Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244740 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21375 on: April 15, 2019, 05:20:07 pm »

Battle test, destroyer vs DWG-Marauder. Full AI control of both movement and weapons, player repair tentacles and infinite resources disabled.

Went well, up until a single hit from the Marauder's main cannon hit the ammo stores, blowing a hole large enough to flood what was left of the ammo storage as well as the crew quarters, which in turn caused the ship to capsize about 75° to the left. Probably would have made a comeback if not for the fact you cannot set priorities for repair bots and pumps have a bug that keeps them thinking they're in the same room as another pump even after the walls are repaired, causing it to cease working. That even happened to two pumps in adjacent rooms at the same time, meaning two pumps in a single "room" and neither doing anything.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21376 on: April 17, 2019, 04:03:31 am »

Obtained a translation of a game I was passively interested in from a friend, slightly past my usual emulation cutoff, but if they never released an english translation it seems they don't want my money anyway.

Started a new game.  Not too experienced with the SaGa games, but I've played a couple, so I have a basic understanding of the mechanics.  Spend entirely too long earlygame getting my party specced how I want and finally go into the past after kicking a fishman out of my space/timeship hangar with judicious application of fire with a side of rhinoceros trampling 5 hours later.

Get to the past. head south.  See a person attacked by a monster.  Go back in time a little earlier to find a giant squid attacking the person.  Get one shot by squid.

Me: Ok well that sucked, I should probably go the other direction.  When was the last autosave?

Game: Autosave?  Whats autosave?

Me: Oh.... oh no... I forgot this is an old school RPG.  I never saved.... at all.

SaGa 3 (DS version)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:10:25 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21377 on: April 17, 2019, 08:38:25 am »

Exploded by a water mine before realizing I was supposed to go fart eggs in the bucket up on the ledge next to it.

Banjo-Kazooie.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21378 on: April 17, 2019, 05:25:34 pm »

Engraved here is an image of the Sole Survivor, Preston Garvey and some legendary super mutants. The Sole Survivor is dead. Preston Garvey is making a plaintive gesture. The super mutants are laughing.

This image relates to itisnotlogical deciding to never play Fallout 4 again after losing almost an hour of progress to what is essentially bad luck.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21379 on: April 17, 2019, 07:18:12 pm »

Exploded by a water mine before realizing I was supposed to go fart eggs in the bucket up on the ledge next to it.

Banjo-Kazooie.

Farting eggs at things is literally the default answer in that game.

Vomiting eggs also counts.

I got absolutely wasted by a bear recently. And a gang of bandits.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:24:57 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21380 on: April 17, 2019, 07:21:42 pm »

Banjo-Kazooie.

Farting eggs at things is literally the default answer in that game.

Vomiting eggs also counts.

I got absolutely wasted by a bear recently. And a gang of bandits.

I am sad the first two paragraphs did not relate to the third.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21381 on: April 17, 2019, 07:25:38 pm »

Do Banjo and Kazooie count as a bandit gang?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21382 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:42 am »

Big scary piece of construction equipment gone evil?    No problem.

Giant evil security mech boss with heat seeking missiles trying to kill me?  Ha, easy.

Some random prick in a space suit standing around minding his own business?  Kills me like 15 times. 

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21383 on: April 19, 2019, 02:04:24 am »

Know what my favorite part of a high-speed action game about robot ninjas and giant mecha is?

Stealth sections. It's not technically forced since you can fight your way through, it's just a really obnoxious fight against a gang of extremely tough enemies.

I died several times because Raiden just decided not to parry many perfectly blockable attacks.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #21384 on: April 19, 2019, 01:20:22 pm »

Spent all of my heal items/injections, then I've met a heavily-armored cyborg with some sort of electric quarterstaff. Needless to say, I got fucking murdered there.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21385 on: April 19, 2019, 04:41:59 pm »

Crashed into a wall hard enough to hurt myself, which was my last health point after I got hit by a snowball from a laughing snowman.

Banjo-Kazooie.

The snowmen were kind of irritating, but not as bad as the ice blocks...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21386 on: April 19, 2019, 05:49:44 pm »

A stacking mechanic! I'm about to be hit by a big attack, and the more people that get hit by it, the less it does to each individual person!

*runs away from entire 24-man raid*

*dies*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21387 on: April 20, 2019, 03:55:14 pm »

Playing against my co-worker. He did some jiggery pokery and managed to summon Obelisk the Tormentor on turn 3. For those who don't know, Obelisk is one of those fuck-off "I win" cards, like legendaries in Hearthstone.

I could have stopped it by preventing him from ever having enough monsters on the field to tribute; the problem was his deck was built 100% intentionally, whereas mine was assembled from random boosters and many of the cards are 10+ years old.

Yu-Gi-Oh.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #21388 on: April 20, 2019, 05:06:07 pm »

"Undersea oddity" pops up again. Now i have one kraken cannon and electric cannonballs (!?), so i'm prepared to deal with this violent atrocity. If someone will be tanking all the stun damage, all will be fine. I also have taken two fully trained bugeye psionics for some reason.
 Ok, got out of tunnel. Cannon works alright. Bugeyes bug out, still think they are underwater, fly around, drown to death. Screw that, i'm not replaying this. Enemies are finished off. What i got for all this? 500000$ worth of vendor trash and arcane tome. Not that much, but surely tome is something amazing! Probably not as amazing as Codex violent atrocity, but still.
So i immediately research it. And lo, it tells me how to make captured female mages (which i yet hasn't even seen) into stockpile extension! Fuck. Fuuuuck!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 05:10:52 pm by MCreeper »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21389 on: April 20, 2019, 05:15:11 pm »

Opened it up after several months during which there were some significant updates. Do the tutorial quests, which ended with me traveling to a nearby trader. Left the trader, walked a bit towards some buildings, found one that looked like another trader outpost. Two trader outposts within a few hundred meters of each other? I walked in to take a look.

Nope, it's a new building type that must have been added in the meantime: an abandoned/overrun trader outpost. Filled with zombies. A lot of zombies.

Playing against my co-worker. He did some jiggery pokery and managed to summon Obelisk the Tormentor on turn 3.
Ouch, especially since Set(the English translations of the god-cards' names are utter garbage) is a flat 4000A/4000D, and can give up its attack for a turn to instead sacrifice two of its allies to nuke the enemy side.

Highly unlikely that you'd have these cards, but if you want a hilariously broken OP cheese that I found while double-checking the god-cards' effects, try summoning two "Flint Lock"s and a "Fire Princess", and playing "Flint" and "Morale Boost".

Flint is an offensive-use equip card that reduces its holder's ATK by 300 and prevents it from changing position; if the holder dies it jumps to another monster on the field. Flint Lock tells that whole effect to piss off, and can force Flint to be equipped to it, negating Flint's effect and instead making Flint Lock indestructable in battle(though it can only have one Flint at a time). Two Flint Locks can pass a Flint between them ad infinitum without changing turn or turn phase, each time counting as equipping a monster with an equip card... which is where Morale Boost comes in; it gives you 1000LP every time you equip a monster(meaning you now have infinite Life Points)... and that's where Fire Princess comes in, she damages your opponent directly by 500LP every time you gain LP; meaning you just won.

Oh, and that strategy is perfectly legal, with the only official ruling on it* is that using Flint Lock's effect multiple times in a turn is allowed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 1570