Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244956 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21360 on: April 11, 2019, 02:08:55 pm »

Codsworth didn't help much in the assembly plant, so when I returned to Sanctuary I switched him out for Preston.

It turns out Preston is even worse. Although I'm not tripping over him constantly, he only shoots his laser musket about once every ten seconds. Even if I give him a different gun, he constantly wanders off while I'm frantically running away from ghouls, mirelurks, mole rats, or whatever else is about to two-shot me.

This time I got cornered in the Super-Duper Mart by a legendary ghoul. Preston, of course, was helpfully saying random lines about the Minutemen and rebuilding thereof while I ran away, triggering yet more packs of ghouls. I eventually died without Preston firing a single shot in my defense.

The "Lone Wanderer" perk is looking more attractive by the second.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21361 on: April 11, 2019, 03:18:27 pm »

Especially since you can still use Dogmeat with Lone Wanderer!  Or so I heard.  I liked dragging Nick or Danse around for commentary but mechanically Lone Wanderer seems like a much better choice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21362 on: April 11, 2019, 10:21:12 pm »

The reign of blood of King Halfdan 'Whiteshirt' of Wales, son of Lothbrok, bearer of Mjolnir and possessing 140+ combat rating... was killed in a duel by a random baltic chieftain with -9 combat rating.

Crusader Kings 2

Damn it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #21363 on: April 11, 2019, 10:53:10 pm »

Always sucks when that happens.

Though, to be fair, there is little more dangerous in combat than someone who has no idea what they are doing. They'll pull off stupid moves that no trained warrior will try because it's sure to get you killed, which can surprise a trained warrior enough that sometimes it actually works.

I know this, because I've trained quite a few newbies in shinai & medieval weapons combat before. You can beat them 99% of the time with ease, but that 1%...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21364 on: April 12, 2019, 03:29:00 am »

I tried to arm a silicate harvestor by building a sentry on top of it... instead it died :'(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21365 on: April 12, 2019, 05:42:49 am »

Completely neglected defenses of any kind. Turns out, when the bugs start to attack, they don't exactly ever stop. They pretty much ravaged my starting area, including my primary iron source.

Time to apply what I've learned to a new map, I guess.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21366 on: April 12, 2019, 02:01:52 pm »

First the aliens killed all people in my base when shooting at taking of Valkyrie Interceptor, then they shot the Interceptor down, because it was too damaged and refused my order to retreat, instead landing in my base being shot at by the aliens.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21367 on: April 12, 2019, 02:46:22 pm »

I accidentally rediscovered Outpost Zimonja while trying to fill out pieces of the map that I had ignored in my last playthrough. I started sniping at it from an overpass nearby. Boomer missed with his mini-nuke and ran up to my hiding spot to punch me to death. Luckily, Preston was useful for once, distracting Boomer so I can shoot at his armor's fusion core. I hit it with a VATS critical, killing Boomer and several nearby raiders, securing a level up!

And then I fall off the overpass and die on impact.

Fallout 4. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DESTROYED OVERPASSES IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE?

Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #21368 on: April 12, 2019, 11:09:38 pm »

I am not specced for space combat. Next time I'll just run.

No Man's Sky
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21369 on: April 13, 2019, 12:43:36 am »

Goblin Ambushers would probably look like badasses if they weren't the enemy. They wear armor that looks kind of like a ghillie suit, they use poison arrows, and they can shoot first much of the time.

Unfortunately, they're the enemy - and thus they almost immediately cut down one brother and poisoned another before the first turn was done.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21370 on: April 13, 2019, 12:17:25 pm »

Goblin Ambushers would probably look like badasses if they weren't the enemy. They wear armor that looks kind of like a ghillie suit, they use poison arrows, and they can shoot first much of the time.

Unfortunately, they're the enemy - and thus they almost immediately cut down one brother and poisoned another before the first turn was done.

This is all I can think of when I hear that name
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21371 on: April 14, 2019, 08:10:43 pm »

Dr. Wily.  Just Dr. Wily.

Mega Man 7.

At least Dr. Wahwee is much easier in Mega Man 8.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21372 on: April 14, 2019, 09:13:38 pm »

i got this, i have 2 mags of pistol ammo and 20 shotgun shells.

all of that ammo later:

"i made it down the hallway!" i said to my body as my head flies off due to a unseen licker

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21373 on: April 15, 2019, 12:02:12 am »

I had 2 extra tenants than I planned on, me as the horrible racist I am was trying to get a specific race as a tenant.  So every time someone I didn't want showed up when I placed the deed I would immediately murder them by taking the deed away.

Unfortunately the slime person race is immune to death in this way so they still hung around when I removed and replaced the deed.  Worse yet THEY DON"T PAY RENT.

I tried murdering them by dropping lava on them but either they had massive amounts of HP or were just immune to lava.

Then I got a plan.  One of the merchants in the basement have a loot box item that consistently spawns horrible death dogs upon use capable of killing my tier 5 armored character in literal seconds.  So I bought 2 of them.  Then I managed to get the 2 slime...things into a room together.  I ran in, used the 2 death dog boxes.... and threw up my shield in a desperate attempt to outlive the 2 unarmed NPCs.  I lasted about half a second.

Fortunately though everything else in that room died when it suddenly became a blender of teeth and claws in the time it took for the player death animation to play, so the plan was a success.

Starbound, The *heavily* modded experience
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21374 on: April 15, 2019, 12:45:23 am »

Watching Sword Art Online again this weekend made me long for the battle royale experience, so I decided to fire up Apex Legends for a few games.

One of our squad must have been playing on a 56k modem or something, because I couldn't tell what was going on. I hadn't experienced lag that bad since playing Halo 1 on my neighbor's stolen wi-fi. I died somewhere in the middle of all the jumping around without even picking anything up.

Apex Legends.
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 1570