Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2265583 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19230 on: May 16, 2017, 09:41:13 pm »

>Missile weapon
>Dying to shields
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: May 16, 2017, 09:48:24 pm »

> Zoltan shield

Edit:  And obviously I didn't die, but it was a shitty start so I reset.
Hey, I play on normal, and early failures are magnified by the game design.  It's somewhat rogue-like.  You're expected to start strong or die.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:50:20 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: May 16, 2017, 10:24:09 pm »

Well, I haven't died *yet*, but I'm fairly close to death on four legs now.  When I started, I built my first (and thus far only) base on a cliff overlooking a river and the beach near my spawn point.  A wild brontosaur soon set up its own home near me, which I found amusing enough to allow, especially since I had no way of chasing off a sauropod so much larger than I and it didn't seem inclined to crush everything I owned.  One morning, I walked out of my base to watch it dying to a spinosaurus/dimetrodon (haven't gotten close enough to confirm which, for obvious reasons) that had come down the river and must have made its way around the beach under the cliffin the night.  I now have a massive apex predator capable of taking down one of the largest sauropods in the game camped out near my front door, and right next to the raft that was supposed to serve as my emergency bug-out plan.

EDIT:
Hee, my first time forgetting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 01:20:00 am by Culise »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: May 16, 2017, 11:23:32 pm »

Shaundi: "Are you fucking high?"
Boss (Male Voice 1): "You know what I like about you, Shaundi? Your name. Is it Irish?
Shaundi: "I'm gonna die, great..."

Boss: *Dies*

Also died several times defending the hideout because I'm more fragile than I think I am and didn't bring any food.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19234 on: May 16, 2017, 11:56:37 pm »

Well, I haven't died *yet*, but I'm fairly close to death on four legs now.  When I started, I built my first (and thus far only) base on a cliff overlooking a river and the beach near my spawn point.  A wild brontosaur soon set up its own home near me, which I found amusing enough to allow, especially since I had no way of chasing off a sauropod so much larger than I and it didn't seem inclined to crush everything I owned.  One morning, I walked out of my base to watch it dying to a spinosaurus/dimetrodon (haven't gotten close enough to confirm which, for obvious reasons) that had come down the river and must have made its way around the beach under the cliffin the night.  I now have a massive apex predator capable of taking down one of the largest sauropods in the game camped out near my front door, and right next to the raft that was supposed to serve as my emergency bug-out plan.
ARK?

METEORSSSS
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:55:10 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19235 on: May 17, 2017, 12:59:20 am »

I went back to the land of Skyrim, since that's my go-to game when nothing else sounds fun. I couldn't remember what I was doing though.

Turns out I was fighting Malkoran. As in he's literally right there, around the corner and coming for me, and I have no health and very few potions. One glacial spike later and I ded.

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:14 am »

ARK?

METEORSSSS
Aye, and my error seems very apropos for the game, all considered.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19237 on: May 18, 2017, 07:08:33 pm »

Managed to get to the entrance to Port Valbury at level 49, and the boss guarding the gate is level 55. Since I managed to defeat it, I decide to go in thinking that 55 would also be the level of the dungeon's boss. Doing pretty well, get past the first sub-area, the foundations, pretty easy. Then I encounter four level 55 flesh hulks in a tiny space in the very next sub-area. My death was quick.

Grim Dawn
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: May 18, 2017, 08:08:55 pm »

I forgot that fliers can go over mountains. Felicia got destroyed without a fight in the tight quarters, and Donnel got beat up quite a bit taking them out.

Fire Emblem Heroes.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19239 on: May 21, 2017, 07:25:53 pm »

The gunboat design I've been working on for several days turned out to be a complete piece of shit. The main deck gun does little damage, the shields act as though they are not even there(at strength 5), and even a slight thump causes the entire ammo storage to explode - one time the entire ship(well, half of it anyway) flew dozens of feet into the air. Can't get close enough to hit with torpedoes, although I did figure out how to extend their range underwater(fuel tanks, didn't see those before).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19240 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:10 pm »

Dear God... I don't know if it's the mods or just being somehow unprepared but the Prothryn just ate me alive. My main battle fleet was capable of tanking seven of theirs without a break, but then the bulwark began to weaken. I took the galactic defender perk just to try and get an edge, and I made it through another few hundred thousand of their fleet power before it become clear my fleet had to withdraw. So I withdrew to my homeworld, thinking I could build a few more dreads and restore my fleetpower before defending the rim again.

Then they start hitting my homeworld. Fleet after fleet, strike after strike. Our boys scattered their blood across the system, but it wasn't enough. There were always more, and we finally perished under a joint assault.

Battle fleet gone, I'm not really sure how to come back from this. There are so many of their 60-70k fleets roaming around, and no one near us has a chance in hell. I was doing fine against the awakened empire, but... not these bastards.

Stellaris

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19241 on: May 21, 2017, 08:52:26 pm »

Tried the mission again, this time with a significantly larger stock ship, the DWG Ransack, with several massive, automated gun turrets. Still shot to pieces. Not feeling so bad about my own gunboat's performance.

One attempt, a 4-barrel autocannon on the rear of the ship fired repeatedly into the control room... with me in it. The last attempt, I stood by that cannon to prevent that and let the AI handle the ship. I thought the battle was going well until I noticed the ship was nose straight-up. I climbed to the front of the ship only to realize there was no more front of the ship.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: May 21, 2017, 10:31:44 pm »

Troodons.  They were a menace in Jurassic Park, and they're pretty nasty here as well.  After a grueling journey into the interior where I accidentally got lost (orienting myself only because I spotted an obelisk), I made it to the shores east of my home base, at which point I ran into something like four of the creatures.  I managed to get partially into the water before their bite overcame my stimulants and knocked me out, at which point I drowned. On the bright side, that made body retrieval fairly easy, even at night with the pack still sitting on the shore.  On the down side, I still, you know, died.

EDIT: Amusingly, I just remembered that my very first death in this game, the very first time I booted it up, was also to Trudies.  Same area, too: right near the south beach spawn points on the first night when I loitered a bit too long without constructing shelter. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:35:25 pm by Culise »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: May 22, 2017, 02:21:53 am »

I try to bring Cecilia along whenever I need a green unit, and it's just not working out. Being mounted makes her too mobile for her own good, since she's so fragile. I'm trying to level her up so I can quit treating her with kid gloves but she just gets obliterated whenever I try to put her in combat.

Fire Emblem: Heroes.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: May 22, 2017, 07:22:27 am »

I went back to the land of Skyrim, since that's my go-to game when nothing else sounds fun. I couldn't remember what I was doing though.

Turns out I was fighting Malkoran. As in he's literally right there, around the corner and coming for me, and I have no health and very few potions. One glacial spike later and I ded.

Skyrim.

FUCKING MALKORAN. I hated him so much. And then, just when you think it's over, he gets back up.
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 1571