Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245170 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19590 on: September 08, 2017, 03:27:18 am »

And that's why you get Laser Weapons as your first research topic ;v

Unless the terror mission happened in January or so, then damn, that's some bad luck.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19591 on: September 08, 2017, 03:38:40 am »

SerCon - Today at 1:17 AM
Fucking LEGENDARY Super Mutant Suiciders that mutate after you unload a whole magazine into them.

Fallout 4.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: September 08, 2017, 03:46:13 am »

And that's why you get Laser Weapons as your first research topic ;v

Unless the terror mission happened in January or so, then damn, that's some bad luck.
Also why you carry smoke grenades and stun rods everywhere.  Cyberdisk shows up, shoot it with everything and then drop smokes on your own position.  Things get psi-ca-delic, stun the victim and then carry them back into the transport to retreat.  (or try your luck against psi I guess, probably not going to be good luck tho...)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19593 on: September 08, 2017, 02:23:59 pm »

SerCon - Today at 1:17 AM
Fucking LEGENDARY Super Mutant Suiciders that mutate after you unload a whole magazine into them.

Fallout 4.
Just shoot their arm so they explode.
Problem solved.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19594 on: September 08, 2017, 02:27:19 pm »

Indeed.
Black lives matter.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19595 on: September 10, 2017, 03:13:57 am »

snipped.

Still means that massed fire will kill one, so not immune.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19596 on: September 10, 2017, 03:20:19 am »

If you read my previous post, you will find that I did acknowledge that.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19597 on: September 10, 2017, 03:47:44 am »

It does indeed, but it could have been better presented, I wasn't trying to knock you down.  I was pointing out for other readers that if you have no other recourse on a terror mission where cyberdiscs are present and you have only rifles (and I completely understand why some players choose to do that, I've done it myself), you can in fact kill those cyberdiscs, but it will be tedious and probably very costly.

Edit: I realized that this was a bit overly aggressive, and have revised it in hopes that it is less so, I am not trying to start an argument with anyone.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:01:24 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19598 on: September 10, 2017, 04:17:04 am »

So, it turns out Victoria 2 hasn't got the system that later Paradox games has where demands cannot be forced on you without them getting warscore against you.

France decided to pull me into a great war, and apparently expected me to carry them because they folded over faster than a house of cards in a hurricane. Because France was fully occupied within mere moments, they forced their demands, humiliating me and forcing me to release various nations.

Because yeah, the number 1 great power is going to fold over at that, aren't they?
Victoria 2 is great at peace.  Not so great at war... well.  The devs got the "war is hell" bit, but for the wrong reasons.  At least global crisis can be suitably epic even if it often boils down to "fuck central Europe in particular."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19599 on: September 10, 2017, 08:05:04 pm »

On one hand, I sucessfully pressed my claim on the Abbasid Empire which was weakened by the successful Shia revolt.
On the other hand, basically all my holdings revert to county level upon my death, and I don't know why, seeing as my highest level title, the Persian Empire, is iqta, i have a valid son, and i'm not above the vassal limit.
No amount of save scumming has found the cause for this so far.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19600 on: September 11, 2017, 04:52:18 pm »

Played for a bit after ignoring it for a few months. I spend a good while hunting boars because I needed their hides(the grind is real), and after figuring out that the correct workshop for butchering them is the tailor's workshop - why that I have no idea, but at least they've separated individual crafts to different tables - and get the hides but before I process them, I notice an option for "disassembling" them. Turns out there's no confirmation, it erases the entire stack, and (presumably) only gives the result of one.

All that time wasted, yay.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: September 11, 2017, 11:03:48 pm »

Damn Falx Carius and damn his cudgel. Chaos damage is an obscenity.

TESV:Dragonborn
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: September 12, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »

After looking up a guide and about ten painstaking minutes of the persuasion minigame, I finally convince Carius to talk to me about Raynil Dralas and his supposed vampire-hunting.

Then the game crashed. I didn't save after raising his disposition or advancing the quest. I think my longest crash-free session was two hours maybe, with all patches official and unofficial.

TESIV: Oblivion.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: September 12, 2017, 05:32:16 pm »

Started as Muscovy.

Took Tver (vassalised them, but whatevs) and then Yaroslav and Ryazan.

Novgorod declared war on Tver, I came in on their side, did rather well, I thought, to hold 'em back on my Northern border.

The Golden Horde decide to take the opportunity to take me from behind, the dirty bastards, and declare war on my Southern border.

I immediately ask for a white peace from Novgorod, and due to their skyrocketing war exhaustion, they accept, allowing me to focus on the significantly larger Mongol army. I field 14k troops, versus their ~30k.

I have my troops in one stack (muy importante for later) and am basically doing a whack-a-Mongol as they take and I retake my various provinces. My war exhaustion goes up and up. And up. Oh god it's still going... so many revolts man, I lose provinces to the rebels.

Anyway, I manage to retake enough of my provinces and smash their armies enough to get 1% warscore, which is enough to get a White Peace with them. I retake the provinces from the rebels.

Unfortunately my truce with Novgorod had expired, allowing them to declare war on me from the North once again.

Now proceeds the same whack-a-Russian as they take and I retake provinces and UTTERLY DECIMATE THEIR ARMIES HAHAHAHA. So many peasants, just go away for fuck sake. I take one province from the Novgorods and all their money in the peace deal.

Unfortunately my truce with the Golden Horde had expired, allowing them to declare war- you get the picture.

Whack-a-Mongol, peasant revolts. I decide to take out a new peasant revolt in passing them, and the Golden Horde move in and camp out around the edges of the battle, watching. Waiting.

I assume, anyway, their huge stack of 25k troops sit there as I smash some rebels. I win the fight, and IMMEDIATELY lose to the Golden Horde, and my entire army disappears.

Well, fuck that, game.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: September 12, 2017, 05:47:21 pm »

For my death, I had a soldier with truly glorious special perks.  A ranger with run and gun, death from above, raining bullets, and rupture.  Wielding a shard gun with a superior autoloader, superior scope, superior hair trigger, incendiary ammo, and standard extended mag.  For reference, she kills as a free action if she's firing from above, has two firing abilities one of which lets her land perfectly accurate shotgun shots from a mile away through cover, she can dash across the map and still shoot, and if her gun somehow doesn't suffice she can pull out her superheated machete.

I have no doubt that if she survived to reach Colonel rank (she was only Lieutenant) Icepick could have wiped out an army singlehandedly.  Without spoiling anything in my first encounter with the Warlock he already had a bunch of abilities and I had no idea how to deal with any of them.  Things went very pear shaped and I sent Icepick to the head of the squad to take him on.  She hit with rupture for a fuckton of damage, a +damage debuff, and lit him on fire all in one shot.  Sadly the [redacted] that he summoned charged in, flanked her by only a single tile, and crit her.  RIP Icepick, I don't know if your sacrifice was avoidable but it saved the squad anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 1570