Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2264210 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19845 on: December 08, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »

Threw myself off a cliff trying to reach a secret area. Four times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a side note, I find it hilarious that after you kill yourself via fall damage you happily warp back to the latest waypoint and receive a light scolding from one of your party members. Because "Ow! Watch where you're going next time!" is surely a logical response to the main character hurling himself and his party members to their painful end.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19846 on: December 08, 2017, 05:17:22 pm »

While gathering up bits of parts and exploring space I came across an abandoned arcade.  It had one game in it.  I played it and was transported to a world of Fish and air hockey.

I want back in time to meet a squidheaded shrine maiden fish girl.  Clearly it's one of the harem games.  After sneaking up on her, criticizing her art and teaching her a song about a bear with a house foreclosed, I was sent back to present day.   Clearly I failed since I didn't get to do anything involving fishy naughty bits.

Beautiful Attempt! Sakura Shrine Maiden Hearts+
Starbound
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19847 on: December 08, 2017, 05:31:19 pm »

You should have rolled with her.  Fish can roll.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19848 on: December 08, 2017, 08:26:44 pm »

You have been paralyzed.

You feel somewhat irritated.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

And this is why Altmer are the best race.
I've never heard of them.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19849 on: December 08, 2017, 09:13:24 pm »

You have been paralyzed.

Not sure if it's sarcasm or serious given their prominence in the most recent main-line game in the series, but I'll err on the latter.  "Altmer" is the endonym for the race the game calls High Elves, and they happen to be immune to paralysis. 

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19850 on: December 09, 2017, 05:42:48 pm »

Fish can roll.

I see what you did there.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:48:05 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19851 on: December 09, 2017, 06:58:03 pm »

My engines were shot to hell, pretty much all my control surfaces were gone, nearly all my gunners dead, I had at least three fighters spraying bullets at me, I was going down. My only hope of not exploding into hard ground was maybe gliding into water and maybe not exploding there, but that was big maybe.

So what does one of the jackasses shooting at me do? Rams me. Killing himself in the process.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19852 on: December 10, 2017, 09:35:43 am »

You have been paralyzed.

Not sure if it's sarcasm or serious given their prominence in the most recent main-line game in the series, but I'll err on the latter.  "Altmer" is the endonym for the race the game calls High Elves, and they happen to be immune to paralysis.
Twas inteded as a reference to the "Have you heard of the high elves?" which is one of the many Oblivion dialogue maymays.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19853 on: December 10, 2017, 10:36:56 am »

Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19854 on: December 11, 2017, 06:49:25 pm »

Shot in the face by a Marder III.

I should note that the Marder is a Tier-2 tank, and I was using only Tier-1 tanks. However, Arcade Battle uses equipped tanks' Battle Rating for matchmaking, not tier. My lineup was all 1.3's and the Marder is 2.7, but I had a damaged M8(BR is 2.0) in repair queue, so... shot in the face by a Marder III.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19855 on: December 11, 2017, 07:37:01 pm »

Started a game, got married, had sex, and died.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19856 on: December 11, 2017, 07:39:29 pm »

My ping decided to become uncooperative in the final Izaro stage in Merciless lab. It's a die and you're out kind of instanced dungeon, so far I've gotten to the final stage three times this evening, every time my ping spikes to over 1k only in that last fucking fight and I inevitably die to one of his many abilities :V

(Path of Exile)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19857 on: December 12, 2017, 02:54:56 am »

Learned a valuable lesson.  You may basically be a technological god compared to everyone in the galaxy, with everyone but the fallen empire's tech level being listed as inferior, and some pathetic.  It does not mean shit if you don't have fleet capacity.

I learned this lesson hard when I decided to prevent an opponent's fleet from taking one of my planets by blockading the hyperlane leading to it before the transports could get there.  Only to encounter my opponent's ally's fleet that was 4x my fleet's strength.  Gamma lazers, ion disruptors, zero point power, advanced shields and battleships won't save you from about a million corvettes and destroyers with blue lazers and deflectors it seems.

P.S. I had an ally too, but their fleet strength was even lower than mine, technologically inferior to me, and had to fly through all of my space before even reaching the front line.

Stellaris.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:00:00 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19858 on: December 12, 2017, 03:43:46 am »

Ignored Greece after the french came to fight me, leaving just a small group of pure artillery and mechanized infantry at the grecian border...

Hearts of Iron 4, playing communist Italia.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19859 on: December 12, 2017, 04:51:58 am »

I was going to a brigand camp to tesque someone's kids that had been kidnapped to make him work for said bandits, but I was severely under level for the area, so I died three times before I even reached the place they were being kept in. So, I went off to do a heap of quests in the villages east of Bree, went off hubting in the midgewater marshes, killed enough boars to piss of PETA forever, andfinally, finally got an extra level, and good enough equipment to show it. I went back to the Bandit encampment, ready to kill some nasties, and my helmet, shield, and axe all broke halfway through the quest.
R.I.P

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 1322 1323 [1324] 1325 1326 ... 1571