Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2263173 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20535 on: July 31, 2018, 10:50:23 pm »

Just got Hydroid prime and was leveling him up. I'm starting slow on Earth:Lith the defense map.  Even with a level 0 frame I still expected to stomp it, since I was bringing a corinth capable of one shotting level 80 mobs.  But I didn't want to waste anyone's time on a higher level mission with overconfidence.  Sure my offence is through the roof, but I donno about my defenses.

So we are doing fine, mobs are being one shot if I even fart in their general direction, and someone jumps to the top of the map and dies.  I jump up to rez them... and die instantly, then the other two players jump up to rez us....and also die...  We all forgot that there are steam vents at the top of that map that will mess you up with absolutely no remorse should you come near them.

Warframe (we all just self rezzed and continued the mission after)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20536 on: August 01, 2018, 09:33:26 am »

I cooked in my suit. Then I suffocated twice. Then I punched an egg, rousing four or five things that I can only describe as "Half-Life 2 antlions". Then I cooked in my suit and suffocated again.

No Man's Sky. Just bought it last night because I've finally started hearing good things. Survival mode is brutal if you spawn on a planet with an ambient temperature of 64C.

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20537 on: August 01, 2018, 02:42:34 pm »

I was walked between rotating sawblades when the game froze, I may've panicked a bit and tried clicking somewhere safe hoping to get out before whatever lag spike was going on got me killed.  Of course, I failed.  Turns out a housemate was having connection issues and decided to reset the router without warning.

Game: Path of Exile, Cruel Labyrinth, Hardcore.

~Yami.
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20538 on: August 01, 2018, 04:31:03 pm »

Lone Op is a random spawn that has massively increased chances of occurring if the nuke disk is stationary. Unless an admin specifically admitted to forcing the event, it's quite likely it just happened naturally. Also, the PGGB actually isn't toxic, because it's not alcohol! Weird code, but it's true. Manly dorf absolutely is alcohol though, tied at second most potent booze in the game actually.

And yeah, hydro is over the top now. Grow a bajillion on-impact explosives more powerful than what chem can hand-craft? Sure. Best healing chems? Right on it! Home-grown eswords? Yeah, why not? A fucking chemical reaction that spawns 40 bees of whatever additional chem you put into the mix? Better bee-lieve it, buddy!
Can't chem blow up a third of the station with one bomb?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20539 on: August 01, 2018, 07:00:29 pm »

Lone Op is a random spawn that has massively increased chances of occurring if the nuke disk is stationary. Unless an admin specifically admitted to forcing the event, it's quite likely it just happened naturally. Also, the PGGB actually isn't toxic, because it's not alcohol! Weird code, but it's true. Manly dorf absolutely is alcohol though, tied at second most potent booze in the game actually.

And yeah, hydro is over the top now. Grow a bajillion on-impact explosives more powerful than what chem can hand-craft? Sure. Best healing chems? Right on it! Home-grown eswords? Yeah, why not? A fucking chemical reaction that spawns 40 bees of whatever additional chem you put into the mix? Better bee-lieve it, buddy!
Can't chem blow up a third of the station with one bomb?
You're thinking of Goon, and Goonchem. TGchem can make lots of bombs and much more easily, but those bombs are generally not very impressive.

To provide an example, potassium/water has a "strength divisor" of 10, the worst, and in a 100u/100u grenade will gib anything on the exact tile of the bomb, and deal something like 60-100 damage to anything in the adjacent tiles. You'll scrape the outer layer of flooring off, but no breaches will be made.

A "methbomb" as it's called has a strength divisor of 6 (lower the number, bigger the boom), making it almost twice as powerful. Same strength as black powder, but without the random fuse timer. 100u/100u will generally gib or at least kill anything in the 3x3 grid centered on ground zero. Breaches will occur, and lots of walls will get hurt. Roughly the strength of blowing up a welding fuel tank, give or take.

Botany can make nitroglycerin, which chemistry simply cannot synthesize. Nitroglycerin has a strength divisor of 2.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20540 on: August 02, 2018, 02:23:27 am »

Went and spoke to Harold about the Deathclaw. When going back to hub center. I was suddenly ambushed and killed by someone hiding behind a house. Not only I do not know the reason for it, I could not even look who it was, because the pointer pointed at the roof of the house behind which he was.

Fallout 1
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20541 on: August 02, 2018, 05:33:21 am »

Had to tear down the gatehouse because the town's only mason was trapped inside for several days, which halted construction on the other parts of the city wall because they use a lot of stone furniture.

Oh, and the game is telling me I can't rebuild it(modified to remove the part she was trapped in) because "they can't figure it out". I'm going to guess it's because of the still-constructing barracks next to the site, so I guess I'll just have to wait for the recently-liberated mason to finish constructing the beds for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20542 on: August 03, 2018, 06:37:36 am »

Rassin 'frassin...
I accidentally killed the Kanto Snorlax, basically in one hit.  My Gyarados's rock-smash was super effective, yet did so little damage that I risked a cross-chop with my significantly higher level machoke.

Clearly I must conduct honorable reset.  Last non-autosave was just after Sabrina, but that's not so bad.  Just got to exit the maze and face Surge's whole gym again, which is a cakewalk with my graveller.

I'd let it go, since "catching them all" is an impossible myth without not only trading, but a one-off real life event 20 years ago.  However, it carries leftovers!  Leftovers!  Hell yeah I'll replay a gym to get a second auto-regeneration item.

I'd consider using Snorlax except I feel that would betray my friendship with my (superior Johto) pokefriends.  Also, hyper beam no longer fires every turn if it OHKOs.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20543 on: August 03, 2018, 05:06:46 pm »

The bosses of this game are designed to be such utter bullshit. First boss has an attack that you can only dodge by jumping out of it with exact timing and can still hit you if the console stutters(being the 3DS's shitty processor, it can and will). The second has a move with a randomly-determined evade point that you have very short window to figure out in order to reach it in time, and she later surrounds you in a bubble of projectiles that doesn't disappear until after she uses the former attack. The third turns invisible, with no way of finding her position until her attack where she crosses half the stage in less than a second along with an area-denial attack on the other half.

Oh, and dying resets powerups gained during the level that would otherwise be all but critical to winning the boss fight.

That's because Girafarig is Normal/Psychic. It actually counters both Psychic(types) and Ghost, as it resists the former and is immune to the latter. And funnily enough, Psychic(the move) is basically the staple Psychic-type move, similar to how Flamethrower is for Fire-types.

Now that I think about it, Girafarig might be pretty good against the Elite Four, due to having type advantages over three of them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20544 on: August 04, 2018, 09:01:48 pm »

Rassin 'frassin...
I accidentally killed the Kanto Snorlax, basically in one hit.  My Gyarados's rock-smash was super effective, yet did so little damage that I risked a cross-chop with my significantly higher level machoke.

Clearly I must conduct honorable reset.  Last non-autosave was just after Sabrina, but that's not so bad.  Just got to exit the maze and face Surge's whole gym again, which is a cakewalk with my graveller.

I'd let it go, since "catching them all" is an impossible myth without not only trading, but a one-off real life event 20 years ago.  However, it carries leftovers!  Leftovers!  Hell yeah I'll replay a gym to get a second auto-regeneration item.

I'd consider using Snorlax except I feel that would betray my friendship with my (superior Johto) pokefriends.  Also, hyper beam no longer fires every turn if it OHKOs.

The only dark types in Gen II are Sneasel, Umbreon, Murkrow and Houndour/Houndoom. Of these, only Umbreon is pure Dark type. Sneasel is Ice/Dark (lol fighting), Murkrow is Dark/Flying (actually a pretty good type, pity Murkrow is mehkrow), and Houndour and Houndoom are Fire/Dark.

Re: Crobat?

It's Poison type because it has germy fangs, and both Golbat and Zubat were Poison/Flying too.
Like mentioned above, Girafarig was originally a two-ended Giraffee that was a "good twin" and "evil twin" archetype, that may or may not have evolved out of these weird little things called "Twinz". Both were planned to be Dark/Normal.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20545 on: August 04, 2018, 09:26:12 pm »

Thanks!  Yeah I don't care for most of the gen 2 dark types, and didn't notice any Sneasels or Houndours.

It feels like some things who should have been dark, like Gengar and the -bat line, are only poison because dark wasn't a thing in gen 1.  Kinda sucks, but encourages using new 'mons I guess.

Girafarig being psychic works okay for me, though.  I actually replied to Akura in the Pokemans thread, since I wanted to go on a bit :P

I last died in Dungeon of the Endless.  I thought I was getting the hang of this and reached floor 6, but got greedy opening doors and skimping on turrets.  My team fell managed to regroup near the crystal but got overwhelmed by sheer numbers.  I might have made it if I'd thought to grab the crystal and retreat...

Dungeon of the Endless
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20546 on: August 04, 2018, 11:17:29 pm »

My advice for that game: get characters who can effect a whole room.  There’s a character who makes all enemies fight each other and he was essential to my first (well, only) win.  In the later levels if you let monsters build up in one room they can kill characters so fast you don’t have time to pause.

Edit: Just played more.  Slightly revised advise: get the defense+ modules for the later floors or your characters will take half their health in one frame of fighting.  Also neurostims.  Neurostims everywhere.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:15:11 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20547 on: August 06, 2018, 11:16:38 am »

Atreus was right when he said he hated the Dark Elf with horns. Fuck this guy and fuck his stupid darkness inducing attacks.

God of War PS4
Black lives matter.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20548 on: August 06, 2018, 05:12:58 pm »

Perpetual winter.

I was Gaius Iuvius Caesar, leader of legions. But apparently I somehow brought about an unending, impossibly harsh winter. Any army that travels off the beaten track is swiftly decimated by attrition. I'm progressing nicely, subsuming the Tulinigi tribe and defending against the Southern Celtiberian Confederation with great success... But there's nowhere to go from here without overwhelming force. Which I have but it's hard to properly bring it to bear. I'm stuck.

TWR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20549 on: August 06, 2018, 05:21:23 pm »

Atreus was right when he said he hated the Dark Elf with horns. Fuck this guy and fuck his stupid darkness inducing attacks.

God of War PS4

I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 1368 1369 [1370] 1371 1372 ... 1571