and onto the platform with the two guys holding spears and black shields. He's down the stairs.

Also, you're probably fighting a Black Knight. At this point in the game (and with your apparent skills, no offense intended) you probably won't be able to defeat him. It's not a big deal, since he stays in his little hidey hole and won't respawn if you actually do manage to kill him.
Yeah this is probably him!  I didn't find him on my first few runs, I was kinda exploring.  He was down underneath a path, I think.
And no offense taken (:  I did hit him, but I didn't see any difference between his double attack and triple attack...  Actually, it's gratifying to know he's optional challenge content.
Again, I'm way too exhausted to be playing a game that's famously (if fairly) challenging.

And oh, I didn't realize that guy was a shop.  That's good to know, thanks.  If nothing else, I have collected a bit of redundant equipment to sell.  And some levels (I've only doubledeathed twice).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18751 on: February 23, 2017, 05:41:14 pm »

.....Unfortunately, you can't sell anything to anyone until you've
Spoiler: rung the (click to show/hide)
and gotten past the first major portion of the game. Sorry. ): He does sell an item that allows you to shove all your unnecessary crap away at any bonfire though, if all that extra stuff is annoying to sift through all the time.
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18752 on: February 23, 2017, 05:42:13 pm »

Just so you know, behind the Black Knight is a ring that raises Defense when you're low on health (I think below 30%? Never used it). Up to you if you think it's worth it or not.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18753 on: February 23, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »

Yeah, the Blue Tearstone Ring. There's a Red one that does the same but for damage, too. Dunno where it can be found.
If you find yourself at low health a lot, and think it's worth the suicide rush, the BTR is good for eliminating a little bit of chip damage from < 100% block shields.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18754 on: February 23, 2017, 05:48:00 pm »

Just so you know, behind the Black Knight is a ring that raises Defense when you're low on health (I think below 30%? Never used it). Up to you if you think it's worth it or not.
Maybe once the Taurus demon is down.  Which won't be today, fuck I'm tired
Oh, no, I don't have *that* much.  I've just played so much Diablo and Borderlands (and soooo many SNES JRPGS before) that I feel a strong impulse to sell loot.  Regardless of the money... must sell >.>
Buying arrows (even for souls/XP, I guess) is plenty.

Anyway um sorry for hogging the thread, aheh...
I also died like a dozen times in Spec Ops the Line, because it's surprisingly hard on normal (and I never played Gears of War, or got used to such cover shooters).
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18755 on: February 23, 2017, 05:52:53 pm »

Taurus Demon is basically there to teach you how to roll and avoid attack hitboxes. Just start the battle with a plunge attack and then evade his attacks on the ground level. If nothing else, you are faster than him (especially if you remove all your armor for as little equip load as possible) so kite him to where he appears from, then turn around and sprint back for the tower. You should have enough time to get back up on top and plunge him again.

and before sb says anything yes i know that's a noob strategy that's why i'm giving it to a noob :V
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18756 on: February 23, 2017, 05:59:29 pm »

Why would I diss the strategy I myself used? :P
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18757 on: February 23, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »

Taurus Demon is basically there to teach you how to roll and avoid attack hitboxes. Just start the battle with a plunge attack and then evade his attacks on the ground level. If nothing else, you are faster than him (especially if you remove all your armor for as little equip load as possible) so kite him to where he appears from, then turn around and sprint back for the tower. You should have enough time to get back up on top and plunge him again.

and before sb says anything yes i know that's a noob strategy that's why i'm giving it to a noob :V
But the first boss (Asylum demon?) was literally that, teaching that this was a dodge-attacks game...
The game seemed to be telegraphing that I was supposed to downplunge this guy a few times.  Which is why I :/ when that only worked once...  And in attempting to do it a second time, I was critically wounded by him *climbing*.  Seemed like a dishonest gotcha...

Edit:  But perhaps it is a game of exactly that, subverting- betraying- expectations it intentionally sets up.
She/they

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18758 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17:52 pm »

They want you to learn that lesson a few times to make sure you know it, since shield-turtling is generally an attractive but less-effective option; you can guaranteed avoid damage (or at least most of it, depending on attack type and the shield's resistances), but if you blow through your stamina you'll take more damage during the guard break animation and you won't have as much to strike back with. Once you git gud you'll prefer rolling because you'll have way more stamina to strike back with.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18759 on: February 23, 2017, 09:57:57 pm »

Though I beat him properly since then, my first victory against the Taurus Demon occurred when he jumped off the bridge and died.

Happy to win, but it was a bit of a blow to my ego... Was he that fed up with me already? :P

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18760 on: February 23, 2017, 10:01:27 pm »

Stepped into a fire trapon floor 24 and died in sight of the down stairway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18761 on: February 23, 2017, 10:03:36 pm »

I decided to try the newest Rimworld version with the SK modpack.
When I started a new colony, a piece of the ship fell on a building.
It had robots. Everyone took railgun to the face.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18762 on: February 23, 2017, 11:42:35 pm »

I decided to try the newest Rimworld version with the SK modpack.
When I started a new colony, a piece of the ship fell on a building.
It had robots. Everyone took railgun to the face.

Wait, the ship you evacuated from or something?

That's how Rimworld starts, right?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18763 on: February 24, 2017, 12:42:11 am »

Well, normally you just land in escape pods. I'd intuit that the mod adds an event which crashes/spawns a ship segment that robots flood out of.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18764 on: February 24, 2017, 01:29:42 am »

I tried doing a Snatch mission, then remembered why I prefer Professor Genki: Snatch is hard.

It's not so bad, except for the final stretch. The hos take forever and a half to get into the car. In the meantime, Morningstar kept on arriving by the carload, knocking my own car around and ragdolling the hos so it takes them even longer to get in.

Finally, I just said "fuck it" and abandoned my car for something a bit beefier. I tossed a grenade into the middle of the Morningstar huddle. The blast knocked one of the wrecked cars directly on top of me. At half health, and with the fire damage afterwards, I didn't survive.

Saints Row 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 1571