Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244739 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20460 on: July 08, 2018, 06:22:51 am »

Killed by someone whose tank, watching them on the replay, was sliding sideways along the ground and even floating in the air a bit. Prior to that, I shot out the track on someone else before they could round a corner, then as they rounded the corner anyway I shot out their cannon breach, then they shot me with their cannon anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20461 on: July 08, 2018, 07:43:53 am »

Killed by someone whose tank, watching them on the replay, was sliding sideways along the ground and even floating in the air a bit. Prior to that, I shot out the track on someone else before they could round a corner, then as they rounded the corner anyway I shot out their cannon breach, then they shot me with their cannon anyway.

Superior German engineering.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20462 on: July 08, 2018, 08:33:56 am »

The one sliding was a Russian tank, the other a US tank.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20463 on: July 08, 2018, 08:34:20 am »

Heh, last one has happened to me several times too. It seems that there is slight chance of gun functioning normally with broken barrel or breech, but I, for one, have never been able to shoot with damaged gun- Half the time I've been destroyed by it.

My last death- Working my tier 4 italian medium at center of a town map, I reverse sidescrape (useless for bouncing, but good to minimize exposure for front-turreted tank) and deal with 5 tanks at the same time, without support. I kill one medium but his +1 tier heavy pals finally find their man-pants and rush at me when a Covenanter gets hammered next, firing HE at my turret front from 6pdr and going down to 15hp by my return fire. And, when I've died, the team's heavies one by one poke around the nearby corner getting rekt by the enemy.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20464 on: July 08, 2018, 05:02:10 pm »

Assassinated by my carriage running over a cliff, which followed my previous character being assassinated by being shot by an archer.  At least I dealt with the troublesome duchess I believe was responsible for both when my daughter took charge.

Crusader Kings II.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20465 on: July 09, 2018, 12:47:46 am »

Some idiot got pregnant and subsequently starved to death. Use a condom or something next time, hey?? Tf you tryna bring some poor child into this doomed little crapsack excuse for a village for anyway?!
Some people. Jeez. That was the first person I've had die in this game, though. Sad times.

At least we figured out an effective means of birth control.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20466 on: July 09, 2018, 01:33:24 am »

I (foolishly) agreed to help an MR 10 clan member (I'm also MR 10) with the boss on Sedna. Now, I had never run this boss before, so I took my best gear, and expected a tough fight. For the first and second time through we picked up a pair of randoms, and won without too much trouble despite most of us having no idea what we were doing (or at least it seemed that way). The third time through both randoms left, and we went in alone.

Turns out the clan guy was practically useless. He did basically no damage, leaving it all to me, and he didn't seem to be able to avoid damage from the boss either even though he was playing a Limbo (Limbo has a really easy move than basically makes him invulnerable).

I'm pretty darn tanky in my Rhino, but my DPS sucks. Still, I managed to carry us to the last stage of the battle before losing my last revive. I really need a better weapon or something, but even so we could have won without too much trouble if he had either A) Concentrated on staying alive and reviving me or B) Made sure to bring a weapon with decent DPS and do hit-and-run strikes on the boss.

Anyway, so far the Sedna boss is by far my least favorite, since you need to do some special missions first to get "points" needed to pay for access to the boss fight level. It makes farming her part drops very slow.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20467 on: July 10, 2018, 04:21:24 am »

All this WOT talk reminded me to finally upload this video. Although i'm not sure if it will be death or own. But well, for me it's certainly death.  :D
And this is totally death in Touhou Hisoutensoku. Against bot, yeah.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:55:57 am by MCreeper »

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #20468 on: July 10, 2018, 06:32:49 am »

Died during Armageddon (the last day of the season when all limits on attacks are lifted and everything drowns in a glorious free-for-all before starting the game cycle anew).

It was less glorious in practice because 10 most powerful players happened to be allies and did not fight each other but systematically killed off everyone else. GG.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:34:49 am by Murphy »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20469 on: July 11, 2018, 12:25:14 am »

My highly-successful adventurer died a pitiful, unexpected death to a certain noisy bastard.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20470 on: July 11, 2018, 01:14:35 am »

This game is hard.

I keep worrying about the ever-increasing difficulty and keep hitting the teleporter too early.

One more recent death is when sacrificed my health to a health shrine on the second stage.

I didn't have very much of it left.

When I attempted to use my Bustling Fungus (HP regen if you stand still), an enemy teleported next to me. I don't recall if it spawned or had already been following me.

Yeah... This game will take some getting used to.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20471 on: July 11, 2018, 01:26:06 am »

Hah, my problem is the opposite, in that my thirst for loot is much stronger than my fear of time limits.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20472 on: July 11, 2018, 03:36:07 am »

There's a balance to be struck... Waiting too long will make later enemies too powerful to mooch loot off of, but rushing the teleporter will leave you without items to kill off the later obstacles.

Or you can just do what I do and focus on getting the glass and command artifacts, and then steamrolling the rest of the game with an unstoppable force of cheese.

My very first win was with the bandit. I don't even like the bandit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20473 on: July 11, 2018, 07:12:52 pm »

The second form(first one only lobs a few Holy and Dark attacks before pissing off) of the final boss completely wrecked me within two turns. Wasn't a total wipe, but I had only the one reserve guy left standing, and he was pulled in in the middle of the enemy turn.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20474 on: July 11, 2018, 11:28:30 pm »

My highly-successful adventurer died a pitiful, unexpected death to a certain noisy bastard.

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 1570