Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 1570

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2244581 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #21495 on: May 15, 2019, 07:14:48 pm »

I keep getting owned by Gunners, super mutants and legendary ghouls, so I need to join the Brotherhood and get their sweet, sweet fusion cores. To this end I rescue Danse and follow him to ArcJet, with Preston in tow.

Preston disappears as soon as we enter ArcJet and Danse won't stop aiming at the ceiling. Then I get the objective "Heal your companion." Somehow, in the split seconds between loading in and gaining control, Preston had aggro'd a turret on the second floor, gotten up there, and got KO'd. Sometime between ending my last playthrough and starting this one, followers became stupid. Like REALLY stupid, even by the standards of Bethesda companions.

And I can't reload because this is Survival and it would mean going all the way back to the police station, where I last slept.

Fallout 4.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21496 on: May 17, 2019, 07:55:40 am »

Welp, another rip at lvl 68. Got murderized by an aetherial elite on my way to necropolis. Not sure what exactly happened but I think the fucker stunlocked me right after I used a potion so I couldn't run and since potions have fairly long cooldowns he kinda burned trough my 11k hp without much trouble. Damn shame too, the build was so damn good at this point :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21497 on: May 17, 2019, 07:57:11 am »

Welp, another rip at lvl 68. Got murderized by an aetherial elite on my way to necropolis. Not sure what exactly happened but I think the fucker stunlocked me right after I used a potion so I couldn't run and since potions have fairly long cooldowns he kinda burned trough my 11k hp without much trouble. Damn shame too, the build was so damn good at this point :V
Ya gotta tell 'em it's Grim Dawn
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21498 on: May 17, 2019, 08:13:35 am »

It's pretty much the only thing I've been talking about here for the past two weeks, what the heck else is it gonna be :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21499 on: May 17, 2019, 11:38:43 am »

It's pretty much the only thing I've been talking about here for the past two weeks, what the heck else is it gonna be :V

Tetris.

Edit to add: In X-Piratez, I investigated a landed small UFO. I am not smart enough to check out an enemy beforehand (and middle-click is asinine), so I shot a dark grey humanoid thing in the back with my small revolver (it's TU-efficient and accurate, for a weapon with buy-able ammo). Then, after being one-shot with his plasma rifle, I noticed his 2 flying robot friends and one of the 4-square floating enemies from X-com. And 2 other Osiron Security. It's worse than landing and getting mobbed by zombies.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:43:59 am by Iduno »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21500 on: May 18, 2019, 04:39:17 am »

A Merc vs Merc mission.  My lance of medium mechs vs a group of 3 heavies.  2 Riflemen and an Orion.

I really want a rifleman.

My chameleon equipped to essentially be a bigger firestarter is running around keeping the big mechs overheated.  'Those are some nice big guns you have, shame you can only fire a couple of them a turn'.  My MC's Shadowhawk is trying to snipe out heads while my wolverine is alpha striking backs to try and just reduce their numbers to a more manageable level.

My LRM Trebuchet manages to get lucky and cores the orion, and Chameleon manages to burn one of the riflemen so hard all it's ammo explodes taking it out.  Just one rifleman left, it's still high heat so it can't fight effectively and it's pretty beat up but still has all it's parts.  Next turn it takes a few potshots at my MC, destroying her AC/10.  Probably not gunna take out a head anymore so the entire lance goes for the legs, and My wolverine manages to take out both legs in a single* volley.  Great success!

But why is this in the death thread you ask?  Did I mess up and post in the wrong thread like I did yesterday?  Nope.

Salvage screen comes up.  Salvage is super lucky, 3/3 parts to reconstruct my very own rifleman and even 1/3 of the orion parts for good measure.

Then the game crashes before getting back to the Argo.  RIP.

Modded Battletech
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:42:11 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21501 on: May 18, 2019, 05:40:59 am »

Game crashes, killing players every game every time.

Running through the Battle Arena, should have enough BP to get W-Summon right after this win. End up rolling No Items early on as well as 1/2 HP, last round gives me Break All Materia, and sets me against Serpent. Normally, Serpent only uses an attack called Viper Breath, which hits for around 500HP(Cloud has about 1800HP at this point). I figure I can match it blow for blow. Then the asshole uses Aqualung, and hits for about ~2000HP.

Another attempt, I've got Break All Materia, No Items, and Weapon Broken, and I'm faced with Ghost Ship in the final round. The problem is Ghost Ship has an attack called Gonnai, which is unblockable and removes the target from battle - in the Battle Arena, this is an instant loss.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21502 on: May 19, 2019, 08:30:34 pm »

I wrestled with forbidden knowledge and formidable foes over the course of perhaps 20 hours, and eventually ascended to walk behind the watchman - winning immortality and a minor victory of sorts.

I started over, as my apostle, to attempt to climb higher still. I used my health to work for coin, but got sick right at the start while my health was still fatigued from the work and suffered a hugely anti-climatic death less than 2 minutes into the game.

RIP Toast2, apostle entheate.

Cultist simulator. Not the game I was expecting at all (not really sure exactly what I did expect) but I'm loving it.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21503 on: May 19, 2019, 08:55:53 pm »

I used all my clot charms and about a dozen bandages trying to fight some skeleton workers in the mausoleum.

Then the game crashed anyway.

Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21504 on: May 20, 2019, 08:10:06 am »

Another attempt, I've got Break All Materia, No Items, and Weapon Broken, and I'm faced with Ghost Ship in the final round. The problem is Ghost Ship has an attack called Gonnai, which is unblockable and removes the target from battle - in the Battle Arena, this is an instant loss.

For a game with an annoying plot half of the game, was ugly looking even when it came out, and has some terrible mechanics like that, FF7 is still fun to play sometimes.

We recently started Arkham Horror LCG Forgotten Age for the 3rd time. We're having to go with standard difficulty because the guy who made 2/4 characters likes specialization, and doesn't understand why "kills things good" isn't as important as "can also gain clues so we don't run out of time and lose *again*". Luckily, I have Finn who is getting decent at clue gathering now that I've got some xp, and is good at evading.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21505 on: May 20, 2019, 11:56:12 am »

Decided to take on a mean looking dragon. Went in for melee while it was on the ground. Immediately get eaten while at 90% health

Skyrim.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21506 on: May 21, 2019, 04:52:52 pm »

Learned the hard way that Dark Dragons in the final dungeon counter against magic with Ultima. Lost about half an hour of effort, including getting several useful E.Skills, including the two you can get from Dark Dragon(Laser & Dragon Force) via Manipulate(Ultima is not on their Manipulate command list).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #21507 on: May 21, 2019, 11:56:52 pm »

Tried to attack a pirate base.

Unfortunately, while I spent lots of credits buying fuel and supplies, I didn’t consider that the pirates would likely be somewhat strong, while my fleet was rather weak (almost all of the ships in them were part of my starting fleet).

My character had to start again with two tiny ships and less than 25k credits.

I decided to delete them and start again.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21508 on: May 22, 2019, 02:09:41 am »

After five minutes of just walking and ten minutes of agonized sneaking, I finally get inside the perimeter. I take out a hound and a skirmisher by making a suicider drop their mini-nuke; the experience loss is well worth it.

Then a mutant with a missile launcher pops out of cover and instantly kills me.

I feel like survival mode should have had either limited saves or almost every enemy being able to one-hit kill you; not both. It feels like most gameplay is just the walk of shame from the last bed back to the quest objective.

Fallout 4.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21509 on: May 22, 2019, 08:12:28 am »

Was crossing a fallen tree over a deep ravine next to a waterfall.  A bandit charged at me across the log, but I cinematically defeated him with my shield.
Then realized I had shifted a foot to the side into thin air, and fell.  I missed the river, hit some rocks XD

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 ... 1570