Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244341 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21105 on: February 08, 2019, 10:14:33 pm »

First time encountering a yellow Wizzrobe. Lightning attacks take off so many hearts. And disarm you. And I wasted all the materials that could conceivably make a shock resist food/elixir and instead making food so horrific that the image of the food is actually censored.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Found some silicon in range of my drill's scanner inside an asteroid cave. Accelerated forwards slightly, hit my head on a piece of rock. Died instantly.

Gotta go collect some shock arrows from a Lionel. Apparently he has a lot of them, he just didn't need to use all of them. Also note, there's puddles around, these amplify the damage from these arrows from 3.75 hearts to I only have 4 hearts to begin with.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21106 on: February 10, 2019, 12:23:48 am »

I saw that Akalabeth: World of Doom was free on GOG. Being one of those mythical ultra-early CRPGs I always read about but never saw, I downloaded it and tried it out.

After picking a lucky number, buying some stuff and walking around some mountains, I died with no warning. I can only assume I starved to death.

Akalabeth: World of Doom.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21107 on: February 10, 2019, 02:46:02 am »

A modded start gave me 30 dudes to start with, right off the bat. You'd think it would be easy mode.

Well, no. Aside from the fact that you start with no money and all those dudes need to be fed eventually, you are also placed in some very nasty locations that no bunch of newbies should be running around in. So many runs were ended almost as soon as they began. Cannibals in the North Coast. Striders in the desert. Swamp Ninjas. Slave Takers. Berserkers. Red Sabres. Blood Spiders. Good lord, the blood spiders.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21108 on: February 10, 2019, 05:13:01 pm »

Strangled to death by a daggum robot in a rubber suit.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21109 on: February 11, 2019, 12:00:24 pm »

Misinterpreted a song that's supposed to tell you what to do in this quest, and jumped off a 100ft-high waterfall, intending to slam-attack a specific point with the specific weapon required for the quest. I missed and it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. Drops from a certain height insta-kill you.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21110 on: February 11, 2019, 02:20:38 pm »

Successfully built the most ambitious fort I've ever created. It had a moat and wall for protection, traps for defebding against and capturing cage creatures (which also helped me acquire pet crundles), actual automation and efficiency and stuff, an above-ground farm, the works. I figured it was time for adamantine, so I found my first vein, dug 2 tiles into it and immediately destroyed everyone. I visited the area as an adventurer later, and was immediately ambushed by one of the demons who destroyed the fort before I could even get close to it.

Angry Birds

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21111 on: February 11, 2019, 03:20:27 pm »

stopped to take a soil sample, Found a radioactive meteorite, but forgot where I parked.

Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21112 on: February 11, 2019, 03:22:17 pm »

stopped to take a soil sample, Found a radioactive meteorite, but forgot where I parked.

"Dude, Where's My Mars?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21113 on: February 11, 2019, 07:54:28 pm »

Successfully built the most ambitious fort I've ever created. It had a moat and wall for protection, traps for defebding against and capturing cage creatures (which also helped me acquire pet crundles), actual automation and efficiency and stuff, an above-ground farm, the works. I figured it was time for adamantine, so I found my first vein, dug 2 tiles into it and immediately destroyed everyone. I visited the area as an adventurer later, and was immediately ambushed by one of the demons who destroyed the fort before I could even get close to it.

Angry Birds

I don’t think you’re entirely telling the truth.

In all my time on the B12 forums I’ve never heard of such a game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21114 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:04 pm »

The opposing team had ONE point left before losing. Then they rushed all the Panzers(ALL of them) and even a King Tiger. Never could recover any of the victory objectives, not with their tanks sniping ALL my guys through the ground. My AI teammate could have pulled it back with a flank on the central objective using their half-dozen or so Ranger squads that they've been constantly producing despite the fact they cost 600 manpower when our team had a income rate of ~230mp per minute. But no, they just sit there.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21115 on: February 11, 2019, 10:47:04 pm »

I got eaten by a giant ant. Or webbed by a giant jumping spider. I don't remember. Earth Defense Force 4.1 can dole out really fast deaths where it's hard to keep track of things.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21116 on: February 11, 2019, 10:49:21 pm »

My considerably more experienced teammate (I was going solo), near the end of the game, attempted to wait out his enemy - he had a healing skill and his enemies did not.

However, he did not realize that, unlike in other games of the same genre, the "Safe zone"/"Ring" becomes extremely small, rather than outright disappearing.

When he did realize this, he attempted to quickly rush in and take out the two remaining enemies.

Unfortunately, this didn't go so well.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21117 on: February 12, 2019, 01:13:25 am »

Started game of Civ V
"Processing turn for Barbarians"
My civ didnt spawn

You have achieved the level of Dan Quayle!
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21118 on: February 12, 2019, 02:17:03 am »

I don’t think you’re entirely telling the truth.

In all my time on the B12 forums I’ve never heard of such a game.

This is the game he's talking about.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #21119 on: February 12, 2019, 02:19:21 am »

Killed by some kinda ranged pure while charging air orbs. No big loss except I was dumb enough to bring a pet along

Old School Runescape
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 1406 1407 [1408] 1409 1410 ... 1570