Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244697 times)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21465 on: May 05, 2019, 03:15:25 pm »

I met a new type of enemy that appeared immune to the weapons I have, but only caused stun damage. They got everyone while I was trying to get my unconscious units to extraction for retreat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21466 on: May 05, 2019, 03:25:02 pm »

I met a new type of enemy that appeared immune to the weapons I have, but only caused stun damage. They got everyone while I was trying to get my unconscious units to extraction for retreat.

As someone who likes to pretend I know the game (sans endgame), this is horrifying.  I recently restarted (due to basically winning a financial victory in J14 pre J14a patch) and am looking forward to whatever you faced.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21467 on: May 05, 2019, 03:34:34 pm »

Transferred a bunch of gear from Cass to ED-E, so I could dismiss Cass for Boone. Recruited Boone, went to go travel elsewhere, and then the game crashed.

Also have a weird bug where after taking the stuff from ED-E and dropping it in my motel room in Novac(presumably to never be used again), they're marked to be stolen rather than picked up normally. I don't lose Karma for picking it up though.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21468 on: May 05, 2019, 04:09:39 pm »

As someone who likes to pretend I know the game (sans endgame), this is horrifying.  I recently restarted (due to basically winning a financial victory in J14 pre J14a patch) and am looking forward to whatever you faced.

It was in a special event that can appear very early, but is rare and requires some special equipment.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21469 on: May 05, 2019, 06:08:07 pm »

Reached a floor/section of the facility titled "Military Base - Prepare to Die".

I did.

This was because I had encountered a new enemy type that was apparently capable of phasing through reality or something and in so doing, causing bullets to pass straight through it.

I was not granted this same protection, and was destroyed attempting to exhaust the phasing ability by shooting them repeatedly - to no apparent effect.

SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising.

If anyone knows how I deal with those foes, please let me know. For all I know a possible strategy is to run the hell away and wait for the enemy to deactivate the phase through reality power.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21470 on: May 05, 2019, 08:00:33 pm »

Died a lot trying to make some jumps in Pump Man's stage.  That was after dying a ton to Sheep Man, although his stage was easy.

And that's after dying so very many times in Wily's fortress in the previous game.

Life is too short to play Mega Man 9 and 10.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21471 on: May 06, 2019, 02:34:44 am »

« Reply #21979 on: May 05, 2019, 08:00:33 pm »

Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #471 on: May 05, 2019, 08:04:35 pm »

I think it says something about the casual brutality of the game that you started dying before you started playing:D
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #21472 on: May 06, 2019, 06:16:13 am »

I was on a pretty great win streak. Then I ended up having to solo tank a couple of times (the meta has been dual tank for... years, basically), had a couple of AFK players, and some very questionable picks. My win rate is still well above 50%, but it's a lot worse than it used to be, yikes.

Paladins, ranked, for my sins.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21473 on: May 06, 2019, 08:22:50 am »

« Reply #21979 on: May 05, 2019, 08:00:33 pm »

Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #471 on: May 05, 2019, 08:04:35 pm »

I think it says something about the casual brutality of the game that you started dying before you started playing:D

It's not far off, believe me... I had this feeling of dread just starting Mega Man 10...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21474 on: May 06, 2019, 09:55:58 am »

Hitman 2, newest limited-time assassination contract. It takes place in the map I've spent the most time in. I got to the target, had a costume on, got him separated, and...suddenly I was compromised (costume no longer works, being hunted, shoot-to-kill orders) by half of the people in the building. Managed to hide, kill one security guard that nobody saw, change outfits, got shot to death anyway (to be fair, on that one, I was standing over a body when they saw me. Usually get a few seconds first, though).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21475 on: May 06, 2019, 09:14:57 pm »

Death Wish mode. Accurate description.

The first one is simple, do Chapter 1, Act 5(? where you have to turn off the lava faucets) again, only you now have to worry about burning up yourself if you don't have a dip in some water to cool off. That was easy, it's just the bonus objectives that are murderous. First is "Don't get too hot" meaning you have to stay very close to water. The other, much harder one is "Cool off at most 2 times". I don't think that one is particularly doable with my level of skill, especially since there are no health pickups in Death Wish stages.

I think my save file corrupted. I do have an earlier save from a little while back, just in case.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21476 on: May 06, 2019, 10:12:33 pm »

Not a death but a funny failure.

Built a small airship/helicopter Put a big turreted cannon on the bottom.  I as of then did not have much experience with helicopters.

Cannon fires.  craft does a backflip, oops.  But amusingly, at the end of the backflip the cannon fires off another shot, another backflip faster this time, lines up another shot another faster flip.  This continues until it eventually falls into the ocean where it eats a torpedo.  None of the cannon shots hit.

From the depths
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:15:30 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21477 on: May 07, 2019, 07:39:12 am »

Hitman 2, newest limited-time assassination contract. It takes place in the map I've spent the most time in. I got to the target, had a costume on, got him separated, and...suddenly I was compromised (costume no longer works, being hunted, shoot-to-kill orders) by half of the people in the building. Managed to hide, kill one security guard that nobody saw, change outfits, got shot to death anyway (to be fair, on that one, I was standing over a body when they saw me. Usually get a few seconds first, though).

I Magoo'd my way through that one. Got out alive only because I took advantage of the pipe near the satellite dish, popping between the two floors to kill the nearby guard or two before vanishing back to the pipe. I managed to get the security room cleared out and hauled ass to the helicopter. It's the first Elusive Target I've attempted that I almost failed across both games.

To be fair though it was my fault. I'd disguised myself as the dude making his murderpen without realizing he was going to meet with him then spoke to Sean Bean and triggered the sequence of events. In a panic because he was getting angery, I slammed his face into the pen in a room full of guards and scientists and beat feet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21478 on: May 07, 2019, 08:42:28 pm »

Trying to do a little speedrun and I keep getting some utterly rotten luck when it comes to rares (always vortex and waller) and level generation. Still, I persist.

Diablo 3
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21479 on: May 09, 2019, 10:41:38 am »

Got the furtherst ever, level 58, all pretty much great and good. Managed to fully clear the story and both DLC's, just beating the master of flesh seconds prior. Then I see a path leading out of the boss arena and go, ok, this probably leads to the exit and I can turn in all these quests and finish the veteran run and go into elite. Except the path is all fucking aetherfire and chunks you incredibly fast, I figure that's cool, I'll potion trough it and run trough the area, except I realise it's a fucking dead end too late and drop dead.

On to attempt number 7, the pile of corpses will continue to grow it seems.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 1570