Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2245076 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20475 on: July 12, 2018, 02:23:14 am »

I'll let this image speak for me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Slay The Spire.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20476 on: July 12, 2018, 12:18:32 pm »

Massive (albiet early) Subnautica spoilers (also I'm mostly unspoiled so don't tell me anything):
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20477 on: July 12, 2018, 12:49:34 pm »

To answer your question: Yes. Kinda. It won't rescue you though. (Also, it requires you to do things you are unlikely to do if you don't know what is coming. Basically it is a patch for weird behavior caused by using foreknowledge to "game the system".)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:52:26 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20478 on: July 12, 2018, 08:18:29 pm »

I was hunting some elephants, and see one of a slightly different color. It tramples the second it sees me, killing me in less than a second. Not only that, but the game glitched out, putting my death marker on some random rock near The Summoning Place, about half the game map away. I use admin-mode to teleport to both where I died and where my death marker was, and never found any body.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20479 on: July 13, 2018, 02:35:22 am »

Didn't die in the game, but died on the inside.

Had a miner by the name of Alwin Earthside join my mercenary company and fight under my banner for a while. After a trek in the mountains, which he enjoyed in particular, he was disemboweled by a Wiederganger in a fight we didn't need to do to complete our contract, but we were getting paid per head and gold keeps us going. We go back to the town of Hammererden and complete the contract for around 2100 gold and, while we have a replacement to fill us out to 12 men, it's always good to have reserves, so we went to recruiting some locals.

One of the locals is a miner who went into the trade at a young age in order to support a fatherless family. His name is Erling Earthside. Fortunately he's a Bleeder and Insecure with no noteworthy skills, so when I immediately fire him hopefully he heads back home to his family and dies in peace of old age.

Battle Brothers

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20480 on: July 13, 2018, 05:30:11 am »

I am sure the Wiedergänger would have killed him if you didn't get rid of him.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20481 on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:13 pm »

My Outpost got attacked by hungry bandits, which are so much weaker then my combat capable guys or my NPC guards its not even funny.
Yet one of those very same NPC guards decides to climb the central watchtower and man the harpoon gun there, that I've built to deal with more serious threats.

A few seconds later 7 of the 10 people in my combat squad are dead or dying (one, hilariously enough, missing all her blood without any visible damage to other body parts), felled by friendly fire.

Congratulations mister Human_Mercenary, your aim is impeccable. Just make sure you hit the correct targets next time.

Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20482 on: July 13, 2018, 03:59:49 pm »

Got shot multiple times by a... fish rifle? Made it to the final 3 and logged 3-4 kills.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20483 on: July 13, 2018, 04:32:56 pm »

Learned that PSI Flash β, a power that Ness has been sitting on for most of the adventure, has a chance to instant-kill along with its other effects.

Naturally, I did not learn this by simply reading the power description. Or by using it myself. Of course not, that'd be the easy way of learning something.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20484 on: July 14, 2018, 02:57:30 pm »

I set up on the fourth floor of a warehouse. Bridged the span to the apartments next door. Storage on my side, beds and kitchens on the other. I'm pretty much safe from zombies. If only I could find a sledgehammer and get rid of these pesky stairs and I'd be completely safe.

Decide I want to move. Pick up all of my meds and begin sliding down my sheet rope to the ground below, with the intention of putting them all in my car.

Holy shit, I'm sliding down this rope faster than *splat*

I guess a zombie destroyed my rope and I just leapt from the window without checking. I had so much food and antibiotics stored up.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20485 on: July 14, 2018, 04:35:24 pm »

First attempt at playing, I talk to the mission guy and get a Logistics mission: take a truck of supplies to a nearby town. Look around, all I see is a crate of supplies, no truck. I buy a truck, but can't figure out how to load the crate onto the truck. Ragequit and restart.

Second attempt, ask for a Logistics mission, get told to talk to some random guy in some random town for something to do. I get to the guy, but the fact that I come out of the truck with my assault rifle in plain view causes all the civvies to go bugfuck and I see a notice that I'm wanted by NATO. New guy tells me to go steal or destroy a supply truck a few towns over. I get to about a kilometer from the target when I flip my truck, forcing me to walk. A minute later I hear shots fired at me. I turn toward where I'm being shot from and see nothing but a solid wall of tracers.

Third attempt, another Logistics mission, again take truck of supplies to town. No truck again, just crate. This time I figured out how to load them onto the truck(gotta back right up to it apparently). Problem, I bought a military truck, so no undercover mode. I go cross-country to avoid checkpoints, but I must have run across a patrol. I believe I only got hit once, but that one bullet that hit me from behind punched me down through the bottom of the truck onto the ground.

Fourth attempt, screw it, give me an Assassination mission. It's the middle of the night. Target location is about a kilometer away from HQ. Before I head out, I dick around a bit at HQ and learn how to purchase a squad of soldiers, a truck for them, and even figured out ordering them around. I can't figure out how to get them into my personal squad, I can only give them squad waypoints which they follow, so that works.

I get to the target location, it's a basketball field. Nobody's around except civvies(Assassination objective markers are supposed to be general locations), but then I see NATO troops in a nearby building. Ordering my squad to drive forward and engage, I flank them. It being pitch-dark, I had to use their own flashlights to spot them, and if it wasn't for my guys laying suppression fire, they'd have killed me for sure. I give CPR to some of the wounded NATO soldiers, tell them to piss off(which supposedly lowers NATO aggression), but I don't find the traitor I'm supposed to kill. I did find a guy wearing Altis flags(the same flag over our HQ) rather than NATO, and assume he's the traitor, but a few bullets in his head only increases NATO ire. Can't find any target, cue ragequit.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20486 on: July 16, 2018, 09:15:57 pm »

"Wither witches" are already BS as random mobs, throwing wither potions which deal 20 hearts of damage (out of 10).  But they spawn with one or two of these:
https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Wither_Cat

Which seem nice enough, but if you fight back against the witch they turn hostile... and turn into those massive hellcats.  The stats are there, but suffice to say they shred chainmail like it's nothing, take a lot of hits, and move faster than baby zombies.  Their hitboxes are also really weird from growing so large.
I died 5 times, but fortunately it was right outside my base.  They actually go neutral every time you die, but I was determined to get revenge.
It dropped nothing.

Also, less literal death:  My perfect stay-at-home husbando... uh... had a bad day, and complained that I didn't clean while he was out joyriding :o  Apparently it's "not very nice having to wade through a bunch of junk"
It was kinda a shock, but somehow made the 99% of the time he's kind and sweet feel a little more real.  Well, less 1 dimensional :P

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20487 on: July 17, 2018, 12:59:25 am »

Road Redemption is a bit rogue-like in nature since roads, weapons, and mission objectives are all randomly generated.

There's one mission type that's basically "Survive an endless onslaught of cops that's out for your blood."

One problem. You're on a bike. Some of the cops are in full-sized cop cars. And these cars will sometimes spawn facing your direction, ready to ram you head on.

Yeah.

Also, I'm not 100% used to things like deflecting, quickly reacting and switching weapons, or keeping an eye on the road as we fight, so a number of deaths resulted from that, too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20488 on: July 17, 2018, 04:09:55 pm »

Pfft, try doing that while trying to win a race. /road rash master race /no pun intended
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20489 on: July 17, 2018, 09:08:04 pm »

And then add steering with left stick and aiming a gun with right stick into the mix.

Most recent death, getting beaned with a spiked club while trying to point my gun at someone. Oh, and we're both on motorcycles doing 120.
Pages: 1 ... 1364 1365 [1366] 1367 1368 ... 1570