Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2260463 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19605 on: September 12, 2017, 07:19:08 pm »

Apparently even grapple-boosting isn't fast enough to dodge eight snipers, even wielded by simple thugs. By the time I realized "oh shit, that's a lot of red beams surrounding me", it was too late.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: September 12, 2017, 07:23:41 pm »

It was obviously a bloody trap :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: September 12, 2017, 08:42:17 pm »

I don't remember if you can dodge sniper shots.  You can definitely slide or roll behind cover to dodge assault rifles (emphasis on "behind cover").
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: September 15, 2017, 08:50:26 pm »

A room with about 20 thugs, several with shields, a few knives, a couple of stun prods, and a TITAN. The Boy Wonder cannot keep up.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: September 15, 2017, 10:03:29 pm »

Each special attack bind does about the same thing for each character.  All of them have their first special as an instant takedown, then they have an AOE attack (for Robin I believe its grabbing and throwing an enemy), then they have a ground attack (for Robin I believe its spinning his staff around to sweep people off their feet or damage them if they were already down), then finally every character *except* catwoman can permanently break weapons.  Oh, also if its unclear, his bombs are a melee attack and his shield has a melee attack.

...wait I just realized I've never played predator missions as either Nightwing or Robin.  I've owned this game for so long, WTF?  Also I just checked, Nightwing has *five* free takedowns in predator missions?  Why?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: September 15, 2017, 10:34:56 pm »

The duchy of the Triangle struggled against the yoke of of Evangelical oppression.  So close, but the Council didn't understand, miracles are real!
The bankers of the North didn't loan enough.

Crusader Kings 2:  After The End.
(The good strategy is to be Duke of the Triangle and just wait for succession.  But Raleigh converted to the Charismatic heresy, where miracles are all real, and I went with that.)

For that fellow Ashevillite:  It's called Land of Sky.  How cool is that.  Being in the mountains, it's not even part of the Holy Columbian Confederacy.
But it will be, when I play, heh.  I play the good vassal (who then naturally deserves my "ancestral" lands.  Do not cross me when I am serving your cause.)
Heh, the Confederacy's capitol is freakin Charleston.  Charleston.  If you ever play CK2 and wonder why people are so dang rebellious, even for culture, this maybe helps illustrate it.

Though to clarify, this confederacy completely rejects slavery.  They aren't like the rust cultists or outright animist pagans to the north. 
The bombs sure did a number on everyone.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:46:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: September 16, 2017, 03:04:05 pm »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:05:39 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: September 16, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »

4 times already while playing a hardcore run in an expert world on terraria.

two deaths by getting perma knocked by monsters
one because of a stealthy trap
and the last one was trying to get in range of a monster that seemed melee, only to get bones shot at me.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: September 16, 2017, 07:52:44 pm »

you: hey can i get a fuckin uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh B O N E L E S S monster
monster: melee machine broke
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: September 16, 2017, 07:56:28 pm »

you: hey can i get a fuckin uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh B O N E L E S S monster
monster: melee machine broke

i thought that skeleton would just try to approach to me like a mindless melee mob but since its in expert sometimes those assholes shoot their bones at you instead.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: September 17, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »

I've almost beaten Ottomans in a war as Hungary, so I decided to siege some of Ottos' provinces to low their war enthusiasm. Wait-wait-wait, are you telling me that I can move only to Edirne and Constantinople? *angry mouse-clicking intensifies*

One moment after my army gets defeated and stackwiped in Constantinople...
"Gee, thanks, Paradox! How about you overhaul the ZoC system, so that my army becomes immobile once I stepped into a province with fort in it and crushed by an army of 666K Cthulhuloids?" - The words uttered by me.
Oh, and looks like the next planned DLC, from the looks of it, will be about Muslims. Cannot wait for the new broken mechanics which will make Muslims (and Ottofucks in particular, hopefully they'll finally become unbeatable) strong as France in the previous patches.

Rant aside, I'll try my Hungary run again tomorrow. I've already screwed up at least ten times, not because I'm an idiot or a terrible player, but because of bullshit like the example above, or my AI allies being fuckwits. Too bad for the game that I'm a stubborn one.

Europa Universalis IV
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: September 17, 2017, 11:29:25 pm »

My character got knocked down, then poisoned, then set on fire, then turned into a chicken, then crippled.
Then the game crashed. Because it evidently doesn't expect the AI to be that cruel and cripple a chicken.

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: September 18, 2017, 06:37:16 am »

Where you fighting Colonel Sanders? Because that's some finger-licking good dying right there.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: September 19, 2017, 12:30:34 am »

78% chance shots apparently miss all the time in the game I'm playing.

While my nostalgia for this game is strong, I still get mad when that happens.

Still, I still remember some of the stuff I could use, so I'm not experiencing team wipes. Yet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: September 19, 2017, 09:05:16 am »

You get mad when the game honestly tells you the percentage? Over 50% =/= guaranteed.
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1571