Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 [1423] 1424 1425 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2243994 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21330 on: April 02, 2019, 05:38:31 pm »

Fallout 4
Spoiler: contains thpoilers (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21331 on: April 02, 2019, 06:10:43 pm »

Spoiler: SPIOLING INTENSIFIEXS (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21332 on: April 02, 2019, 06:40:09 pm »

Looking it up, apparently the constant radiation ghouls live with does damage their brains until a certain point they can no longer reason, becoming feral. It's not necessarily a guaranteed thing, as there are several centuries-old ghouls with full mental faculties.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21333 on: April 02, 2019, 07:02:27 pm »

Spoiler: SPOILER MEGALOAD (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21334 on: April 03, 2019, 01:27:22 am »

Spoiler: THIS VAULT HAS SPOILED (click to show/hide)
Especially spoiled in that rereading the previous posts and spending some time on the wiki made me question my conclusions.  But hey, I don't care about FO4 canon.
Except for my husbandos...

A few months allying with the Mutant alliance, I spotted a mutant pogrom "hyperwave" travelling at nigh-FTL speed.  Thanks, hyperwave...

Thing is, it was the Mercenaries.  Think Mutons, down to the reinforced synth-flesh armor, just more equal opportunity.  Tough as rubberized nails, and in large number, and armed with those damn Gauss weapons from TFTD.  Except in this game the gauss accelerators are as lethal as they it should be, and also... fundamentally DNA-encrypted.

Sent my best gal up the gravshaft with a heavy machine gun, along with a rookie.  They both kneeled down and fired a hasty hail of high-caliber munitions into the nearest merc.

He soaked the hits, turned around, launched hypersonic gauss rounds in response.
RIP Jumpin Amelia and Sizzlin Harbringer.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21335 on: April 03, 2019, 08:44:22 am »

Spoiler: SPOILER MEGALOAD (click to show/hide)

It sounds like it depends on which canon you're referring to. Fallout 2 was a bit different than Fallout, and Fallout 3/NV were very different games from both of those.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21336 on: April 03, 2019, 10:22:37 am »

Thrown into the lava repeatedly while trying to kill a flaming giant rock monster.  I thought killing it was for a quest, only to realize after it had killed me multiple times and that I'd eaten enough food for ten men that I was killing the wrong giant rock monster.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21337 on: April 04, 2019, 11:06:40 am »

Didn't earlier Fallout games state that ghouls turned feral if they don't get enough radiation in the long term, because they have become dependent on it? The space ghouls in NV thought the ferals could even be restored with enough radiation.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21338 on: April 04, 2019, 11:13:00 am »

Heat Signature. I aimed the ship I was on at a base to liberate it, and had less time to escape than expected. I made it almost to my pod, and got knocked out right by a turret that I didn't have time to wait for (and didn't realize I could just turn off).

At least I died a hero, probably. The game did freeze when I died while unconscious.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21339 on: April 04, 2019, 01:35:00 pm »

Didn't earlier Fallout games state that ghouls turned feral if they don't get enough radiation in the long term, because they have become dependent on it? The space ghouls in NV thought the ferals could even be restored with enough radiation.

Considering that radiation heals ghouls, that would make sense.  I don't recall if Fallout 1 or 2 ever touched on the subject though, and I actually don't think they really had any feral ghouls.  Fallout 3 might have said something about it, but it's been so long since I've played it I don't remember.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21340 on: April 04, 2019, 01:49:21 pm »

The necropolis was full of ghouls in Fallout, if I remember correctly. I’m reasonably sure someone got upset if you killed them, too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21341 on: April 04, 2019, 01:50:27 pm »

Necropolis was literally 75% ghoul.  Their brains literally rotted iirc, from slow radiation seepage into their vault.  Im guessing that slow amounts of it are detrimental to your mental health, since i dont recall any sentient glowing ones.  Well, maybe one.

And in Fallout 3 you can blow up megaton and the merchant becomes a ghoul.  How much more immediate can that transformation occur than over the span of maybe 12 hours and a few thousand rads?

The necropolis was full of ghouls in Fallout, if I remember correctly. I’m reasonably sure someone got upset if you killed them, too.
Only the sentient ones and the chained glowing ones, ironically.  One of the few things he didnt try to eat you over.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21342 on: April 04, 2019, 01:59:12 pm »

The glowing ones in the reactor in FO2 were all sentient, to my recollection. I seem to recall something about some rare feral ghouls, but the overwhelming majority were upstanding citizens. More or less.

And then there's whatever the fuck Harold is.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21343 on: April 04, 2019, 02:45:16 pm »

Necropolis was the part I couldn't really remember the details for.  Plenty of ghouls there, but I seem to recall none were immediately hostile.  Maybe those outside became hostile if you stood around too long or something?  That sounds familiar, but I've played FO2 much more than FO1, which is really fuzzy in my memory.

And I don't remember any hostile ones in FO2 at all.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21344 on: April 04, 2019, 02:49:38 pm »

its a stealth check, and they're absolutely blind and deaf.  they're much more like zombies
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 [1423] 1424 1425 ... 1570